• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

how long can we stay unbeaten

vin de guerre

I believe it is not in the Psyche nor in the interest of any at Arsenal to gloat on being unbeaten. It is at the end of the day a rather hollow achievement if you dont bring the goodies back home at the money end of the season. Secondly by focusing on being unbeaten can be a very negative element when preparing for games, creating unneeded pressures which eventually lead to a self fulfilling prophecy ie., you lose.
I would be a lot happier if we went out and tried to win all our games. If by any chance we end up champions no matter beaten or unbeaten, most of us will be over the moon. :wink:

leongsh

Does not matter if Arsenal go unbeaten in the English Premier League throughout this season. Most importantly, Arsenal are crowned EPL Champions. That is the target. The unbeaten throughout the season is a very nice record to have but being EPL Champions is even better.

zerofeel

We probably can stay unbeaten until the day when Manure comes visit us at highbury...tat is when all the referees and all the media moguls will do anything to let Man u win...but i think our team has matured so much that it will take opposing team more than just guts to beat us....a fortress of strength and resolute we have become...ONWARD ARSENAL!!!!! :p

rachael-8

i think we can go all season unbeaten,we've played everytime in the premiership so far and not lost so why not?
however,i think we have to convert the draws against the likes of pompey,leicester,bolton in to wins which i belive we can do

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
IF Arsenal stay unbeaten this season, big if I know, they WILL win the League, have no doubt. Remember 1991? We stayed unbeaten till game 23 I think and Chelsea away. We didn't lose another game and won the title, but Liverpool only cracked with 2 games left. It may take some time, but it will be ours again, oh yes...

zerofeel

we will stay unbeaten until we meet Manure again at OLD TRAFFORD where probably the daft referee and his assistants will try everything 'legit' to help man u win...then there will be more fracas where one of our respected players will get into trouble with the referee and get suspensions that are totally biased n RUUD van Diver will escape with a smirk on his face again... but lets hope Arsenal can get a win n add insult to MANURE....will RIO FERDINAND be playing???he probably will ....the FA sucks!! :evil:

The Mini

henry_14 said:
If no striker arrives in JANUARY then we have no chance .

That's a bit harsh, we haven't bought a striker for the first half of the season and we've survived. I admit a striker would strengthen our squad but we have much more than a chance without one.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
If we are to lose a match ..let's get it over with. This unbeaten streak is a side issue which is putting us off our title chances.

Man U and Cheslki have both lost games and are either above us or only 3 points behind.

If we don't lose we will be hailed as big heads that need bringing down a peg or two by the media. Then again we were never the medias darling.

A loss mya help us focus, then again if we WIN all our games from now we will be truly 1.Champions 2.Lucky f***ers 3.living in Farciland.

Forget this issue it's for the red top rags.

The Mini

If we need to lose a game to help us focus, then we want to lose about nowish, too late will harm our chances at the league both mentally and points wise.

johe

I really think our drawing lately has been a wake up call for the players, and they really brought themselves together for the Southampton game. We've been scoring very little lately, and that makes us more prone to drawing.

I do think we'll lose at some point. It'll frankly be embarresing to go unbeaten and not win the league.

Gunner4life09

I agree with johe, it would be pretty embarresing to go unbeaten throught the season and don't win the leauge :eek:ops: , we can draw while man utd and chealsea lose some but win more.

Corny

henry_14 said:
If no striker arrives in JANUARY then we have no chance .

With Pires and Ljungberg weighing in that might not be a problem. However who would you target if you were Arsenal manager?

Personally I'd say Kluivert. He's got the talent and is a proven world class player. Just needs a fresh start and there's no one better at doing that for players than Wenger as he did for Overmars for example.

And at £1.2m we could offer him a decent signing on fee to afford his wages. Worth a gamble given his talent, he's someone who'll score from crosses and give us a new string to our bow. Further if Bergkamp and Wiltord go we'll need some experience up front, especially when we need to rest Henry to play say Alaidiere.

champs

wiltord11 said:
i can see man united going through there bad patch and soon and chelsea slipping up at the last hurdle i think it will be out of man united and arsenal for the title i just think we will be so focused on winning the title back that we will win it

we have already had our bad patch, if you dont know we have already lost 3 games, everyone knows that at this part of the season man utd start playing to their true potential
chelsea recently havent been doing too well, they have dropped points
there is only arsenal out of the top 3 who havent had their bad patch & everyone knows that a team has a bad patch in a season, ours is hopefully out of the way & i would rather it be at the beginning of the season
just look at this time last season, we hit full gear, the pressure got to arsenal and they bottled it, im pretty sure the same thing is gonna happen again

JazzG

Established Member
champs said:
just look at this time last season, we hit full gear, the pressure got to arsenal and they bottled it, im pretty sure the same thing is gonna happen again

We didn't 'bottle' it, we lost our key players at key times. Just didn't have the squad to cope.

Arsenal usually finish quite strong, in previous years that has been the case. If we can stay away from injuries this season I think we will finish strong again.

Soler

Established Member
We had a bad patch when we drew against Bolton, Fulham and Leicester. You don't necessarily have to lose to have a bad patch.

champs

JazzG said:
champs said:

We didn't 'bottle' it, we lost our key players at key times. Just didn't have the squad to cope.

fair do's, but last season we had about 8 players out who needed operations & we still managed to win games, like i said in another post i think arsenal's thin squad will be a major factor this season, if all of your 1st team players stay fit then you will be there or there abouts in may
however, if arsenal do have players out injured then i think you will be in trouble, sure you have some good young players who could step in but for the title run you need proven top quality players

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Bollocks!

What did Alan Hansen say?

"Yo win nothing with kids".

And who was he talking about?

Well blow me down if it wasn't the Manure kindergarden circa 1993!

Well, our kindergarden is now bigger & better than yours! So there!

JazzG

Established Member
At the start you kept in touch with your injured players. When they came back then your form picked up.

In the 2nd half of last season you picked up 48 out of 57 points which is championship form. We picked up 39, so you picked up 9 more than us. You finished 5 points ahead so at the half way stage you were trailing us by 4 points.

However many are saying we can't finish that strong. In our double season we picked up 51 out 57 points, that to my knowledge has never been matched by even man utd so we do have the capabilities to finish strong.

Will be an interesting finish, whichever team can keep their players fit will probably win it. If both do keep em fit it will be one hell of a tight finish and might come down to the match at Highbury to decide who takes it.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom