• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hirving Lozano

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Lozano is the top dog in a fairly large pond. So who is the real boss, the dog or a fish?
200w.gif

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We missed signing him in January we could get more cheap no surprise now PSV asking 40-50M euros.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Reminds me of Suarez at the 2010 World Cup, very raw and a bit inconsistent but you can tell he’s a top level talent with some of his play.
Yeah, but Suarez scored like 50 goals that season. I don't even track players and I knew of him and what he was doing for Ajax. I was willing to give up my first and second born child to get him back then.

PS I don't have any kids yet so they're still available for the right player.

Crocrodile

He is almost a mirror image of Alexis with less tenacity, the same dependency on his right peg which is even a tad more noticeable, he has a weaker shot on him and less skill with all his negative habits toned down a bit, not as flamboyant of a personality and younger + more coachable.

If we are buying from the Dutch League, the winger we should go for is David Neres from Ajax. He hasn't yet played for the NT so his price shouldn't be as high looking at the Kluivert deal, he 's a lefty but can use his right as well, incredible dribbler, fast and Brazillian, this Arsenal team needs flair in the starting lineup and someone who can not only take on a man, but get past him in a hurry in a variety of ways.

He is almost a mirror image of Alexis with less tenacity, the same dependency on his right peg which is even a tad more noticeable, he has a weaker shot on him and less skill with all his negative habits toned down a bit, not as flamboyant of a personality and younger + more coachable.

If we are buying from the Dutch League, the winger we should go for is David Neres from Ajax. He hasn't yet played for the NT so his price shouldn't be as high looking at the Kluivert deal, he 's a lefty but can use his right as well, incredible dribbler, fast and Brazillian, this Arsenal team needs flair in the starting lineup and someone who can not only take on a man, but get past him in a hurry in a variety of ways.
I follow Ajax as well as Arsenal and I really can't see them letting Neres go the same summer as Kluivert and Younes. Ajax maybe a selling club but they sell a couple of players, replace them and then move ahead for the season. It's not like Monaco we're half the squad gets sold off the back of a brilliant season. Ziyech is also Roma bound so really can't see them selling Neres too, even though I think he is potentially better than Lozano.

Mastercutor

Was a thought I had as well, but Lozano is perhaps a little more versatile and can play on both wings as well as through the middle if needed. Who's got the higher ceiling of the two is hard to say.

Also wondering why we're not longer in the race for Malcolm, if it was his attitude that made us look elsewhere. Looks like he's heading to Inter for a rumoured loan fee of €10 millions with an option to buy for around €25 millions a year later. But we should have been all over that in my opinion.

tcahill

We need someone with his directness. 40 mill might be a bit steep but it's the current market rate for a young and clearly talented winger. Having at least 3 creative players forward is all well and good but we need that willingness to run at defenders and the attacking movement to compliment the creativity. Otherwise Özil, Mhki, Xhaka and the fullbacks just end up passing sideways to each other.

Lozano still looks raw but judging from the world cup and the 1-2 Dutch league games I've seen him play in (not a huge sample size I admit), I reckon he'd improve this team immensely. Would definitely rather him than buying a second CB.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't see similarities between him and Alexis at all. Lozano and Pavon are more like Walcott. They are fast runners off the ball who can finish. They are not dribblers and they are not powerful enough to run through players. They would hardly get involved in the build up and need space on the counter to work with. Alexis is a creator, dribbler and a goal scorer. Lozano is barely one of those three. Pavon isn't even that good of a finisher.

We need either an elite dribbler who can score goals, e.g. Mahrez or an elite physical player with less dribbling but blistering pace who can finish, e.g. Mane or Salah.

All of that being said. We may not even want a wide player. If we plan on pushing our full backs up and play with interior playmakers and two forwards then we don't even need to buy one.

Wryer

I think the efficiency of our attack can only be truly unlocked when we have a player who can beat a defender 1-1. Don't really care if it's through pace/power or dribbling skills.

The spaces that opens up.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom