• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think he’d struggle to get into City’s team. Crying shame if he ends up like a Scott Sinclair.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
How come people insist he won't be replaced by someone better? He is absolutely abysmal right now, his last outings were disgraceful to say the least. I say it's pretty easy to replace him at this form, even with midfielders from midtable PL clubs.

Then, even if his form improves, he still hasn't been great in a very long time and he still has injuries in him. For every good game squeezed out of him there is another one in which he won't even feature.

Longy

How come people insist he won't be replaced by someone better? He is absolutely abysmal right now, his last outings were disgraceful to say the least. I say it's pretty easy to replace him at this form, even with midfielders from midtable PL clubs.

Then, even if his form improves, he still hasn't been great in a very long time and he still has injuries in him. For every good game squeezed out of him there is another one in which he won't even feature.

Peoples mind are increasingly focusing on recent memory.

Pre Xmas he was one of our consistent better performers.
Ramsey was not.

In recent times that has flipped, and I can guarantee you it will flip again.
Both players offer the same headaches.
They both should be kept but not as guaranteed first teamers. Neither are good enough, especially with this managerial team, if we want to play near the top.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
This one will hurt if he leaves. He's the closest thing we have to Mr. Arsenal right now, in my opinion - he edges out Ramsey. Born and bred at the club - won the FA Youth Cup. Wenger has referred to him as a miracle because of his ability and the fact he's one of our own. He needs to stay. I hope they can work something out.

blaise

problem is how we see him, if he is seen as 4th, 5th choice I am all in, but he is not a player for 1st 11 and probably will never be again. Has flashes, but our midfield is shambles and needs rebuild. Jack wont magically be the saviour.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

This is tough one because the dynamic at the Club has just changed it might be he wants to leave now .

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Him, cazorla and ramsey are the most talented cms at the club, but also the most injured. I think we can only seriously rely on one, maximum two if not the immediate starter.

nick gould

This one will hurt if he leaves. He's the closest thing we have to Mr. Arsenal right now, in my opinion - he edges out Ramsey. Born and bred at the club - won the FA Youth Cup. Wenger has referred to him as a miracle because of his ability and the fact he's one of our own. He needs to stay. I hope they can work something out.
He doesn’t affect games as much as Ramsey does. I would say let go. He only seems to be playing well when everybody else is having a poor game and even then he doesn’t carry the team to a positive result. So really If he goes I won’t shade too many tears.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
He doesn’t affect games as much as Ramsey does. I would say let go. He only seems to be playing well when everybody else is having a poor game and even then he doesn’t carry the team to a positive result. So really If he goes I won’t shade too many tears.
I just disagree. I think he's much better than most want to give him credit. And I especially like having his quality for rotation, it's very much helpful for consistency.

Jae

If he signs the contract on offer and settles for a squad role then fine. Otherwise I'd let him walk.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Think we will see this come down to the new manager. Does he want him to stay and if so just how far does he push the boat out.

Personally I think this is the end of the road for Jack with us.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Shocking contract management yet again from the club.

If not in the plans going forward we should be making 15-20m on Jack.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Shocking contract management yet again from the club.

If not in the plans going forward we should be making 15-20m on Jack.

Can't get that if there's no buyers and by all accounts there wasn't much interest in him when he was supposedly being offered about last summer. Can understand the reluctance given his injury record. Sort of player you'd take a gamble on if free.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
We should have made 25-30 million on Wilsh by selling him last summer. For a club always winging about lack of finances their handling of assets is moronic.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
If Wilshere is to leave, I think that AC Milan would be the best move for him out of the clubs linked with him. He doesn't really have the legs to play in the Premier League anymore, whilst Italy would definitely represent a league at his speed and also somewhere where his body could prolong a playing career. Playing in Italy shouldn't prove detrimental to his England chances either, given that international football isn't played at the same intensity as the Premier League.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Can't get that if there's no buyers and by all accounts there wasn't much interest in him when he was supposedly being offered about last summer. Can understand the reluctance given his injury record. Sort of player you'd take a gamble on if free.

I'm a Jack fan but I completely agree, no club was interested last season, even if they were we didnt know what we know now, ie that he's never going to get back to the level we need. He will be off, its a shame its for free but that's the way its panned out and I don't blame the club for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom