• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ilaix Moriba

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
You said every club in Europe would sign him!
If there was a demand for him, the bidding war would mean he would go for more than £15-20 million.
No, because he's an 18 year old with very little first team experience who is publicly out of contract in one year and not signing an extension.

That does not change the fact there is obviously a very high demand for what is one of the best CM prospects in Europe.

Anyways, I can tell you are arguing just for the sake of it. Enjoy.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
According to reports from Barcelona they rejected 8M euros from Leipzig. Barca are still holding out for 15M euros.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
No, because he's an 18 year old with very little first team experience who is publicly out of contract in one year and not signing an extension.

That does not change the fact there is obviously a very high demand for what is one of the best CM prospects in Europe.

1 piece of advise, don't bother with that leicester outcast. He's been banned on their forums so he's now on rival forums to troll. Probably has an account on the Spuds forum too comparing their trophy cabinets

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
If only, less money and we wouldn't be buying f*cking Ramsdale.

Looks to me like you can't afford the top wages, hence you're signing from relegated clubs, or sides who finished 16th last year.

That's why Martinez left too, he wanted first team football, and Arsenal weren't prepared to give him the game time or wage for that.

ProspectFox

Too full of himself

Leipzig have offered £8 million....Just Leipzig!

Where are the offers from Man City/PSG/Man United?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
As expected look like his agents trying to take advantage of his talents they acting like Raiola

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Jokes aside, I just can't see this happening if the salary demands are as high as reported. But if he agrees something around £80k or less - and he's as good as people think - then bringing him to fight for a place alongside Lokonga and Xhaka would be great. We'll be short on numbers when Torreira and AMN are moved on.

ChefMan21

The few tens of thousands of pounds each week over and above what we want to pay seems to me to be the opportunity cost - he has the potential to be a £50m+ player in a few short years, so really, what's that even matter?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
The few tens of thousands of pounds each week over and above what we want to pay seems to me to be the opportunity cost - he has the potential to be a £50m+ player in a few short years, so really, what's that even matter?
Wages are never an exact science but I think you have to fit new signings in with the wage structure of similar existing players otherwise your brewing trouble - either in future contract negotiations or squad harmony.

£115k would be what, our 4th highest paid player? That would be for a guy who has played 500 top league minutes. Of course it could work out, but what has he achieved yet to deserve more than ESR, Tierney, Pepe, Ødegaard etc?

I don't think the extra wages would be a problem for Arsenal as such, it's more the impact on our overall wage structure.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Wages are never an exact science but I think you have to fit new signings in with the wage structure of similar existing players otherwise your brewing trouble - either in future contract negotiations or squad harmony.

£115k would be what, our 4th highest paid player? That would be for a guy who has played 500 top league minutes. Of course it could work out, but what has he achieved yet to deserve more than ESR, Tierney, Pepe, Ødegaard etc?

I don't think the extra wages would be a problem for Arsenal as such, it's more the impact on our overall wage structure.
The £115k is a bit of a lost in translation situation, though. He reportedly demanded €5-6m or £4.3-5.1m annually, which would translate to roughly £80-100k/week.

There are also reports that he wants €3m, and that Chelsea/City would be willing to offer €6m, which would half his demands: Revealed: what salary Ilaix Moriba is asking for — Pedri and 4 others earn less

Currently he earns about €15k/week.

But yeah, I agree that offering him around £100k would be horrible for the wage structure. Our current talents and back-ups are already on too high wages. Reiss Nelson, for instance is reportedly on either £30k or £50k week.

I think Saka's signed his improved contract last year and is on about £30k, for instance.

I think if we could get him with an offer of £50k, it wouldn't mess the structure too much, but more will cause some dressing room concerns possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom