• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gunners at the Euros

Which Arsenal player will perform best at the Euros?

• Hector Bellerin

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Mesut Özil

Votes: 33 39.8%
  • Olivier Giroud

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Laurent Koscielny

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Petr Cech

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Granit Xhaka

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Wojciech Szczesny

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Wilshere

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Aaron Ramsey

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Giroud, Xhaka and Kos have done well. Ramsey was poor and Wilshere didn't have enough time to make an impact.I'm looking forward to seeing Özil. Same for Bellerin-if he gets a game.

General

Established Member
I think it is now clear Chris Coleman will not allow big names to derail Wales' charge. Ramsey was average and if he was in an Arsenal shirt today he probably would've lasted the whole game. His limited technique was badly exposed at times and once again he likes to take one too many touches. He even had the chance to put the game to bed after Bale laid it on for him but typically decided to go on one of his pointless dribbles and completely messed up the chance. It looked like Bale was livid with him.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Ramsey played really well for Wales today, still should have done better with that chance though, too indecisive. Pleased with the performances of our players so far.
:confused: - don't want to get all nuclear on the guy but from what I saw he was hopeless....

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
That sounds like espn commentators of opening game yesterday.
Dont remember who was it, but he kept going on and on how Giroud needs 3 chances to score a goal. Was 'pissed' when he missed his first 2. At the same time he praised Griezman like crazy even tho he missed same amount of chances like Oli did (who scored).
And then gets confused why AG is subed...

Commentators should be neutral, cause 80% of the time they talk so much **** and give you so many wrong informations...

People, as stupid as we are, listen to it, remember it, and then they share it as their opinion in bars, at work, on internet...

Off topic, right

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Rambo showed his best and worst for Wales IMO. His movement off the ball was top class, found himself in great positions and gave the opposition hell when pressing. But he kept clinging onto the ball for a second or two too long, his first touch was iffy and he was indecisive.

It's so frustrating. If he can just iron out his kinks he'd be some midfielder, as we saw a couple of years back. He needs a stern 10 minute headlock, with someone shouting the phrase KEEP IT SIMPLE.

Elsewhere..

-Wilsh looked bright when he came on for England. Assisted an offside goal. His burst is back, the way he dribbles, drool worthy. Hope he starts against Wales.
-Szczesny got a clean sheet for Poland and was actually outstanding. Very good commanding performance.
-Özil did what Özil does, made a pinpoint pass from a break look easy. Beautiful assist.

Hopefully Bellerin starts and performs well for Spain tomorrow, hope Cech and Rozza do well too.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
Cech was fantastic, could do nothing about Pique's goal from point blank.

Juanfran started at RB over Bellerin.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

All of our players have been great. Thank **** Morata and Lukaku aren't Arsenal players because they'd seriously drag the average standard of the performances of our players so far.

All of our players have been great. Thank **** Morata and Lukaku aren't Arsenal players because they'd seriously drag the average standard of the performances of our players so far.

If Morata and Lukaku were our players by now. After watching them yesterday I would be done with the tournament for good.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Pretty sure RVP had a very bad WC in South Africa in 2010 (only scored once in 7 WC games and none in the WC qualifiers leading up to it), but the following year he had a insane year for us just before the boy inside wanted out.

Top top players do it for club and country yes but to write off players for one tournament, let alone one game in of a tournament, seems silly.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
Seeing how Morata and Lukaku played is nothing new, come on guys.

Morata isn't a very clinical player, extremely talented yes, clinical no. He takes a lot of touches and isn't someone who plays on the shoulder. For that reason some would say he's perfect for us, but others would prefer more of a poacher. His ability is there for all to see but his finishing needs to improve, Dybala's clinicality is what kept him ahead of Morata in the Juventus pecking order.

Lukaku relies a lot on his physicality. His movement isn't particularly great. A lot of his goals come from a clever dribble or brute strength, that's how he plays. Against Italy Belgium just needed a man to run in behind but Lukaku wasn't capable- on top of that his first touch is genuinely quite poor. But Lukaku is a proven goal scorer, internationally and in the Premier League. It's just when he's bad he looks awful, not too dissimilar from a certain handsome Frenchman.

Cousin621

Right. And I dont see that change soon.
Still, don't care. Wenger underatands him, enough for me. Top player
I'm 'shoked' too and believe me I DO 'understand' him! Drugs aren't the answer to your probs Maradon/ArsenalLover. Ramsey is consumate at being a bog-ordinary, sefish, deluded, dumb, embarassing, glory-hunting (at the team's expense) waste of space & def not worthy of a 1st team place at our club! Most people with any decent football knowledge would have campbell in front of him. Just watching khedira the other day fulfill thr b2b role in such a balanced way reminded me how useless 'rambo' has become.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom