• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Just because you are a good leader doesn’t mean you should be captain. The manager actually has to be good and at the very least dependable at the job. The captain is somewhat the face of the club and the link from the manager to the players.

Xhaka is petulant, error prone, erratic and clumsy but he has balls. He’s willing to move the play forward. I don’t what it is but there’s clearly something managers like about him. I think he must be an asset to the club outside the pitch and it’s pretty obvious that he won’t be going any time soon. So we need to find a compromise. We need him to feature less in the team but keep his “leadership skills”, we should treat him like Cahill or Arteta. Slowly phase him out of the team but keep him around for support.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Just compare him to Fabinho, etc and you'll see our exceptation are very low. We are Arsenal, we're supposed to be one of the biggest club in the world. We used to have guys such as Viera, Gilbero Silva, Petit, even Song was good for us. You know what, For me he didn't even reach Coquelin's level when cazorla was there. That makes me sick to think that guy is gonna be our captain. There is a ton of DM better than him. A ton.
Quality posting mate.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Xhska is an obviously talented player but with limitations. Xhaka has been far superior than Song though.

JoaoFelix

Why do you think Barca bought him? Because he was one of the best player in the league. Dare to say Xhaka is on his level. Prime song was smething else. Song was way more creative than Xhaka, more athletic, better defensively, more composed on the ball. He was better than him at everything.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Why do you think Barca bought him? Because he was one of the best player in the league. Dare to say Xhaka is on his level. Prime song was smething else. Song was way more creative than Xhaka, more athletic, better defensively, more composed on the ball. He was better than him at everything.

Don't think you have to hate Xhaka to agree on Song being better at his best. Song was an absolute baller at his prime here - just a bit pissed that he moved immediately after becoming a bigger player, but he payed the price by wanting too much too soon.

Song had it all actually. Pretty good allrounder. He had great passing ability, vision etc, but most importantly for me he was great at protecting the ball as well as putting a defensive shift in.

Was kind of a poor man's Martinez as he's also been great as a CB option. And that's a big compliment.

Peak Song walks in our team.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Song far superior.

Of the last twenty years of our starting midfielders Xhaka would probably rank near the bottom of a list.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I think a lot AM members got to get used to sights like this in upcoming season

952735794-manchester-united-v-arsenal-premier-league.jpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom