• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2010

Illusion

Established Member
DREVAK said:
I haven't properly played the demo yet but I read somewhere that people are better off judging players' skill only after a few weeks ingame, as at the start they might still be feeling the effects of the off season. Now I don't know whether that's true or just something a SI fanboy wrote but it doesn't sound too far fetched.

It's correct.

If a player is not up to full match fitness, which is the case over the summer as you wind things up to prepare for the season to start then their stats are usually a tiny bit lower than they would be when match fit.

It's only a small difference but things usually do go up if a player is fit and healthy.

As for what Original_AAA said, yes those players are a little under rated, but like I've said already they rate players based on the previous season rather than what has happened this season. If a teams players are making improvements in the new season they wont necessarily be reflected in the game until the January/February data update.

That's why I said they should release the game before the season starts so they avoid this situation, it seems a whole lot more logical to me.

entropy13

Established Member
Clrnc said:
entropy13 said:
Slightly OT, I wouldn't want to revive the FM09 thread since the last post there was last July and it's just a small thing really.

It's almost 3 weeks since I last played my Arsenal game, so I started at it again earlier. Then when international break came I put it on holiday, so I ate some snacks downstairs first. Then I returned to see that I've just finished my holiday and I'm about to attend my press conference against Wigan. But then I noticed there were more mail in my inbox than usual. Then I realized they were for the France team, I forgot that I'm also the French NT manager. And we lost 2-1 to Poland in the WCQ for 2014. :lol:
Did that result matter?

Nah not really, but that was my first loss in a qualifying match. In the next international break I thrashed Serbia 3-0 and Kazakhstan 4-0. I'm now top of the group with 15 pts, Serbia is the same, I'm ahead with a better GD. I've just won the 2013 Confederations Cup too. :p

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
loving it, won't play as Arsenal due to me wanting to do the smae thing Wenger does and go young (no point in that for half a season)

instead I picked Barca and wengt on a shopping spree

Sold Xavi because I hate him for some reason

Bought Kehl and Veloso to anchor the central midfield together

and DAvid Silva to bolster the attack, iniesta in the middle and Silva and Messi on each wing with Zlatan upfront may be the best attack in history!

they score for fun

outlaw_member

Established Member
YeahBee said:
loving it, won't play as Arsenal due to me wanting to do the smae thing Wenger does and go young (no point in that for half a season)

Good to see that doesn't only happen to me.

entropy13

Established Member
I don't bother with the other big clubs besides Arsenal. There are exemptions (i.e. Fiorentina in FM08 and Villa in FM07) but I stick to Arsenal when I play. Of course I don't always play among the top leagues instantly. I've played Milwall, Cisco Roma and Hereford before for some LLM.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/fm-2010-arsenal-edition-free-demo-available" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -available</a>

Anybody tried the Arsenal edition one yet?

Anyway what tactics have you guys been using?

Illusion

Established Member
Clrnc said:
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/fm-2010-arsenal-edition-free-demo-available" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anybody tried the Arsenal edition one yet?

Anyway what tactics have you guys been using?

I only played around five or so games in the demo, I didn't want to figure things out too early before playing a multiplayer league with my mate.

I played as Arsenal just to see how the team was and I used the in game 4-5-1 I believe, it pretty much laid out the team the way we have been playing this season.

I set up the instructions in a pretty standard manner and let the team play (using what is pretty much Wenger's line up).

The team was strong and won most games, although they ended up losing 4-0 to Man Utd at Old Trafford which was a bit of a bummer. Rooney and Owen have always been 'supermen' against me in FM games and that was no exception.

DREVAK

Established Member
Talking of supermen, Rooney and Owen are somewhat understandable, but I swear there was no tougher opponent than Aston Villa's Milan Baros a couple of seasons ago. He always scored against me, always tormented my defenders. I might have defended well against all the Henrys and Nistelrooys but Milan Baros was my number one nemesis.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I won both matches against Manure. 2-0 in the league at OT, 2-1 from my brilliant reserves in the league cup at Emirates.

I used 4-3-3 formaton but seems to score too little goals compared to all the others. But I also concedes little goals. I use Dzeko as targetman and Vdv behind him as playmaker and its doing well, joint top with Spuds

nazo

Established Member
The game has been leaked on lots of sites. I didn't even know it comes out this weekend so while scrolling through some things i was surprised to find it.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

But if it isn't out, how do you leak it?

PM please Smartly

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
If you pre order from a shop that delivers they often send it out early to make sure you get it for release date, which means you can quite often get it a day or two earlier than release.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom