• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2009- Demo is out!

True Gooner

Established Member
bluenaz said:
So 'only' 10 hours a day? ;)

:D

I actually went outside the other day!

Anzac said:
how did you get Srna to sign for you - everytime I try he signs for The Spuds - even if I offer him 60k in wages as a key player & 1.5m to sign on.......

What? I dunno mate, I didnt realise it was that hard - I gave him whatever he asked for (around 60k) and I easily held off bids from Man City, Atletico etc.

Yeah, he is an absolute treat in his game, already got the most assists in the league (4) after 2 games and covers a lot of ground, making vital tackles - hes what Eboue should be! Plus, hes ****ing awesome on set plays.

I owe Pat Rice!

Anzac, since your playing a 4-4-2, do you have any tips to make it more effective? I've just be trying to perfect the formation through a series of valued judgements and dumb luck, but I feel like I can do better.

Oh - I also signed Sakho (CB) from PSG; seems like a good prospect.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
OK, ive hit a wall in my pre-season, but its a technical issue, i finished my 2nd friendly match, went to continue and its crashed. reloaded the game, played the game & went to play and it crashed again.... anyone know the remedy?

Yep, im a victim of the Crash-Dump bug. And i cant get rid of it :(

Anzac

Established Member
True Gooner said:
[
Anzac said:
how did you get Srna to sign for you - everytime I try he signs for The Spuds - even if I offer him 60k in wages as a key player & 1.5m to sign on.......

What? I dunno mate, I didnt realise it was that hard - I gave him whatever he asked for (around 60k) and I easily held off bids from Man City, Atletico etc.

Yeah, he is an absolute treat in his game, already got the most assists in the league (4) after 2 games and covers a lot of ground, making vital tackles - hes what Eboue should be! Plus, hes f****g awesome on set plays.

I owe Pat Rice!

The only thing I haven't done is give him the full sign on fee he is asking for - might have to give that a go. The reality is that I'm only looking to sign him in my 442 because of his crossing & set pieces.

The irony is that in my player search filters I get the following results:
AM R/L = Rosicky, Nasri;
AMC = Cesc;
Box-to-box mid = Cesc;
CB = Gallas;
MC = Cesc;
M R/L = Eboue;
Playmaker = Cesc;
ST = RVP;
Sweeper = Gallas / Toure;
WB = Eboue;
Winger = Nasri / Walcott.
I haven't had a look as to why Ade doesn't show up as a Target Man - I suspect that if you have any sort of defensive attribute in your filter it will look to include that even if the value is low.

In my 4231 I'm contemplating trying to sign Riquelme again for my AMC - had him in '08 and he was superb, although I could always look to 'convert' Cesc..........

outlaw_member

Established Member
Fellas, should we have a friendly competition? We all manage a certain team, and see who does best over a set time period.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
I can't get into the latest version at all. First of all I find all the media interaction incredibly tedious and the games are always a bore. I've started a few games usually with Arsenal and despite playing teams like Nasri - Fabregas - Veloso - Walcott - van Persie - Adebayor/Balotelli with very attacking tactics, the games virtually always end up 0-0 or 1-0. I'd get about 10 games into the season and I'd have about 9 goals for and 3 against.

The 3D match engine is cack and now for some reason it takes an age to setup the 2d overhead engine in every match. I'm not impressed.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Seems like your not the only one, when I did play the game. I had the same team except Arshavin instead of Walcott. I played high up the field, with very attacking minded tactics. I only scored 16 goals in all competitions by January the 1st, I either drew games 0-0, lost 0-1 or won 1-0. I thought that was down to a tactical error of mine, but you've had the same problem. Also Fabregas has an avg. of 6, lower than every other player, despite being the fulcrum of my team. The team barely creates and barely scores, inspite of the attacking talent on show.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
I just wish i could play my Arsenal game, Ive tried everything bar reinstalling it and hoping that works.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I am scoring goals for fun in this game though. An average of 2+ goals per game and 0.4 conceded

True Gooner

Established Member
I havent had any problems scoring goals. 4 games gone and I've scored around 9 goals.

The problem is that my strikers have only scored 2 of those goals. My top goal scorer is.....wait for it.....William Gallas!

Oh and I missed two penalties (faggots!) as well, so I'm not worried yet.

Havent let in a goal yet either.

Of course I'm about to play Manchester United and Liverpool over the next two weeks without Sagna or RvP, so I fully expect that to change. Fun!

outlaw_member said:
Fellas, should we have a friendly competition? We all manage a certain team, and see who does best over a set time period.

Sure - the member who does the worst changes his username or avatar or something along those lines.

Eg. once you lose and I win, you could change your user name to TrueGooners_bitch. ;)

outlaw_member

Established Member
How many more people are down for the friendly competition, and the consequences True Gooner has so eloquently thought up? In other words, who want's to be called Outlaw_Member's *****? :D

DREVAK

Established Member
Well I don't, but count me in! If it's going to be something like 'a season at Rushden & Diamonds' and not 'spend the Manchester City fortune in under a week'. Friendly competitions and challenges are good. And fun. And challenging. Although that's obvious since it's a challenge.

Anzac

Established Member
Unfortunately I'll have to decline the invite as I did for Expert XI = have family must interact - lol!!!!!!

Original_AAA

Got some suggestions for you guys:

- Hartlepool FC, a small club in league 1. Last season they ended in 15 place, so they have an okay squad for League 1. The challenge: First team to achieve promotion to the Premier League and finish on a safe spot.

- RC Lens, restore the glory of the sang et by firstly gaining promotion to Ligue 1 and win the league at least once and one of the french cups at least once.

- TSV 1860 München longs to overtake Bayern München as the top club in Germany. Help them on their way by gaining promotion to the Bundesliga and then winning it 3 times over 5 years.

Good luck! :)

entropy13

Established Member
A suggestion:
Be Fiorentina and win the Champions League, Serie A, Italian Cup in your first season. Then win the Super Italian Cup, European Super Cup and the FIFA World Club Championship in the second, and win the first 3 mentioned too.

I've done it in Football Manager 2008 so you can do it in 2009 as well. :)

True Gooner

Established Member
Original_AAA said:
Got some suggestions for you guys:

- Hartlepool FC, a small club in league 1. Last season they ended in 15 place, so they have an okay squad for League 1. The challenge: First team to achieve promotion to the Premier League and finish on a safe spot.

- RC Lens, restore the glory of the sang et by firstly gaining promotion to Ligue 1 and win the league at least once and one of the french cups at least once.

Both these sound good, any more suggestions?

I think we all agree on managing a small(ish) club playing in the First Division in England? OR its equivalent in another well known league?

Just as long as it doesnt get boring.

Original_AAA

Other small clubs in England that would be suitable are:

- Darlington. The Quakers are in League 2, however seeing as they have a large stadium (25.000) and a good squad (came to the play off semi finals last season) it makes for a very interesting game. (My brother favourite btw, he had three consequtive promotions with these guys). (They are also incidently fierce rivals to already named Hartlepool)

- You could also try to revive Leeds old glory, by taking them from League 1 to a Premiership title.

DREVAK

Established Member
I say let's not make it too complicated at first. The suggestions above are good but if there is going to be five or six of us then it would be silly to do start with getting a third league team to a top flight title. People losing interest, the whole process taking very long, you get the idea. So I say keep it simple, short and, of course, fun.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom