• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Barnet vs Arsenal | 14/07/07

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
RocktheCasbah said:
Loyan said:
otfgoon said:
RocktheCasbah said:
asajoseph said:
arsenal_hleb said:
i hope we get the same score as a few season before when we hit top form and scored double digits

:lol:

Are you sure you're not thinking of Borehamwood?

No, he's right, we beat them 10-0 the pre season before last.

Both Jeffers and Reyes scored a hattrick if I remember correctly.

cant wait for this though, would expect Eduardo, RvP and Theo to play since they have been in pre season for longer than most other players.
The Jeffers and Reyes hatricks were in Bergy's testimonial were they not?

Aside from Rocky's comment, a bit difficult for two hat tricks to be scored in a game that finished 2-1!
That's what I meant. Dunno why that slipped out in the post. I think is was probably due to the fact I thought it wasn't the Barnet game and rather a testimonial and Bergy's was the most recent one so without thinking I just typed it. And here I am trying to correct someone else :wink: .

Kraig

Established Member
would love to go to this game but alas, no transport. Looking forward to the emirates cup at least. Any 'links' then a pm would be greatly appreciated.

choi12911

I'd have thought by the time we start pre-season friendlies, Wenger would've appointed the director of football. Looks like we can't afford one......

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
reyes scored the hattrick at keown's testimonial match. ali got 2 and cashley scored 1.

franny was busy doing his ears at that time.

anyway, 20-0 to the arse.

18 senderos' headers,1 from clichy's knee and the other one from a certain delirious Arsène who can't contain himself and just had to make tomorrow headlines his.

i miss you very much my dear match thread *spanks on the arse*

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Lol Bojed. Im actually really looking forward to it and its just a friendly against Barnet and I'm watching it on ATVO!

Missed watching the Arsenal, even if they do nearly give a heart attack here and there and drive us a bit (or in some cases extremely) crazy.

Hope the weathers nice for those who are going.

rich300

Reyes also scored a hat-trick against Barnet in the 10-1 win. Jeffers did also get a hat-trick, with Bergkamp scoring two, and Quincy and Van Persie got one each.

And can anyone PM a 'link' for me too please!

banduan

Established Member
Gunners_Nadz said:
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=news&article=476577&cpid=703&title=Wenger+expects+to+field+strong+side+for+Barnet+friendly

Wenger is expected to field a strong side against Barnet. Felt a lil sorry for Barnet though, but they managed to hold us to a draw 0-0 last season.

Yeah, a bit exasperating that was.

Btw, looks like Flamster is playing!

asajoseph

Established Member
Last season, Aliadiere played exactly the same way he did all season - quick, occasionally attractive, but completely unable to finish even simple chances. Bendtner was awful that day too.

I'm hoping for better today!

Allyboy

Established Member
Marc Randall is starting today apparently, and Merida might get the second half.

Thank god footie is back, I hate the six weeks where nothing happens on the pitch, its only a meaningless friendly but its great to see the boys back.

Woop woop!

(Apologises for the gayness of that last comment...)

Nutsy

Established Member
Yeah, definitely, but such a shame though, that the game's not live anywhere else but ATVO and was it the Setanata - American Channel. Ahh. I couldn't careless, I'm going to pay for ATVO even if it kills me.

Nutsy

Established Member
Hope not, a first loss to Barnet albeit with a second team is not going to be a convincing start. all that confidence to brace for a new season bolts down to the very first game you play.

Big_Cake

We will win. 6-0 to us. It's a shame I won't see Romford Pele play, I was looking forward to that. :(

Nutsy

Established Member
Been craving for the red and white boys to play these past six weeks? Who wouldn't pay!! :D

Dennis10

Considering this campaign will be the season of doom according the many, my excitement is surprisingly much off the scale for this one. It's Barnet, we've lost Henry and nothing is certain, but I still feel like a kid for this one. Especially looking forward to the chance of watching van Persie, Denilson, Theo and Da Silva. The first mentioned to score 4 goals. He must be ridiculously hungry for games now..

f4evo

Arsenal won 10-1 against Barnet and yes Reyes and Jeffers got hattricks, Bergkamp got 2, RvP got 1, Quincy got 1 too if i can remember ;)

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom