• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jermain Defoe

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Iloveyouarsenewenger said:
I asked you a question. You did not seem to answer it.

Very few teams get players off big teams unless those players are unwanted. Most big sides look at the best players outside the elite clubs for transfers.
Most clubs look abroad when the alternative is not up to their standards. And believe you me, the only reason some defensive players shine while playing for mid-table team is not because of their exceptional talent but more so the team's overall organisational system and managerial input.

Who are Man United's incoming players? De Gea from Atletico, Jones from Blackburn and Young from Villa - the best players/best potential players OUTSIDE of the top sides in the world.
Fergie just won his 19th PL title with the worst team he ever managed in his tenure. Do you think he is just throwing his money in the wind with the latest signings? He knows exactly what player suit his overall style and the players he purchased were well thought of by many high profile clubs. On the otherhand in Gervinho's case Newcastle was his best option til Wenger got his feet wet.

So, if we are looking to sign the best players outside the top four from our league why are you so underwhelmed? Of course, there is a possibility that you might consider other players to be better than them from non-top four clubs in the league. If that is the case, you can name who you want.
I'm not honestly big on FM, but If I had to name drop, I would dearly love Thiago Silva here.

The way I see it, our defense was our biggest worry and our central defense was amateurish at times.
No qualm there.

We are looking at the best defenders in the league outside of the top four (to buy top players from whom is not feasible) There is absolutely nothing to scoff at.
I beg to differ.

Unless you believe that players who have a higher profile just because they play for a bigger club are the only players worth having in the world.
The players who play for bigger clubs have a reason to be there in the first place; they have the talent required to compete at the highest level rather than get stagnated at a smaller club for so long.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Shue said:
So the only player you can name as a better option than Samba and Cahill is Thiago Silva?
You asked me for a name, and I dropped it. Now move along and let Iloveyouarsenewenger and I have a proper discussion even though we don't see eye to eye on this issue.

I RIDICULE YOU.

Shue

Established Member
NIPOLOPO said:
Shue said:
So the only player you can name as a better option than Samba and Cahill is Thiago Silva?
You asked me for a name, and I dropped it. Now move along and let Iloveyouarsenewenger and I have a proper discussion even though we don't see eye to eye on this issue.

I RIDICULE YOU.
Incorrect. I clearly used a plural.

Yet again, obtuse.

Come on mate, try harder.

Kain

Established Member
Story has no merit it’s a non-entity, Defoe has spent a large portion of his career playing under Redknapp for varying clubs, can’t see that changing now plus he is at his level (The Europa cup kekeke! :mrgreen: )

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Thiago Silva is not a feasible option for us NIPOLOPO. Forget agreeing a fee with Milan, even the player wouldn't want to come here.

Not just that, he'd be no different from Vermaelen who is an excellent defender but because of his height is bound to get beaten some time or other against teams which are set out to attack with long balls only. Thiago Silva is a world class player, no doubt, but, he is more of the same, only, a bit better in quality. Not the solution to what we need.

Yes, players in top teams are there because they are good enough but all these players with the top teams were not from academies of top sides. Most of them were the best players from the non-elite sides of their league and were bought by the top teams from those sides. Look at the current Manchester United team and tell me how many players were bought from European giants?

Now, who are the best defenders outside the elite sides? By the way, Milan ARE an elite side.

Glovegun

Established Member
Can't see this happening, but we do need a proper goalscorer who will hit the six yard box and get on the end of things. Sp**s icon or not, Defoe would offer that.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Defoe is a poor version of Andy Cole, needs 5 chances to score 1. Leave him be, writing articles for The Sun.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Defoe would score more goals here than he does for Sp**s

buuut he's **** and a **** to boot

would never want him here

ebouenolike

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://thisisfutbol.com/2011/06/blogs/why-arsenal-should-not-cross-the-north-london-divide-for-this-man" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://thisisfutbol.com/2011/06/blogs/w ... r-this-man</a>

An article on why Arsenal shouldn't go for Defoe. I wrote it so if anyone has a look tell me what they think. (I realise I wrote Robbie Crouch, very embarrassing)

Also, if this is considered advertising, and against the rules, then can a mod just delete it. Cheers.

been

can a mod just delete this thread and everyone can act like this link never even surfaced

would never take him

ebouenolike

Established Member
I don't think this would happen ever....everrrr....EVERRRRRR.

Just imagine waking up, wacking up Arsenal.com and seeing Defoe holding an Arsenal shirt next to Wenger all smiles.

Breakfast/Summer RUINED.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom