• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

German Football 2017/18

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Your hatred of Bayern is evident and that is alright. However, Unlike City and the other oil clubs, Bayern didn’t buy their status as a big club. They have built it over the years through their own local talent. Over the decades Bayern’s brand has been built by their own guys like Beckenbauer, Gerd Müller, Matthäus, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, etc. It is almost blasphemous to compare Bayern to Manchester City in footballing terms.

Try to read this article objectively and you’ll understand how Bayern have worked their way to where they are.
https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/...t-supported-club-in-world-football-467212.jsp

I end this discussion here.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Try to read this article objectively and you’ll understand how Bayern have worked their way to where they are.
https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/...t-supported-club-in-world-football-467212.jsp

Mate, I don't have to read some article about Bayern. I am a german football fan, I got the firsthand Bundesliga experience, I know my stuff.

And if you've actually cared to read through what I wrote, you would know I stated I know how Bayern operate, how their success and financial prowess came along, and that not only I, but most other fottball fans can respect that facette of this club - instead of posting a link to an article about exactly this.

My initial post was about how you wanted to know what Bayern detractors want them to do, implying you venerated Bayern and didn't understand why anyone would dislike them on the back of their financial status and winning mentality.

I answered with a lenghty post detailing that there's a host of reasons why Bayern are hated by lots of german fans, including me, yes, and that it's absolutely got nothing to do with their good financial department or detracts from their history - their still just ****s to most non-Bayern fans.

Then you completely misjudged me bringing City into this. I didn't compare Bayern to them in any way, it was more about Schalke and "how big a club is". I said that if your only devices of measurement are how many trophies a club has won and how much money they have in the bank, you should probably go and support City and you'll happily support a "big" club.

Guess I shouldn't have expected someone who's too lazy to read through what equals about a 1/2 page of text, to be able to comprehend what's being discussed.

Brown Gooner

Mate, I don't have to read some article about Bayern. I am a german football fan, I got the firsthand Bundesliga experience, I know my stuff.
Argumentum ad verecundiam. Sheer arrogance on your part to NOT even consider reading a well written article from the Bundesliga website. The article in itself is pretty objective but not from the prejudiced view of yours.

And if you've actually cared to read through what I wrote, you would know
I actually DID read your posts and the impression I got from all of it was..

understand why anyone would dislike them on the back of their financial status and winning mentality.
Precisely. Success breeds contempt. The more successful someone is the more he/she will be despised. The biggest reason I see other (German) fans hating on Bayern is because of their sustained success for decades now.

I answered with a lenghty post detailing that there's a host of reasons why Bayern are hated by lots of german fans, including me, yes, and that it's absolutely got nothing to do with their good financial department or detracts from their history - their still just ****s to most non-Bayern fans.
You just proved my point. You are a hater pure and simple. Haters gonna hate. And that’s fine.

Then you completely misjudged me bringing City into this. I didn't compare Bayern to them in any way, it was more about Schalke and "how big a club is". I said that if your only devices of measurement are how many trophies a club has won and how much money they have in the bank, you should probably go and support City and you'll happily support a "big" club.
City are not even worth mentioning in this conversation. City are NOT a big club. They don’t even have the trophies unlike Chelsea. City are a former yo-yo club who now has cash. No history, No large scale fan base and Not even enough trophies to show for the millions spent (although that could change this season). Man City are just Swansea City on steroids.

The three biggest clubs in England are United, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Guess I shouldn't have expected someone who's too lazy to read through what equals about a 1/2 page of text, to be able to comprehend what's being discussed.
Ah the typical ad hominem attack to conclude a super biased perspective. That’s that from me then, continuing this discussion with someone who has to rely on ad homs is beneath me.

Auf Wiedersehen!

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I’m gutted that Koln drew with Augsburg at home after the lead.

I hope this dropped 2 points won’t come back to haunt them as they needed to win.

Over all other than Bayern and Schalke every other game in the Bundesliga was a draw.

Brown Gooner

Bayern come back from two goals today and once again showed their champion mentality.

Dortmund are absolutely crap. Should’ve never sacked Tuchel. Ever since Koln got rid of Stoger they have been decent and Dortmund appoint that guy.

The BL top four race is gonna be lit this season.

Toby

Nagelsmann apparently in big trouble at Hoffenheim.
Failed in the CL qualification, out of the EL, out of the DFB Cup, only 3 wins in the last 16 games, dropped to 9th.

Now there's rumours he's lost the dressing room. Charges include openly flirting with other clubs (Bayern, Dortmund), having become arrogant, mishandling fringe and bench players, and too big of a mouth in public.

Will be very interesting to see how Germany's "child" prodigy manager handles his first proper crisis. It'll be an indication as to how good he really is: Is it top manager or the Bundesliga average?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Nagelsmann apparently in big trouble at Hoffenheim.
Failed in the CL qualification, out of the EL, out of the DFB Cup, only 3 wins in the last 16 games, dropped to 9th.

Now there's rumours he's lost the dressing room. Charges include openly flirting with other clubs (Bayern, Dortmund), having become arrogant, mishandling fringe and bench players, and too big of a mouth in public.

Will be very interesting to see how Germany's "child" prodigy manager handles his first proper crisis. It'll be an indication as to how good he really is: Is it top manager or the Bundesliga average?

He hasn't even managed 100 games yet. People have built him up far too quickly. These sorts of problems are to be expected from someone at the beginning of their career.

BobP

Memri Fan
Impossible to articulate how much I admire Freiburg and Streich.

Love the way they go about things.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Can anybody give an idea of how good Horn is as a sweeperkeeper? Besides his shot-stopping ability is he good on the ball? What about his passing and vision? Composure when being pressured?

Toby

He hasn't even managed 100 games yet. People have built him up far too quickly. These sorts of problems are to be expected from someone at the beginning of their career.

I agree. It'll be very interesting to see how he copes - still not 100% sold on him. Up to now, he's saved a team from relegation and got a top 4 result. Lots of guys have down that and are overall rather average managers.

Impossible to articulate how much I admire Freiburg and Streich.

Lovely little club, Freiburg, very admirable how they work.
For me, Streich is - along with Heynckes - the best Bundesliga manager, no doubt about it. Great man, great coach.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I agree. It'll be very interesting to see how he copes - still not 100% sold on him. Up to now, he's saved a team from relegation and got a top 4 result. Lots of guys have down that and are overall rather average managers.

What he's done so far has been impressive but I think any talk of him going to a big club right now is premature. He should stay at Hoffenheim and develop his skills there. There's far too much impatience in football now. I've heard people say they'd like Arteta as manager when the guy hasn't even managed a game yet.

It's the same for players too. We see a promising player and we want them to come to Arsenal straight away. But sometimes it's better to let them develop elsewhere first.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Fans are sometimes the same way with managers that they are with players. They're looking for the "next big thing." But sometimes the old thing is still better for the time being. And sometimes the next big thing isn't as big as people thought once the new car smell wears off.

Toby

What he's done so far has been impressive but I think any talk of him going to a big club right now is premature. He should stay at Hoffenheim and develop his skills there.

Right now it's not about "should" stay at Hoffenheim, but rather "can" he stay there. Last 10 league games: 3W 2D 5L. Out of the Cup against relegation battling Bremen.
In the next 5 fixtures they got Hertha, Schalke and Augsburg away, as well as Freiburg at home. Only Mainz at home seems rather easy. Tough games overall. If they keep on dropping points like in the last 10 to 15 games, guy won't end the season as Hoffenheim manager.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Batshuayi is starting up front for Dortmund today. I'd like to see him do well there. I think he can if a good run in the side gives him confidence.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Do the crowd know what's going on, do the players? Cos even the commentators didn't know that was ruled out.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom