• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jean-Alain Boumsong

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzG

Established Member
If this is true then all I can say is WTF :shock:

He is turning down Liverpool, Internazionale, Juventus, Arsenal, Valencia, Barcelona, Lyon, Marseille and Paris Saint Germain to join Rangers. This can't be true.

A

Anonymous

JazzG said:
If this is true then all I can say is WTF :shock:

He is turning down Liverpool, Internazionale, Juventus, Arsenal, Valencia, Barcelona, Lyon, Marseille and Paris Saint Germain to join Rangers. This can't be true.

MONEY talks

lewdikris

Established Member
Huh, how could Rangers pay him more than any of those teams? They're completely skint.

Maybe he (or Guy Roux, or his agent) thinks he needs a couple of years to fully tune-up before going to a bigtime club.

Maybe he ain't as good as people believe, or just wants to be a big fish in a small pond. He'd be the best defender in Scotland by a hundred miles.

But that ain't saying ****e.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i dont see it happening.. Rangers are the SMALLEST club on that list and no offence, but he wants to be guaranteed CL every year, um, hello, that would be Arsenal too...

i just cant see this... he would rather get IN to the CL and lose every year instead of go to a "contender"? this doesnt make sense....

Superdudes

true that we have toure, senderos and.. :p cygan.. but i reckon that senderos is for the future, toure can be converted to right back and cygan.. well i think he's just good enough to remain at the bench of arsenal.. thus cygan will be leaving either this jan or this summer as he wants more 1st team football which he rarely gets at arsenal..

Gers honourary chairman David Murray has made a massive plunge into the transfer market to fund a move for Boumsong and beat off the interest of all the other sides

i think they are willing to give higher wages than what the other big clubs are offering.. but how can this deal be conclude so early.. can a person be poach and agree to a contract when he's still under contract for another 6 months at least?

A.Hussain

converting toure to right back is plain *... for as a back up, its fine.... with lauren and the quick silver hoyte, theres no need for toure to become a permanent rb.... hes better off in the center of the defence park...

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
According to Sky Sports News Boumsong is going to sign for Rangers because he is fed up of waiting for other clubs to make an offer.

Jinn

Established Member
Boumsong snubs Reds to be a Ger

Auxerre defender Jean Alain Boumsong has claimed he turned down Liverpool, Arsenal and Inter Milan in favour of a move to Rangers.

He will leave the French club in the summer and is set to sign a pre-contract agreement with Rangers next month after being given the green light from France international boss Jacques Santini.

Boumsong told the Daily Record: 'I spoke to Santini and he told me to have no worries about signing for Rangers.

'He said they are a big club just like Marseille, Inter Milan or anyone else. He said the most important thing is that I am playing in the Champions League or at least in the UEFA Cup.

'And I know I'll get that for sure with Rangers.

'I was very impressed by both David Murray and Alex McLeish and also by the way I was treated during my time in Scotland. They showed me they wanted me and were prepared to make me an offer.

'I have talked to other clubs like Liverpool, Arsenal and Inter Milan.

'But they keep on telling me to wait and I'm not prepared to wait for them when Rangers are showing how much they want me in Glasgow.'

from Soccernet

Jinn

Established Member
Too right. He wants to play in the SPL? Let him.

Bye bye international football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom