• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Perisic

Is Perisic too old?

• Total voters

Leeroy1979

In my opinion we need to do whatever we can to break the top 4 as every season we are out if the cl sees us slip further behind. If that means paying for perisic in the summer then so be it if it means he comes in jan to help us now

HBL

Established Member
Yeah we need champions league football next season, I don't care how we get it, we just need it.

Leeroy1979

Yeah we need champions league football next season, I don't care how we get it, we just need it.
Taking opportunities like this (if it's true) strongarming rugani from juve as part of the Ramsey deal in jan or loaning a dependable cb and playing like we did against Chelsea would be a step in the right direction towards cl......oh and playing Özil when needed not getting into a **** measuring contest and freezing him out based on ego

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
In my opinion we need to do whatever we can to break the top 4 as every season we are out if the cl sees us slip further behind. If that means paying for perisic in the summer then so be it if it means he comes in jan to help us now

We will slip further if we do asinine business like you suggest. Buying a 30 year old for 40M to get CL? Wtf. Do even get 40M more from being in the CL instead of EL?

Leeroy1979

We will slip further if we do asinine business like you suggest. Buying a 30 year old for 40M to get CL? Wtf. Do even get 40M more from being in the CL instead of EL?
Cl will be worth far more than 40m to us if we get back there. Plus it allows us to attract the type of talent we need to progress. Sitting on our ass and waiting until the summer to buy players willing to come to us after another season out of the elite is what will see us slip further behind

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Cl will be worth far more than 40m to us if we get back there. Plus it allows us to attract the type of talent we need to progress. Sitting on our ass and waiting until the summer to buy players willing to come to us after another season out of the elite is what will see us slip further behind

I think none of us would have anything to say against Perisic at all, if it would correlate with a CL spot for the next year.

But that is a big if !

If not, we are looking at an ever aging 40m winger alongside 2 other in the same age bracket in need of replacing as well.

Not saying he ain't good or wouldnt be a good buy, if we do. Just the argument that indirectly has been put out here, Perisic ~ CL, is non-existent. Besides, he isnt at his best right now, not exactly the same thing as, if he would smash them in for fun right now, but then again, he wouldnt be on offer for loan or 40m.

Leeroy1979

I think none of us would have anything to say against Perisic at all, if it would correlate with a CL spot for the next year.

But that is a big if !

If not, we are looking at an ever aging 40m winger alongside 2 other in the same age bracket in need of replacing as well.

Not saying he ain't good or wouldnt be a good buy, if we do. Just the argument that indirectly has been put out here, Perisic ~ CL, is non-existent. Besides, he isnt at his best right now, not exactly the same thing as, if he would smash them in for fun right now, but then again, he wouldnt be on offer for loan or 40m.
I agree that it is a big if but signing a player of his quality surely makes it more likely or at least more realistic? Plus 40 is probably the first figure from inter or someone's somewhere would have picked up on it and shared it. With negotiations that could come down. Out of interest what would you say was an acceptable fee to pay for him at the end of a loan....if it happens at all?

Leeroy1979

Saying all this I have said all along we need a cb most in jan and I still think it. If we could get a loan or even loan to buy Deal on a good cb better than what we have I would take that over this. What's the harm in trying to put a deal like this in for Hummel, what the worst that could happen?nthe club tell us to piss off or the player turns us down...we haven't Lost anything

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I agree that it is a big if but signing a player of his quality surely makes it more likely or at least more realistic? Plus 40 is probably the first figure from inter or someone's somewhere would have picked up on it and shared it. With negotiations that could come down. Out of interest what would you say was an acceptable fee to pay for him at the end of a loan....if it happens at all?

Hard to say, maybe 30m.

Theoretically, I miss a top class CB the most since in forever and it also feels like we've been lacking an out and out tricky winger for ages as well. Wanted Mahrez, like Zaha, but currently CB and possibly RB outweights that need for me.

Besides, I've grown in my excitement for Reiss, Saka and Amaechi. To so much extend, as I'd rather give that spot to one of them right away instead of Perisic (I'd still love Zaha though).
I think they might outperform alternatives right away and even if not totally, they grow whilst at least providing some space and pace on the wing.

It's easier to try a winger than young CB or fullbacks, as not every mistake makes a goal.

blaise

Option to buy all day long. Zaha would be a dream but somehow I guess he is too expensive although if you compare 40m for Perisic and 70m for Zaha it is a no brainer really if you look at future value.

HBL

Established Member
If Özil and Emery can kiss and make up, this would be a nice front four:

Lacazette
Perisic - Özil - Auba
Perisic/Auba could play on either side & Perisic is really good defensively, so should be able to work well with both Kolasinac & AMN.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I’m not keen just because he’s a similar age to PEA and Özil. Even if he won’t decline immediately it’s a problem.

Having to replace three key players at the same time would be a struggle. We’ve got to be savvier with the latest news coming out from KSE today.

I’d wait for the summer, take the risk of EL football and get a younger player with resale value in then.
I completely agree. Mkhitaryan, Sokratis, Kosc, and Monreal are also already on the older side. We could do with a bit more longevity in our next couple signings.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Have the same feeling. But I do wonder why so many want him here, maybe we are wrong?

I think we three dont question his ability to have a worldie game once in a while as there is a lot of skill, no doubt, but rather that he pretty much comes with the same fault as many of our big players do. They lack consistency.

In case Mkhi and Özil would pull off their A-game all the time, we would not even discuss this.

I definetely would take Perisic, but just as an add-on with little financial risk, which isnt going to happen.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom