• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jeff Reine-Adelaide: Just Call Him Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impact

Established Member
Please don't compare Pogba with Adelaide. Pogba is in a different solar system to our boy right now.

I also don't think any one is criticising Adelaide for being weak. It's more about using his body/strength better to grant him more opportunities to use his technical ability. At the moment, he is like a gazelle and to be a Premier League footballer, he needs to be more convincing physically.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Great how our academy took a raw talent and gently shaped him into a player who looks so much more mature dan his age suggests. Looks like a cm, wouldn't have thought that back when he joined us.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Both Jeff and Amn should feature in our next fa cup match. We should have Jeff ready to contribute to the first team by next season imo

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm sorry what game were you watching? He continuously held players off, was constantly riding challenges while driving forward, won tackles and was a huge part as to why we dominated the midfield.

He is only 19 and will get stronger but to say that his performance suffered because of it is ridiculous.

I think he is far more suited to a central midfield role than Iwobi is. His passing range is superior and his vision is better. Iwobi finds space better on the half turn and is currently stronger. He is also better at retaining possession, but that is due to playing more often.

I'd say Jeff is only 1 season of playing time behind Iwobi. Really reminds me of Diaby at times. It's funny how Pogba gets hash tags and attempts to show that he is skillful, it's literally effortless for the Jeff. We have a real talent on our books

I'm pretty sure we watched that same game, and at 19 he's obviously going to get stronger.

And Jeff definitely didn't have a bad game. I think he played his best game for us. However, that doesn't mean that he can't improve, and frankly building up more muscle is the most obvious area for improvement. His technical ability is great.

This isn't a damning criticism. Özil had to bulk up when he came here.

Jeff road tackles largely due to his technique. He could push the ball ahead of the defender and his long legs let him breeze by the guy like he wasn't there. Everyone has been making the obvious Diaby comparison from this.

However, with his size he can get better at winning tackles and launching quick counterattacks. As he gets stronger he'll get better at this and will add another dimension to his game that he's definitely capable of adding.

To take his game to the next level, he needs to add more strength, and that will come. He's only 19.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Great how our academy took a raw talent and gently shaped him into a player who looks so much more mature dan his age suggests. Looks like a cm, wouldn't have thought that back when he joined us.
still wouldnt have him anywhere near a CM. Maybe CAM.

still strikes me as being a winger because he doesnt have any defensive or positional sense. all his attributes are built for an attacking game.

chessygoal

Jeff clearly loves Wengerball but I really think it would be great for him to be loaned in a team managed by guys like Pullis or Alardyce for a season.

chessygoal

Like it was for Gnabry? Nah, like Iwobi, Jeff will probably skip the loan stage.
By all accounts, Jeff has a great work ethic, he has his own personal trainer and takes extra sessions during the summer break to develop his body. The thing is, we have too many CMs/CAM in our team, and I can't see Jeff getting enough playing time to develop as fast as he can if he stays here.
With Wilshere coming back next season, we need to find a way to give Jeff more minutes, and a loan seems to be the only option.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

By all accounts, Jeff has a great work ethic, he has his own personal trainer and takes extra sessions during the summer break to develop his body. The thing is, we have too many CMs/CAM in our team, and I can't see Jeff getting enough playing time to develop as fast as he can if he stays here.
With Wilshere coming back next season, we need to find a way to give Jeff more minutes, and a loan seems to be the only option.
There isn't much room in the middle, yes, but he's still developing. His game has improved so much, changed so much since he first arrived here. If I'd loan him it would be to Bournemouth. Not to these anti-football managers. We want Jeff to be comfortable with wengerball, not play 10 passes and run 10 miles in a match.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I wouldn't go loaning him to a PL side, he wouldn't get time on the pitch for Bournemouth. If I was loaning him it would be a short term one to a championship side, but I don't think he really needs a loan right now.

Giroud

Established Member
Don't think he needs a loan. Looks good enough to be given a bit part role like Iwobi last season.

You need to find a team that plays with a similar style to us, will accommodate him in the correct role and limit disruption to other aspects of his life. Not exactly easy and probably why so many flop on loans. Keep him hear.

chessygoal

There isn't much room in the middle, yes, but he's still developing. His game has improved so much, changed so much since he first arrived here. If I'd loan him it would be to Bournemouth. Not to these anti-football managers. We want Jeff to be comfortable with wengerball, not play 10 passes and run 10 miles in a match.
It seems that most people agree with you!
I might be alone on this one, but as a foreign guy, I have always admired the physical intensity of the premier league.
When I see players like Henderson, James McCarthy or Ander Herrera who are miles behind guys like Jeff or Diaby regarding physical or technical attributes, I can't help but wonder if our CM could learn to play with the same physical intensity, without losing flair or quality on the ball?
I don't think guys like Pulis or Allardyce are anti-football, on the contrary, I think they are an important part of what makes this league a special one. And even if everyone disagree, right now my belief is that Jeff would come back a better player if he could add physical intensity to his game. But let's agree to disagree!

carlito'sway

Established Member
The tinkerman would be great for his development, incidentally, how does a manager win the premier league and 1 season later end up at Nantes?o_O

Indeed. Hopefully, the Jeff will have a great season there. He needs to get his act together.
Don't forget the Tinkerman coached in France before at AS Monaco when they were in Ligue 2 and he brought them back to Ligue 1. So he knows the league well. I guess he liked the project at FC Nantes, a pretty good club to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom