<

Jens Lehmann...

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Sigun, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Sigun

Sigun New Member

what about Barcelonas keeper last season...he was great..

Victor somthing??

2. Soler

Soler New Member Elite

Valdes.

3. goldbug

goldbug New Member

I like Lehman coz he's got character (in some way :D ) and he is IMO part of the team now. He had his share of mistakes in the past and he's sure gonna have some in the future (not many i hope) but I think that this season he'll do better....He's our keeper now and whether you agree or not he was a big part of the team that finished last season without losing a single game (in the epl i mean).

4. Canuck

Canuck New Member Elite

I just realized, no one is talking about David James...Hmmm interesting. :wink:

5. Loylz

Loylz Moderator Moderator

Yeah. That 'keeper ws top class whenever I see him play, and he's only 19-21 IIRC. He seems a good prospect for the future IMO.

6. Aussie

Aussie New Member Elite

I will give him a fair chance this season and he has my 100% support and i didnt mean to enter this debate however i cant help myself.

7. zerofeel

zerofeel New Member

despite his short attention span and the occasional blunder due to his high level of eccentricity,he is still the player to be the first choice keeper because he is so confident and has no trouble communicating with his defenders at all.And he dares to come out for crosses and risk his limbs for Arsenal.His reflexes isnt that bad at all....id give Lemon a chance ....

8. Loylz

Short attention span? What short attention span. If anything he gets in trouble for over comitting himself. Give me an example of those short attention span moments.

9. Sammer

Sammer New Member Elite

I know, you can call Lehmann a hot-head and having an excessive temper...but certainly not having a short attention span :D

10. jeromelee

jeromelee New Member

Still seems a little shaky to me. Remember that 1 situation against norwich where 2 players sort of clashed into him and he dropped the ball and it crossed the line. If you watch the replay carefully he drops the ball even before the strikers knock into him. He just lost it. I really haven't found my confidence in him yet.

11. jasonlohkh

jasonlohkh New Member

Come on.give him a chance.As gunners we have to accept him as our no 1 keeper. Arsène knows mate

12. Sammer

Sammer New Member Elite

I watched this incident also in slow-mo - and I cannot subsricbe to what you are saying. Lehmann got knocked by that Skandinavian guy as soon as he got the ball.

Whatever...I don´t think you can blame him on that incident for losing the ball :shock:

13. quattro

quattro Active Member

and he didn't even flip out into "mad jens" mode which already shows a tremendous improvement from last year.

14. jeromelee

jeromelee New Member

True that he didn't flip out. And the fact is that I'm okay with him being our no.1 keeper since there really isn't much choice anyway. And since AW has so much faith in him, it's really no point in me busting his b*lls. But I just don't seem to have confidence in him that's all.

15. beanz

beanz New Member Elite

That's no way to talk about Aussie, or should I say Elllliiiiiot! :p

16. Sigun

Sigun New Member

is Aussies name Elliot? gee....thats pure name.

17. Loylz

It's actually his middle name.