• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I think Jesus is coming for that CF position and play on the wing if needed. Not the other way around. I think that’s what would make us so attractive to him over other clubs that could offer Champions League football.
The fact that he can have more tactical freedom and be the star is literally the only thing in our favor also he has said before our CL collapse that he liked working with Arteta maybe his City connection help us in this regard. Other than being able to black mail Arsenal for overmarket wages this is the only advantage we have over a Chelsea or big Continental club

6gunner

Nketiah has proven that he can score against Europa League, EFL Cup, and lower level PL competition (and to be fair he scored a brace against Chelsea). That’s what we’ll use him for and it’ll be a great role for him. Plus I don’t think he’s hit his ceiling so I’ll be happy to see him have that opportunity in an Arsenal shirt.

The deal for Jesus is going to be complicated for 3 reasons:
-Man City don’t have to sell
-If Pep wants to keep him they can beat any contract offer anyone, including Arsenal, is going to make
-Jesus is 25 and anyone buying him is going to want a 5 year contract which means this is his last real big money contract opportunity so his Agent is going to take his time to extract as much money as possible

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Nketiah has proven that he can score against Europa League, EFL Cup, and lower level PL competition (and to be fair he scored a brace against Chelsea). That’s what we’ll use him for and it’ll be a great role for him. Plus I don’t think he’s hit his ceiling so I’ll be happy to see him have that opportunity in an Arsenal shirt.

-If Pep wants to keep him they can beat any contract offer anyone, including Arsenal, is going to make
-Jesus is 25 and anyone buying him is going to want a 5 year contract which means this is his last real big money contract opportunity so his Agent is going to take his time to extract as much money as possible
They just signed Haaland and Alvarez. He has 12 months on his deal and won’t renew. City has to sell

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

I disagree with your last point. This is actually the contract which is the lead up to his last big money contract opportunity. If he signs a 4 year deal in his next contract he will be 29 at the end of it. By then, if he was to meet potential and be a top striker, his contract at 29 will be his big one- clubs are often willing to pay big salary for experienced players at that point of their career.

It would be wise to use this next move to really set himself up for the rest of his career. I think coming to an Arsenal where he is focused on as a key and pivotal player could help him a lot with this. In theory he moves to a bigger club as their main main when he reaches 28-29 from here, or gets a bumper new deal when he shows his value.

TinFish

I think Jesus is coming for that CF position and play on the wing if needed. Not the other way around. I think that’s what would make us so attractive to him over other clubs that could offer Champions League football.
So our dream of signing the likes of Rapinha and Gnabry are over since we are buying a player for both positions

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
They just signed Haaland and Alvarez. He has 12 months on his deal and won’t renew. City has to sell
Yeah with WC around the corner, he knows he will need to move. He will have plenty of offers. I like to think that him previously working well with Arteta is a big plus for us & altho we dont have UCL, we are in Europe. He will want to be the main man wherever he goes & he would be that with us. I expect us to get this over the line, eventually.

6gunner

I disagree with your last point. This is actually the contract which is the lead up to his last big money contract opportunity. If he signs a 4 year deal in his next contract he will be 29 at the end of it. By then, if he was to meet potential and be a top striker, his contract at 29 will be his big one- clubs are often willing to pay big salary for experienced players at that point of their career.

It would be wise to use this next move to really set himself up for the rest of his career. I think coming to an Arsenal where he is focused on as a key and pivotal player could help him a lot with this. In theory he moves to a bigger club as their main main when he reaches 28-29 from here, or gets a bumper new deal when he shows his value.
I get it but a good comp would be Gnabry. Great player, nothing to prove and looking for that £250-£300k a week deal but can’t find it. Clubs are wising up that big deals for 30 year olds rarely work unless it’s for the very elite players—which Gnabry or Jesus will never be. Clubs will start offering 1 and 2 year deals to those players but not 5. If Jesus is going to reach his maximum earning potential he’s got to do it with this contract.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
E773137-E-ECC5-475-A-9-F25-5479-B8343598.jpg

MikeVinna

Established Member
So our dream of signing the likes of Rapinha and Gnabry are over since we are buying a player for both positions

I just don’t think we’ll get two forwards that are starting quality. It’ll effectively be the end of at least one of Martinelli/ESR. Especially if we exit the cup competitions early again. But I could be proven wrong..

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

This one from James ducker who i guess usually very reliable with Manchester clubs.

Would be nice to hurry up edu if you leading the freaking chase.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
An underrated aspect of Jesus' game is his movement in the box and attacking the ball, might be of use to use as we get the ball in the box from out wide a lot. But then again, it makes sense, Jesus does love a cross.
He very good all round player imo only something frustrating in his game that he not clinical enough and that something he need to improve after he sign with us because we aren't man city lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom