Hector Bellerin: The B's Knee

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Big Poppa, Mar 5, 2016.

1. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

Let's be honest we need a new RB regardless if Bellerin is fit for next season or not, we've needed competition for him for years.

Harz, Mark Tobias and Tir Na Nog like this.
  2. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Lad only seems to play when there is competition and even then I'd argue we could do better.

3. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

Who would you target? I can only think of Wan-Bissaka currently and he still has to develop the attacking side of his game. With the current state of the squad it is hard to justify spending in excess of €40m to upgrade on Bellerin.

I've been critical of Bellerin, but I thought his development under Emery was very positive. I think his injury has been one of the major reasons our play has degressed over the course of the season.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  4. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

True, I wouldn't put it as a priority but with Lich leaving I'd say Wan-Bissaka would be a great understudy and that position would be filled for years to come.

5. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

6. DanDare

DanDare Spreading positive vibes

Protect Hector at all costs

7. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

Palace rejected 40m from United. He firstly will cost in excess of 50m. Also he will be nobody's understudy. He is better than Bellerin and shows much highly defensive abilities which is what a defender should show first and foremost. Not making lung busting runs just to get hit on counter attack.

8. tap-in

tap-in :-)

FFS, he's become a cleaning lady on the side!

Ricardinho and Toby Andrl like this.
  9. kraphtous

kraphtous Unai Enemy

Bellerin is one of the players I wouldn’t mind selling to raise some money. If only he was fit, Juve might have looked at him after selling Cancelo.

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  10. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

I was hoping Barca would buy him one day for like 50 million.

Tourbillion likes this.
  11. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Any update on his recovery? I expect him out longer but would be a nice boost if he's ready to start new season.

12. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

One of our few assets that could raise good money.

13. Harz

Harz Well-Known Member

We need someone who can really challenge his starting spot and provide cover when he's injured, someone of the Kevin Mbabu sort.

14. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Iirc, already gone to Wolfsburg.

Harz likes this.
  15. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Damn, he could have been the next Sagna if we sunbathed him long enough after signing him.

16. GDeep™

GDeep™ Unbannable

Our next captain.

17. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Phallus Obsessed

Not my first or second choice, but i would be okay with it.

18. GDeep™

GDeep™ Unbannable

Who would be your first choice?

You’re going to say Laca.

19. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Phallus Obsessed

No, i don't like strikers as captains. My first choice is Granit Xhaka if he is still here come August, otherwise i would actually give it to Rob Holding when he returns. But the more i think about it, Hector is a good shout actually.

20. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

We honestly don't have anyone capable of being captain. Xhaka the best of a bad bunch imo.