• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gazidis Live Press Conference

KROENKE SUCKS

Sounds like they have no idea what they are doing. It almost seems like there was some sort off massive tiff between Wenger and the board behind the scenes and Wenger threw an ultimatum that if he didn't get his way he was leaving and the board called him out on it. Hence all of this sudden nonsense. Wenger resigns via a planned board statement instead of announcing it himself. Its all so strange.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Moshiri is a big fan of Wenger so maybe Everton?

or the France job post world cup?

I don’t think he’d ever manage another premier league club personally. Retirement is better than Everton too
I think he ends up in a board role .. who knows. Will be interesting

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Honestly think the Arsenal job is very attractive. I can't wait to see our summer. Hoping it's very bright with a lot more coaching staff and a fresh form of management. Really looking forward to the further changes behind the scenes.

Yeah of course it is, but it depends on who they are targeting, I imagine they have a candidate list of 1-3 managers who are realistically available, Chelsea need a manager I imagine and probably PSG as well, that could take up 2, what I'm trying to say is it wouldnt be very good if they havent even started looking and we end up with a 4th or 5th choice manager when an extra year of Wenger could have bought some time if required.

benjamin86

Established Member
Yeah of course it is, but it depends on who they are targeting, I imagine they have a candidate list of 1-3 managers who are realistically available, Chelsea need a manager I imagine and probably PSG as well, that could take up 2, what I'm trying to say is it wouldnt be very good if they havent even started looking and we end up with a 4th or 5th choice manager when an extra year of Wenger could have bought some time if required.
AFC possibly more attractive as we're more likely to back the manager long term than Chelsea or PSG and let them have a greater influence.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Luis Enrique, Brendan Rogers and Ancelotti - these are three managers that if hired I could see getting hassled out the job rather quickly if things dont go well.

As much as people wanted change I still think we have a percentage of fans who will kick up a fuss if 'their' guy isnt appointed and will only take a few bad games before they start breeding toxicity.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
AFC possibly more attractive as we're more likely to back the manager long term than Chelsea or PSG and let them have a greater influence.

I agree, but money is always a huge factor plus I imagine PSG will sell and back the CL dream to any candidate.

Chelsea no manager should touch with a barge pole but its still competition with us in the manager 'race', plus its hard to tell how Chelsea are viewed on the continent.. racist chavvy **** probably..

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

From what Gazidis said.

The likes of Arteta, Vieira and Henry could very well be in play.

In fact I’d make Arteta favourite now.

That's the way I read it. Going off his words I'm thinking someone left-field like that. Not one of your established managers like Ancelotti or Rodgers. I could get behind this as well.

benjamin86

Established Member
I agree, but money is always a huge factor plus I imagine PSG will sell and back the CL dream to any candidate.

Chelsea no manager should touch with a barge pole but its still competition with us in the manager 'race', plus its hard to tell how Chelsea are viewed on the continent.. racist chavvy **** probably..
Issue managers could have with PSG is some of the players like Neymar know they're more powerful and have the ears of the owners.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I'd hope not would be to strange.

Will be interesting to see what he wants to do, i could see him working at the FA as head of development or something of that ilk.
Giroud is already a Chelsea player, Cesc is there. Jack wants to stay in London....

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom