• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Goran Pandev

Courier

GoonerGurjit said:
I'll be extremely surprised if we do sign Pandev. As those guys state on that Lazio forum our squad is packed with top class creative talent.

GG We finished nearly 30 points behind The Kremlin I dont know much about this guy but the compilation looks impressive and IMO to close that gap we need far more consistency and goals in particular away from home. Rosicky is a signing in the right direction, but we must not get carried away with our CL run and while we have some top quality in our squad it is in no way enough that is why we finished 4th.

Artillero

From VEST newspaper: HE WON't GO TO ARSENAL!

"After the signing of Rosicky it is very unlikly that i will go to Arsenal he says. I don't want to be a replacement and sit on the bench. The rumors about Arsenal were truth and the amount was real".

Jefo'o

Id rather have torres than pandev to be honest. But iv heard hes a bit of a ****, the last thing we want is for some cocky spanish lad coming in and stirring up our little superstar cesc.

Soler

Established Member
Artillero said:
From VEST newspaper: HE WON't GO TO ARSENAL!

"After the signing of Rosicky it is very unlikly that i will go to Arsenal he says. I don't want to be a replacement and sit on the bench. The rumors about Arsenal were truth and the amount was real".

And now I'll close it.

Mostarac

Established Member
Lazio`s highly-rated Goran Pandev wants to play for us.

I do not know what to feel about this to be honest, he is a very good player when he is in form though, but he is still developing with Lazio, and has been very inconsistent(if not awful at times) so far this season in Serie A. His main strenghts are his technical abilities, his speed and above all his versatility. He can play in most positions up front, can play as a wing or a fantasista too. His main weaknesses is that he is maybe not too strong physically yet, and as mentioned he can be very inconsistent. Without a doubt Macedonia`s best player since the great Darko Pancev. If he came to Arsenal now, I do not think that he would play regularly for us.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_ ... oct6h.html

N!

he's a striker, so i doubt that Wenger would go for him as we seem to be so well covered there at the moment.

AFCG7

Established Member
Darko Pancev .. what a great name hehe.. didnt he also play a few games for the old Yugoslavia?

BeijingGunner

From what I've seen of him, I think he should stay with Lazio. Lazio are rebuilding, and have signed some very promising players, like Makinwa. Pandev doesn't seem to be world class, yet. He should ride the momentum Lazio might build, and then move on in a few years, if he really becomes hot property. To move now and be a benchwarmer seems to make no sense. We have Rosicky, Hleb, Fabregas to create from midfield and marshall the wings, as well as Walcott and Fred. Pandev would be surplus right now

Mostarac

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
Darko Pancev .. what a great name hehe.. didnt he also play a few games for the old Yugoslavia?

He played for Yugoslavia in the World Cup in 1990 I think, too bad he was one of the worst strikers in Inter`s history after he went there :wink: .

AFCG7

Established Member
True!.. he was a flop at Inter .. still a good player though.. i did a web search on him just now and its good to see he finally received his Golden Boot this year.

stuart

Established Member
i want to play for arsenal! so can i get a thread on me were everyone can pretend to know stuff about me? except mostarac he knows everything about european football it would seem! but in all honestly it means nothing unless arsenal say so!

Nutsy

Established Member
Seen this guy play, can't say he's bad, he is quite good. but i doubt that AW will buy him since again, it's clearly OBVIOUS we don't need another striker. btw polar87, ofcourse it's getting common, we're actually in the Premiership the only club who plays the best football; although i'd stretch out the whole europe. ;)

Nutsy

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct7b.html

he slams rumours that he is going to join. says it all really

I guess it's just pure speculation. now that the guy is denying his claims. just as well, we don't really need him.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom