• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Italian Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammer

Established Member
Good to see you back Mostarac.

It was kind of strange playing two italian teams in pre-season and not getting any info/input from you.

What´s that new avatar of yours?

Mostarac

Established Member
Sammer said:
Good to see you back Mostarac.
It was kind of strange playing two italian teams in pre-season and not getting any info/input from you.
What´s that new avatar of yours?

Thanks, Sammer. I had very limited access to Internet during my summer holiday, but I had the opportunity to watch our matches against PSG, Inter and Lazio though. To be honest, I do not remember where I found this avatar or what it is about since I found it somewhere in early June :wink: .

Jameel46

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Yup, and Juve sneaked a late draw at Sunderland and Inter got thumped 3-0 at Villa. West Ham came from behind to beat Roma 2-1.

Lazio also lost to Atletico 3-1, with Reyes getting a goal and an assist. not a great day for Italian teams, would have thought Juve would come out of Serie B as serious contenders for next season but now i'm not too sure, the lack of top level football seems to have done them some damage.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
nice wun mos!! anyway i want to go croatia next year, nice country indeed , all the people i know, have been islands near spain and in spain, america , italy and all that
anyway where in croatia did you go, and how was it regarding weather and anything else?
cheers

Mostarac

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
nice wun mos!! anyway i want to go croatia next year, nice country indeed , all the people i know, have been islands near spain and in spain, america , italy and all that
anyway where in croatia did you go, and how was it regarding weather and anything else?
cheers

I was in Makarska, mate. The Riviera of Makarska is pretty beautiful and personally I prefer it more compared to the rivieras towards north shore of the Adriatic Sea. I also prefer because its close to Bosnia and Mostar where I spend most of my time in the summer. The weather there is almost guaranteed sunny every day. The prices for foreign people with their standards are cheap.

Alfonso

Established Member
The boss is back, welcome back boss!

I saw David Suazo play live the other week( I went to Arsenal Inter) and he has unbelivable pace like you said all those months ago. Also, had my chance to boo your boy Matterazzi- money definately well spent there! :wink:

Rekon the league is between one of the Milan teams then? I cant see Juve or one of the Rome teams really challenging in all honesty. Milan said they want to win everything this season, most importantly the World Club Cup(which is bit of an odd statement considering). But I guess they want to be recognised as the best team in the world (literally).

illmatik

Established Member
Alfonso said:

I saw David Suazo play live the other week( I went to Arsenal Inter) and he has unbelivable pace like you said all those months ago. Also, had my chance to boo your boy Matterazzi- money definately well spent there! :wink:

Rekon the league is between one of the Milan teams then? I cant see Juve or one of the Rome teams really challenging in all honesty. Milan said they want to win everything this season, most importantly the World Club Cup(which is bit of an odd statement considering). But I guess they want to be recognised as the best team in the world (literally).

Maybe cause the South American teams always win it, upsetting the favorites

Mostarac

Established Member
Alfonso said:

Thanks, mate. Suazo impressed me the most against Manchester United and looks like a real good signing for Inter. I believe he has 20 league goals in him this season if he gets to play regularly. I thought the booing of Matrix was quite funny actually, had to laugh when he tackled our Eboue down by by the corner line and when the referee gave us the free-kick, Matrix was about to walk out of the match in protest against the referee :p . I think too Inter and Milan will fight it out for the Lo Scudetto this season, teams such as Roma, Juventus and Fiorentina will have to make do with 3rd and 4th place. Look out for Palermo too in there, they have made a few good transfers this summer. Milan should be even more exciting to watch now that Ronaldo can play in all competitions, and of course can`t wait to see what young Pato can do, the kid has better technique than Cristiano Ronaldo. One thing is sure, when Milan pay €20 million for a 17 year old kid from Brazil, they expect a lot from him then.

Mostarac

Established Member
illmatik said:
Mos, does it suprise you that Juve haven't really had a significant spending spree this summer?

Not really to be honest. Its obvious that them losing really a lot of money from Tamoil and NIKE when they got relegated has hindered them atleast partially in the transfer market this season. They have had to get in lesser known but solid players such as Almiron, Iaquinta and Salihamidzic. Their only "high-class" transfers this summer have been Andrade and Tiago. Juventus will need about 2 more seasons to get back to where they were.

illmatik

Established Member
I thought that as soon as they were officially promoted, the cash would have been dropped majorly, as I remember reading somewhere that they were looking to spend up to 70 million pounds this summer, but I agree with you, they are going to need a couple of years to achieve that status they once had

Mr Wolf

Lazio have drawn 1-1 with Dinamo Bucarest in the Champions League round 3 tie 1. The biancocelesti played not bad but were very, very unlucky: the two central defenders (Stendardo and Cribari) got injured and were substituted by the right and the left back (Scaloni and Zauri); Rocchi missed a penalty; two players were sent off (Behrami, so silly to seem a romanista in disguise, and Mutarelli). Scaloni and Zauri were substituted. as right and left back, by De Silvestri and Kolarov, who played both very well. The second tie will be very difficult but I would say that it's still up for grabs.......

Mostarac

Established Member
I think the favourites to advance now are clearly Dinamo. I hope I am wrong, but I think Dinamo will advance.

Mr Wolf

Some pics of the Cagliari pre-season camp in Monteortone.

The promising striker Robert Acquafresca....
img2647eu1.jpg

The former Sampdoria midfielder, Andrea Parola.
img2649ln7.jpg

Tactician session....
img2652pp0.jpg

The new striker Joaquin Larrivey, with the Invincibles' shirt that we use as our five-a-side team kit....
img2654di5.jpg

The best Caglairi player, the right winger, ex Lazio, Pasquale Foggia.....
img2653uw2.jpg

Coach Marco Giampaolo, maestro in tacticians and one of the best young manager in Italy with Delio Rossi, Spalletti, and Mazzarri.
img2646kb3.jpg

Nutsy

Established Member
Brilliant Photos there MR.Wolf. Brilliant indeed.

Quite the busy day at the Serie A eh, and they have not started their games yet. Incidentally, when exactly is the start of The Italian Serie A 2007/2008 season?

I can't wait for it to start to be honest. there's a lot of interesting prospect from this Serie A, I'm fighting my arse off to get some decent Live Games here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom