• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jens Lehmann...

Sigun

what about Barcelonas keeper last season...he was great..

Victor somthing??

goldbug

I like Lehman coz he's got character (in some way :D ) and he is IMO part of the team now. He had his share of mistakes in the past and he's sure gonna have some in the future (not many i hope) but I think that this season he'll do better....He's our keeper now and whether you agree or not he was a big part of the team that finished last season without losing a single game (in the epl i mean).

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sigun said:
what about Barcelonas keeper last season...he was great..

Victor somthing??
Yeah. That 'keeper ws top class whenever I see him play, and he's only 19-21 IIRC. He seems a good prospect for the future IMO.

Aussie

Established Member
Sammer said:
Aussie said:
Im not dissapointed with him as our keeper. Im just still having nightmares about the chelski game.

Fair enough Aussie. And I admit that Lehmann was, despite the whole team being tired and not deserving to win both Chelski games, a proximate target for our dissapointment.

Still, give him a fair chance this season.

I will give him a fair chance this season and he has my 100% support and i didnt mean to enter this debate however i cant help myself.

zerofeel

despite his short attention span and the occasional blunder due to his high level of eccentricity,he is still the player to be the first choice keeper because he is so confident and has no trouble communicating with his defenders at all.And he dares to come out for crosses and risk his limbs for Arsenal.His reflexes isnt that bad at all....id give Lemon a chance ....

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
zerofeel said:
despite his short attention span and the occasional blunder due to his high level of eccentricity,he is still the player to be the first choice keeper because he is so confident and has no trouble communicating with his defenders at all.And he dares to come out for crosses and risk his limbs for Arsenal.His reflexes isnt that bad at all....id give Lemon a chance ....
Short attention span? What short attention span. If anything he gets in trouble for over comitting himself. Give me an example of those short attention span moments.

Sammer

Established Member
I know, you can call Lehmann a hot-head and having an excessive temper...but certainly not having a short attention span :D

jeromelee

Still seems a little shaky to me. Remember that 1 situation against norwich where 2 players sort of clashed into him and he dropped the ball and it crossed the line. If you watch the replay carefully he drops the ball even before the strikers knock into him. He just lost it. I really haven't found my confidence in him yet.

Sammer

Established Member
jeromelee said:
Still seems a little shaky to me. Remember that 1 situation against norwich where 2 players sort of clashed into him and he dropped the ball and it crossed the line. If you watch the replay carefully he drops the ball even before the strikers knock into him. He just lost it. I really haven't found my confidence in him yet.

I watched this incident also in slow-mo - and I cannot subsricbe to what you are saying. Lehmann got knocked by that Skandinavian guy as soon as he got the ball.

Whatever...I don´t think you can blame him on that incident for losing the ball :shock:

quattro

I watched this incident also in slow-mo - and I cannot subsricbe to what you are saying. Lehmann got knocked by that Skandinavian guy as soon as he got the ball.

and he didn't even flip out into "mad jens" mode which already shows a tremendous improvement from last year.

jeromelee

quattro said:

and he didn't even flip out into "mad jens" mode which already shows a tremendous improvement from last year.

True that he didn't flip out. And the fact is that I'm okay with him being our no.1 keeper since there really isn't much choice anyway. And since AW has so much faith in him, it's really no point in me busting his b*lls. But I just don't seem to have confidence in him that's all.

beanz

zerofeel said:
despite his short attention span and the occasional blunder due to his high level of eccentricity, id give Lemon a chance ....
That's no way to talk about Aussie, or should I say Elllliiiiiot! :p

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom