• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jeff Reine-Adelaide: Just Call Him Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
So long Jeff.

Hopefully covered our back with a few clauses in the deal on the chance he impresses and goes for a big fee further down the line.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's unexpected but potentially for the better IMO.

Jeff has always been majorly talented and could have been a great player here but I believe that his time here has been a combination of mismanagement and lack of intensity.

Mismanagement because he could have gone on loan a lot earlier than he did, or at the very least played more football at any level. He was stuck in a unique purgatory between the first team and the U23s, thus never playing much for either. He went months without football in the 2016/17 season due to being called up for first team games and never even seeing a minutes worth of action.

Having said that, he frequently reminded me of Abou Diaby in both a positive and negative sense. He had the right physical gifts and technical ability but he played with all the intensity of a 2 hour long tantric shag the majority of the time he actually got to play. When he was on it, he was unplayable. One other problem he had was that he didn't really seem to enjoy being a central midfielder and wanted one of the attacking spots - yet he never convinced in front of goal and never really got many assists either.

He's still a very talented player - one I'd very much rather keep - but with the talent we currently have coming through in the positions he wishes to play in, this is probably a good solution. Jeff gets to play regular games in a top flight league where he can rebuild his reputation and still go on to be a great player; and one of Arsenal's younger contingent can fill the Jeff void. Smith-Rowe already umped ahead in the queue it looks like, but Xavier Amaechi comes to mind as the biggest beneficiary .

Reactions: A_G

Stannis

I wish there is a buyback clause

But if Wenger and Emery didn’t fancy him, clearly something was up

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Not good enough. But don't worry Jeff we've another young up and coming talent for us to get excited about :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom