• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fredrik Ljungberg (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kNiteMare

JazzG said:
This is quite funny, some are saying if a club offers us good money we should snap their hands off. Yet you want this same player to be totally loyal and rule out any move. Why should he? If the club isn't loyal to their players why should the player be loyal?

For the past 2 seasons he has been poor for us. The main reason is injuries, he has had so many its untrue. He missed half of the season last year, only played 19 games. Overall played 33 games and scored 10 goals from midfield, this season has played 32 and scored 10 goals, has 6 assists this season as well (our goal 'creating machine' henry has 7 and Pires has 8 ). These stats back up patrick42's claim that he isn't really that good ;)

I'm a big fan of his, people often look past the fact he has had so many injuries too much for my liking. Even this season he has played with injured ribs and an injured ankles. He can't seem to shake these injuries off, in the last few games he has been awesome imo. I'm not saying there aren't better players around coz there are, however due to him not being your usual flair player people often can't see past that.

Kyla said:
"but I don't want to close down any options I might have for the future. It would be unbelievable to play with Zidane in Madrid. He is the best in the world, even better than Thierry Henry." Nothing like a vote of confidence in your own team-mates, eh?

He is better than Henry, something which gooners seem to have difficulty accepting. On current form he is better but overall no one is better than Zidane, end of story. He was won seria titles, CLs, La liga titles, was the main reason France won the WC and the european cup. Can Henry claim

Basically i agree with everything that JazzG said and that's pretty much my opinion.
:D

Also to add, I dont think we need such a big uproar over this topic, if he want to go, let he goes (not saying he wants to, but if), i dont see the point of keeping any players who isnt fully commited to Arsenal. And i do not see the other players unity broken down by this report. Come on they are not boys, and we know what media is like, do you think they will be stupid enough to believe it?

job

I personally feel that Freddie is only at his very best when DB is on the pitch as he seems to be able to anticipate Freddies Runs into the box and of course DB can somehow produce those wonderfal pin point passes into him.

titi

Lauren , freddie and gilberto are all been linked with moves away. Why? Surely the club is not trying to break up this team that would be crazy in the highest degree.

Arjan

In a dutch newspaper was mentiioned that Wenger was interested in selling Ljungberg to Inter for 13 million Euro's.
(it's a link in Dutch, so I don't think anyone here will understand)

Don't know what to make of that, probably nothing

memyself

But didn't Freddy himself refused to deny his this because he wanted to keep all options open for the future. Everyone I talk to about this, even a Sp**s fan (yes, they have a fan) say they can't see Freddy going, but I have a nasty feeling about this. He didn't exactly rush out to deny this like Henry. The only one I can see going is Gilberto. Otherwise, I can only say that all this talk about which Arsenal player is going to which club is an excellent smoke screen cover for Arsène to work his magic for a new signing next season. Watch Wenger pull another rabbit from his hat :D

afrodizzy

Re: Ljungberg leaving?

sevengunner said:
Hi all... i have followed the forums for about 3 months but this is my first post. I just wanted to tell you that Freddie Ljungberg is very close to signing with the greek champion, Olympiacos. Arsenal will get around 1.5m euros.

Very funny :lol:

Canuck

Established Member
First I've heard of it.

I suppose there's a chance that Freddie is unhappy with things given his comments at the end of the season. But to let Paddy, Edu, Freddie, and Bobby (who I at least think has been persuaded to stay despite the Valencia rumours) all go in the same summer would be tantamount to treason. If he goes than Arsène better have a whole deck of aces up his sleeve before the transfer window closes.

I see that Madrid have Robinho and Milan have Gilardino, maybe the rest of the football world can start some serious wheeling and dealing now.

TB*Gooner*

sevengunner said:
Well, i am not gonna edit my post.. i just hope nobody does so and we will see in a couple of days who is wrong and who is right ;)

I have met Freddie Ljungberg. He thinks he's the best player in the world. He would turn down everybody but Real Madrid and Milan. Trust Me. And what's with that fee??? You're a funny guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom