• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: AZ Alkmaar vs Arsenal |04/08/06

KingReyes

Established Member
Great result from the lads. Have to say I ws impressed with our physical level as I expected it to drop in the second.

That second goal was typical Arsenal from start to finish. What a run from Gilberto, he is fast for a big man.

Most of the team did their job well, noone really stood out but everybody did their part.

Overall good preperation for Zagreb

Hollanda

nidza7 said:
Have we been solid?

Defence looked good, but AZ isn't a good team at the moment. Arsenal played a bit defensive what I saw. 2 blocks of 4 players close 2 each other and adebayor and van Persie in front. So Defensive it looks good.

Some players played realy good at Arsenal.

kel varnsen

Established Member
only watched about 60 mins of the match, but i think it was a decent performance with a few flashes of brilliance and a bit of sloppy defending at times. hleb, hoyte, reyes, aliadiere and cesc looked good. the rest played fairly well too.

JMT

good game... never really saw anything EXCEPTIONAL... i enjoyed reyes type of play. and RvP had great chanes... but without Henry we do look slightly average... but CUM ON YOU GOONNEERSSSSS

go49oner

Established Member
cant Wait to hear what wenger will say about cole/reys situation. and if there is any transfer activities.

dublingunner

Established Member
Great performance overall, great result too. Could have been more easily. Dunno about saying Cesc was a bit off. I thought he was excellent, maybe a bit short pace-wise but the touch and the great balls were still there. He got the full 90 in and what's great about him is you can see youthful exuberance every time he plays.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
nidza7 said:
Did Song play well?

well yea you could say that.

anyway was it song who played the ball to one of our players (traore i think) and traore squared the ball to rvp which resulted in a penalty kick for us..

if that's song, that's one hell of a through ball he made there...

otfgoon

Established Member
Good performance from the lads, Reyes and Cesc, who was immense, worked particularly hard. RvP and Ade looked good up front.

Hoyte looked far more comfartable at left back in my opinion, was not happy with Flamini in that position.

It was a good test for the upcoming match, good win.

Kenyonhater

I thought Song looked really good. Nice, crisp, accurate passing and one glorious through ball to Traore .Neat and calm defensively too.

markheath

thanks for whoever posted the link to the online streaming.

Not exactly an overwhelming performance, but at least we won and kept a clean sheet.

I thought van Persie and Hoyte had good games. Aliadiere was very lively, and looked like he had a point to prove. Reyes and Hleb were disappointing (in fact most of our regulars were).

Defence looked a little bit shakey at times (I think Djourou was to blame on a couple of occasions, although wasn't always sure who was who so that might be unfair).

If Rosicky and Cole are available for the Dinamo game they should add a bit more attacking impetus than we saw today.

I'm a bit gutted I still haven't had a proper look at Walcott yet though...

Hollanda

Louis van Gaal "Arsenal is stronger/better now than AZ (more and better athlethic players then AZ and smarter with the ball but after 2 months we can play better so maybe the difference is smaller because we have a complete new team"

The dutch analist say that VAn GAal and AZ have big problems before starting in the League haha. They have bought some crap players from little clubs (also some good ones for the future but not realy some players who are better then what they got).

who just said cesc looked off? he played most of the passes in midfield and looked a genius on the ball dribbling in and out of 3 midfielders. all the players looked very sharp and are close to being ready for the new season. also song and aliadiere looked pretty good since they were substitues with only 20 mins to play.

this is good preparation for the zagreb game but i do think they will pose an over-physical approach in both legs which will make it hard. i will be happy with a 1-1 at dinamo.

cc

could anybody give a list of players-shirt No? It looked that some players weren't in their regular number. I couldn't recognize all of them because of the low video quality of web TV

Thanks.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom