• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gareth Southgate's England

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

skinner-chalmers.gif

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Rory absolutely fuming about this...

..anymore nonsense like this from Maguire for his country and Rory will be picking England as one of his side's to get relegated from the Prem this season, I reckon.

"the geezer thinks he's Kim Kardashian" had be cackling like a drunken dolphin.

Riou

Odd take here from Richards...

...99.999999999% sure this is the real Gio, so we can add him to Van Der Vaart, as Dutch legends that rightly think Maguire is a fridge.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I really dont get why people knock Southgate & make out he is not getting the best out of the players.
He is a pragmatic manager sure but unless you are miles ahead in terms of talent you normally have to be to get results.
I think its largely because our players are overhyped & always have been.
Italy showed in the final that they can still pass the ball way better than us & so do others.

Now we do have squad depth & I genuinely think we are one of the best teams in World. For the 1st time i can remember We are certainly top 6.
However we are not 1970 Brazil ffs!!!

France have better players than us & failed at the Euros.
Loads of other Countries have very good technical players that may be more suited to the WC in Qatar

Southgate has most importantly got the players together & done better than any England Manager for over half a century.

There has been other England managers that had a better starting team imho.

As for the remarks that Fat Sam would do better that is honestly the funniest thing i have ever read on this forum🤣.

He would have set us back 20 years at least.

Ciscoo

I’m happy with the extension. He did an underrated job of building the squad after Iceland 2016. That’s his great strength and we still need a more technical midfield.

With his poor in-game management, there’s definitely a risk he’ll have a shocker though. Hope he’s willing to walk if that’s the case.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐

How do you English feel about that?

I'd be a bit disappointed tbh. although I'm aware he got you to the final. I just don't feel the football under him - with the raw material he has - is anything breath taking, and not convincing enough. England has such a squad, but the play seems very unimaginative, and believe it should be possible to play much better.

I can't help to compare it with Denmark under Åge Hareide, and the year after with Kasper Hjulmand. The transformation being huge in practically all aspects. I feel Southgate is in many regards more similar to dear Åge than to Hjulmand hence my disappointment as I feel it's an uninspired, unambitious extension. The material deserves a more progressive, creative manager.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

This favouritism is why England won't win a world cup anytime soon.

It's quite a shame especially when it's apparent we have potentially 4 international players who can line up for England. No better time to win it then with a squad full of Arsenal players.

Reactions: A_G

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
White should be in ahead of Maguire. Maguire is like the goofy character in an action movie that should be done for early on but has insane plot armor and makes it to the end. How he keeps getting selected for club and country is beyond me.

Bloodbather

Established Member

This sort of stuff is to be expected in the international game. It's difficult to create chemistry because you get the guys around to play very sporadically, so choosing established players is the preferred move for most managers until they screw it up for the NT or a newcomer rises through in the NT set up.

Riou

Mod Edit: don’t do this

Last edited by a moderator:

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom