• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2010

DREVAK

Established Member
A bit unfortunate about the low PA players disproportion but since the researchers are human it's going to happen. Reminds me of the time when Czech Republic had no -9 players while the likes of Finland and Hungary had several. Two, three years back tops. Oh and to be fair to the SI team they do keep saying how a PA of 160 is a first team regular for a good Premier League team... though personally I have always laughed such statements in the face with my mighty Ipswich or Cardiff squads of 179 PA minimum!

DREVAK

Established Member
Yes.

But only if the players in question do perform on a level deemed good enough by the researchers to warrant a raise in their potential. Should it go up then?

It's easy to get excited about youngsters being good from a fan's perspective but the researchers try to see past that and be objective. -6 is perhaps rather harsh for a highly rated (mostly by fans, but still) Coquelin, but ultimately what the researcher asks is if Coquelin has done anything (or enough) to warrant becoming a bench warmer/starter/star player for Arsenal.

True Gooner

Established Member
Fair enough, I suppose it depends on how the club are doing when the next patch comes out. Although my concern is more about the likes of Song and Vermaelen getting a boost.

btw have you lot had any success with Walcott? He has very little of anything going for him apart from his pace and acceleration but Pat Rice thinks he can be as good as RvP. :|

DREVAK

Established Member
Yeah, and Vermaelen would have been rated by the Ajax researcher so he might not be at the level you'd expect him to be after his Arsenal performances. Also both him and Song would be based on last season, so any changes for the worse or the better in their game since the beginning of the season will be reflected in a later patch. I can't comment on Walcott as I don't play as Arsenal. Never have, come to think of it!

Rocafella

Established Member
You can download an in game editor so you can change stats as you please. I don't use it to cheat, but it saves you having to mess around with the database.

Illusion

Established Member
True Gooner said:
Fair enough, I suppose it depends on how the club are doing when the next patch comes out. Although my concern is more about the likes of Song and Vermaelen getting a boost.

btw have you lot had any success with Walcott? He has very little of anything going for him apart from his pace and acceleration but Pat Rice thinks he can be as good as RvP. :|

This is because whilst Walcott has a good PA, similar to RvP's, a large proportion of his CA is used on his excellent physical attributes - namely Acceleration and Pace. The game weights the physical attributes so they use more of a players allocated CA and therefore leaves less points for technical stats.

Walcott is a good player and will be good in the game, but you'll have to be quite one dimensional with him and train him in the art of dribbling, crossing and finishing. You wont really get much else out of him due to his excellent physical stats.

When the game says "xxx has the potential to be as good as yyy" it is simply reading the PA figure for xxx, comparing it to yyy and giving you a response based upon that.

Another thing that irks me about the game are the reputation stats given to the top Premier League clubs.

Arsenal have the lowest reputation of the big four, this means our players see all of our main rivals as bigger clubs than us and there are quite a few other clubs around the world with higher reputations. Reputation is a key factor as to whether a player is attracted to your club or not.

Of course I will agree that Man Utd deserve a very high reputation because they have been whored out around the world for fifteen years now, they are so well marketed they have a huge reputation. However, reputation isn't just about how famous they are, it's about how big a club they are in the eyes of the players.

I don't think Arsenal deserve to be seen as smaller than Chelsea or Liverpool, at least not by as much as we currently are.

The other gripe is a long term problem I've had with the Arsenal researchers and it is to do with our youth setup.

Every club is rated out of 20 on how good their youth facilities are and how good their training setup is. Man Utd has 20 for both and has had 20/20 for years now, but unfortunately Arsenal has 19/19.

I don't see how anyone can say that in the present day, Man Utd have a better youth setup than Arsenal, yet the game suggests this. That extra point will affect the quality of talent that may be produced by your academy in game and given how much quality we've been producing compared to Man Utd recently, it seems ludicrous to suggest that ours is any worse.

Smartly Dressed Morris

Patch out already:)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballmanager.com/index.php?p=patches" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballmanager.com/index.php?p=patches</a>

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
What formation do you guys use with Arsenal? 4-3-3 has been okay for me so far but are there any other decent systems?

And Illusion was right about Theo, have to buy another attacker.

stuart

Established Member
Bought this today...anyone fancy suggesting a team a few of us could be and then let eachother know how we're getting on? Would like to be someone a bit different for a change

Illusion

Established Member
stuart said:
Bought this today...anyone fancy suggesting a team a few of us could be and then let eachother know how we're getting on? Would like to be someone a bit different for a change

Sunderland, Fiorentina, Atletico, Villareal, Newcastle, West Brom, Aston Villa, Lazio, Wolfsburg, Ajax and Rubin Kazan are all relatively decent options to have some fun with.

The only problem is with the last three as they are in relatively small leagues there often feels like there isn't that much to achieve.

I suppose you could add Notts County and Leeds to the list as well.

I'm currently doing a multiplayer game with a mate, I'm Nottingham Forest and he's Newcastle. Took us about 6 hours just to get to the first league game :)

stuart

Established Member
Plumped for Leeds, as i see you've even suggested...probably would have went Notts County had i thought of them.

Im about 13 games in and sitting undefeated in third...Brighton are getting away a bit in first place though! Loving the game so far.

Captain

Established Member
American_Gooner said:
What formation do you guys use with Arsenal? 4-3-3 has been okay for me so far but are there any other decent systems?

And Illusion was right about Theo, have to buy another attacker.

Theo does alright for me. Can't seem to get VanPersie scoring; eduardo scores two goals a game in his position.

Illusion

Established Member
Four games into the season with Forest and I'm sitting in second place. I won my first 3 games 1-0, 4-0 and 1-0 (the 4-0 being against West Brom at home - woot!) and the fourth game was a crazy 4-4 at Loftus Road against QPR. My Belgian supersub striker managed to net the equaliser in the 93rd minute to save my blushes, he's come on as a sub in my last five games and scored in all of them.

I am enjoying the new tactics interface, makes it very clear to new and old players exactly what stats a player requires in order to perform the role you have selected and it gives you quite a wide variety of options in each position too.

On my brief Arsenal tests in the demo and the full game I found RvP to be excellent when played centrally in a 4-3-3 (the in game 4-5-1 formation but it's more like a 4-3-3 to me). I think I used him as an advanced forward or something similar, one of them fits his excellent stats very well and he was highly capable for me.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom