• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Perisic

Is Perisic too old?

• Total voters

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Really? I would be delighted if we pulled this off. Can't see why fans wouldn't be. It's a great player in here and now and then we buy him in the summerfor a fee he would probably fetch in An open market anyway. What's sad about that? There doesn't seem to be a way to win with some people on here. Young talent that isn't already top class is classed as underwhelming and anyone over 29 is classed as past it. Get it done, look for a cb we can loan is what I say.
It's sad because Perisic is a mediocre player who has contributed for Inter this season less than the 22 year old Iwobi has for us.

But this is Arsenal now, we seem to love playing mediocre players in the first team these days.

Leeroy1979

We are all entitled to an opinion on players but in my opinion I would disagree with describing perisic as a mediocre player. Not saying anyone is wrong just stating my opinion. Hell I thought diaby was going to be the next viera so what do I know

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
We are all entitled to an opinion on players but in my opinion I would disagree with describing perisic as a mediocre player. Not saying anyone is wrong just stating my opinion. Hell I thought diaby was going to be the next viera so what do I know

Nobody knows. He never got a chance to show, due to injuries.

HBL

Established Member
I can't see this happening but if it did, I like Perisic. I'd definitely prefer someone younger but he is a good player.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Some of you guys would have been great 60s radicals.

Don%252527t%252520trust%252520anyone%252520over%25252030%25252C%252520Jack%252520Weinberg%25255B5%25255D.png

HBL

Established Member
Some of you guys would have been great 60s radicals.

Don%252527t%252520trust%252520anyone%252520over%25252030%25252C%252520Jack%252520Weinberg%25255B5%25255D.png
I'm usually not bothered by age but I do think given the current age profile of our attackers we should try for someone younger. If we can get Perisic on a decent fee/wage, I'd definitely take him.

blaise

Exciting rumour if true. Perisic if you give him space can be the match winner. He is the ultimate opposite of Iwobi. Lately he s been off his game, could be about not being able to go to United or him regressing. Definetly worth a punt on loan, but tricky with obligation to buy. In our situation we need impact players. Ideally I d swap him for Mustafi if Inter wont give us option to buy.

Leeroy1979

Exciting rumour if true. Perisic if you give him space can be the match winner. He is the ultimate opposite of Iwobi. Lately he s been off his game, could be about not being able to go to United or him regressing. Definetly worth a punt on loan, but tricky with obligation to buy. In our situation we need impact players. Ideally I d swap him for Mustafi if Inter wont give us option to buy.
I'd be all over that swap deal if only it didn't leave us even more short handed at the back. We already need a cb so we can't afford to lose another one

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I'm usually not bothered by age but I do think given the current age profile of our attackers we should try for someone younger. If we can get Perisic on a decent fee/wage, I'd definitely take him.

I get that, but I think also someone such as Perisic would help Arsenal take advantage of having the attackers they have who are roughly in his age bracket. The club wants to build for the future, but they also want to get back into the Champions League. If they don't, then having Aubameyang, et all, has been kind of wasted. And if they get back in, that will significantly boost their ability to buy younger players over the next couple of transfer windows.

Leeroy1979

I suppose our acquisitions will have to be on two levels, what helps us now and what will help us in the future if we get back to where we want to be. If what we need now helps us get into cl then what will help us in the future is a far wider pool

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’m not keen just because he’s a similar age to PEA and Özil. Even if he won’t decline immediately it’s a problem.

Having to replace three key players at the same time would be a struggle. We’ve got to be savvier with the latest news coming out from KSE today.

I’d wait for the summer, take the risk of EL football and get a younger player with resale value in then.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I’m not keen just because he’s a similar age to PEA and Özil. Even if he won’t decline immediately it’s a problem.

Having to replace three key players at the same time would be a struggle. We’ve got to be savvier with the latest news coming out from KSE today.

I’d wait for the summer, take the risk of EL football and get a younger player with resale value in then.

Maybe Saka and Nelson are good enough? If they are then Mkhi and Perisic being the age they are would be perfect.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom