• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: AZ Alkmaar vs Arsenal |04/08/06

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Van Persie is going to be the boy for us this season. Fantastic player.

Was very impressed with Reyes aswell. On this form I really hope we keep hold of him, but the question remains can he perform like this on a consistent basis and in the cold against northern cloggers?

I know it is only a friendly, but I thought we looked sharp and always had another gear or two if we wanted. Sloppy at times in defence, but that is to be expected.

Add to this Rosicky, Diaby, Senderos, Freddie, Clichy and of course the main man and things aint looking too bad at all.
I agree with this. My main worry for Robin is wether he'll be able to develop a real understanding with Thierry; they're a little bit similar in the sense that their game is about finishing the move than starting it, unlike say Dennis. Nonetheless he looked good today and I think the last year (particularly playing for the Dutch side) has matured his game. Fingers crossed he stays injury free this time around.

I think Reyes too is ironing out the issues with his game as a left-winger... slowly. I still think he's wasted out there, though.

kel varnsen

Established Member
kaids said:
RockyRocastle said:

Was very impressed with Reyes aswell. On this form I really hope we keep hold of him, but the question remains can he perform like this on a consistent basis and in the cold against northern cloggers?

I know it is only a friendly, but I thought we looked sharp and always had another gear or two if we wanted. Sloppy at times in defence, but that is to be expected.

Add to this Rosicky, Diaby, Senderos, Freddie, Clichy and of course the main man and things aint looking too bad at all.
I agree with this. My main worry for Robin is wether he'll be able to develop a real understanding with Thierry; they're a little bit similar in the sense that their game is about finishing the move than starting it, unlike say Dennis. Nonetheless he looked good today and I think the last year (particularly playing for the Dutch side) has matured his game. Fingers crossed he stays injury free this time around.

I think Reyes too is ironing out the issues with his game as a left-winger... slowly. I still think he's wasted out there, though.

i only watched reyes play for about 30 mins today, but it seems they have adjusted the left winger role for him slightly. he plays further up the pitch and he isn't as often tracking back and helping out the left back. of course, this was just a friendly nad just 30 mins, but it definately seemed like reyes was given a bit more freedom to roam up front and drift into the middle. i think hoyte was very good at taking advantage of reyes' movement and was able to make runs on the outside of their right back.

anyways, it'd be devestating if reyes left. he is so talented and imo the best passer in the league.

goonerz49

btw for a brand new stadium the dsb didn't look up to much did it? made me realise just how unbelievably awesome the grove is

otfgoon

Established Member
kaids said:
RockyRocastle said:

When you have two players of such quality there should be no problem. They have already linked well in several games, Man City and Wigan away are two examples. And I disagree that they are similar, RvP is much more direct. The good thing is that the both are very capable of scoring goals, something witch is very important if we are going to stop relying on Thierry for his goals.

Your right about Reyes, he looked like he was at home on the left today.

EDIT: Kel spot on about Reyes playing further forward.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Apparently Merida scored a scorcher from 25 yards out :-D but Lupoli was the star of the show. From what I can make out from the report Merida was basically a younger Fabregas but playing further forward and can actually shoot. Expect great things.

Lupoli was the star of the tho. Good on the lad, he weren't too bright in the last game.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Jose musthave played pretty well for Rocky to say that he played
well. Which leads me to ask what some of the guys that are criticsizing Reyes's performance watching and what do they expect him to do?

Gurgen

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Gurgen said:
No, nothing has changed, as he's still playing on the left :roll:

What perception you have patrick.

you obviously dont rate the player very much if you feel he wont learn anything despite playing the position so often.

Just how Bergkamp 'learned' to play right wing I guess. Think.

He's a passer, and as a passer on the touchline you have two options, diagonal ball or passing sideways. And that's exactly what Reyes does every time. Kind of restricts his creativity don't you think?

For all his ****eness he still set up the first two goals.

Lord Dula

Established Member
I was impressed with what I saw yesterday.

Maybe a bit of an obscure thing to note but most of our youngsters appear to being coming on physically - filling out if you will.

They also look more composed, as you'd expect with the experience they have. That said, I appreciate this was only a friendly.

Hleb looked sharp to me. he had a couple of burst with real pace. RvP looks like he's ready to menace defences and Ade is improving.

The balance of the side looked good too. Add Henry and Rosicky to the mix and we're looking just fine.

I'm not fussed if we dont sign any further players. If we do, I think a versatile defender would be the best option.

Gurgen

Established Member
Am I the only one who thought Cesc was poor? His tackles were always two seconds late and the way he ruined that counter attack was very unlike his usual self.

He didn't look match fit at all.

-thierry-

Anybody been pleasantly surprised with Adebayor?
His work rate's been superb, he linked the play well and it looks as if his technique's improved, maybe due to confidence levels? And dare i say it, 3 goals in two games :shock: , albeit against an Austrian Sp**s.

f4evo

Gurgen said:
Am I the only one who thought Cesc was poor? His tackles were always two seconds late and the way he ruined that counter attack was very unlike his usual self.

He didn't look match fit at all.

dont know what match you were watching, he looked very good imo, he made a couple of mistakes, but on the whole very impressive

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom