• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: AZ Alkmaar vs Arsenal |04/08/06

yonatan

gstew said:
Sane__ said:
Mark Randall is a midfielder from the Arsenal youth team, he's only 16 years old, he's been compared to Carrick in terms of style of play.
Then I say that we sell Randall now for 10 mill. pounds while the market is still good.

The question is though, is he English?

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
i really don't know what number was flamini in, hence the word "probably"

anyway, did vieira played against ajax?

Hollanda

bojed said:
i really don't know what number was flamini in, hence the word "probably"

anyway, did vieira played against ajax?

Don't know the match is still on sbs6 now on the television.

henrypupil

bojed said:
cc said:
could anybody give a list of players-shirt No? It looked that some players weren't in their regular number. I couldn't recognize all of them because of the low video quality of web TV

Thanks.

if i can remember correctly in the game against alkmaar:

hleb 7 (regular : 13)
djourou 6 (regular : 20 )
adebayor 10 :shock: :lol: (regular : 25)
gilberto 8 (regular : 19)

hoyte 14 :wink:

otfgoon

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
There's some stupid posts in this thread :roll:

well said, its like a school playground discussion except worse.

On rosicky and walcott not playing:

For the record, Tomas Rosicky was absent with a slight groin problem while Theo Walcott was still working his way back to fitness after being sick in Austria.

been

are ther any games live on the internet like the arsenal one if so please please link it im so bored

gstew

bojed said:
some people just choose to be less-than-intelligent in their life...

sad~
If you are referring to:

"Sane__ wrote:
Mark Randall is a midfielder from the Arsenal youth team, he's only 16 years old, he's been compared to Carrick in terms of style of play.

Then I say that we sell Randall now for 10 mill. pounds while the market is still good."

Then you might need to adjust your sarcasm reception meter.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
gstew said:
bojed said:

sad~
If you are referring to:

"Sane__ wrote:

Then I say that we sell Randall now for 10 mill. pounds while the market is still good."

i think you need to adjust whatever you have in you 'cause i wasn't referring to that post...

it was about somebody who said "reyes is lazy"...

anyway, any news on gilberto's injury? was it just a slight knock or does it need lengthy treatments?

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I thought we played very well. This was our first real test in pre-season and we passed it with flying colours. Robin van Persie looked exceptional.

Hollanda

GoonerGurjit said:
I thought we played very well. This was our first real test in pre-season and we passed it with flying colours. Robin van Persie looked exceptional.

Yeah he learned it from Master Bergie himself ;-) !!!

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Hollanda said:
GoonerGurjit said:

He's got so much ability. Surely he will go on to become one of the very best in the world sooner, rather then later.

Harding

i was pleased with tonights performance and i strongly expect the team that started tonight will be the starting team for the game agianst zagreb. Fabregas was as neat and tidy as ever, kolo was solid along with eboue, gilberto went about his buisness as usual and both ade and rvp looked sharp. I thought aliadiere was great when he came on and although i only got a gilmpse of traore, the lad seems to have alot of pace which is great! I was also impressed with how well hoyte slotted in at left back.

Hollanda

GoonerGurjit said:
Hollanda said:
GoonerGurjit said:

He's got so much ability. Surely he will go on to become one of the very best in the world sooner, rather then later.

Yeah and a good penalty against AZ. **** ajax had come 2 1-1 now with Inter :-(.

gstew

bojed said:
gstew said:
bojed said:

sad~
If you are referring to:

"Sane__ wrote:

i think you need to adjust whatever you have in you 'cause i wasn't referring to that post...

it was about somebody who said "reyes is lazy"...

anyway, any news on gilberto's injury? was it just a slight knock or does it need lengthy treatments?
Sorry.....Your post immediately followed mine, so it appeared that you were referring to me. Am I forgiven for my patronizing remark?

I agree that Reyes is not lazy and wish that people would just let him be. If he is unhappy, then at least he isn't acting in a detrimental fashion towards Arsenal. He is always complimentary of the club, the fans and Wenger. He also doesn't seem to be greedy. Either he is being misinterpreted and we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Or he is unhappy and we should give him the benefit of the doubt. As long as he tries hard and doesn't undermine the club then I support him.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Van Persie is going to be the boy for us this season. Fantastic player.

Was very impressed with Reyes aswell. On this form I really hope we keep hold of him, but the question remains can he perform like this on a consistent basis and in the cold against northern cloggers?

I know it is only a friendly, but I thought we looked sharp and always had another gear or two if we wanted. Sloppy at times in defence, but that is to be expected.

Add to this Rosicky, Diaby, Senderos, Freddie, Clichy and of course the main man and things aint looking too bad at all.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom