• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Green Street

JML

arsenalfan2005 said:
Haven't seen any of these movies. Wouldn't want to either cos it has no Arsenal in it. :D
No, but both have scenes of Tottenham supporters getting the piss knocked out of them.

That's always good.

Tegh

Established Member
lol, the opening scene of Green Street has the 'leader' of the Sp**s firm having his face thrown through a phonebox.

velimir85

Heh, I just wanted to open up a topic, and then I saw an existing one. Seen the film the other day, and it's good. Damn good. I mean, people might not like the violence, but it's football hooliganism. Can't really portrait that with people drinking tea or chatting in their flats.

Anyway, except for Frodo playing the hooligan, rest of it seems pretty realistic, and the plot is interesting. Of course, I would like it more if it was about Arsenal, but I don't generally have anything against West Ham, so it was ok. Anyway, I thought that West Ham crew was ICF- Inter City Firm, and not these GSE people? Is this for real, or made up, like in the ID movie?

i watched in on dvd and changed the settings so that it was dubbed in english, reminded me a bit ofthe quality dubbing in monkey!! but the actual film was good.

49erz

green street is rubbish they had an ok story line but wrecked it with those rubbish actors

moriconi

just got realesed in australia, if it wasn't for elijah wood it may have been better than football factory.

awsome movie

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Football factory is more of a European movie I think while Green Street is a good movie thou but a Hollywood movie if you get my drift. Love Tommys spoeach at the end watch rugby NFW

fabtastic

yh i see what you mean yeahbee!
im not sure which is the better mive though, both got good qualities in each of them!!

Aussie

Established Member
Saw it again. Some of its cringeworthy!

But I like seeing people gettting the **** kicked out of them every now and then.

Out of five I would probs give it a 3.5.

GoonerYank

JML said:
I downloaded Football Factory and GSH last night.

I thought GSH was better. Probably because I couldn't understand 1/2 the s**t they were saying in Football Factory.

Seriously. I had to watch them both with the subtitles on. I kept having to rewind at the end of each sentence.

What a load of **** Green Street is. "Stand your ground and fight"...what a mug. Eliah is well out of place.

Football Factory pisses all over it IMO.

Zieen

A bit unexpected for me to see so much support for these films here. A local friend (over here in the mid-usa) is a big time Man U fan and spend a lot of time at the 'Red Cafe' or something like that. Apparently its a different story over there. It got a lot of negative feedback, but for different reasons. A good share of the Red Cafe members seem very adamant in their disapproval of hooliganism; dismissing these films without hesitation.

I'm curious then as to why the different tone here. Is hooliganism a non-issue for the majority of members on this board? Are most of the posters in this thread from the States? Or is it just a coincidence that a Green Street thread found so much opposition?

And for the record, I myself am a fan of Green Street Hooligans because it isn't an issue in the States. I'll have to check out Football Factory. I've heard of it, but never had an opportunity to watch it.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom