• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

João Félix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Joao Félix is extremely talented but at wrong team and system but we need striker not another Ødegaard or ESR we have 2 who extremely talented and going to keep improving. If he coming to replace pepe for example then yeah I'm all over it.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
And in the two seasons before - he finished with 7 and 6 goals in the league. Surely he can't be what we're looking for.

He seems to play deeper and looks like he's a world class dribbler. Joao Felix would be ideal if Arteta wants his CF to drop deep into a false 9 to create for others and help build up and create attacks for our wingers to run into. That and the fact he can play across all front 4 roles.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If he can play 9 for us that's an absolute game changer, have my doubts though.
He can’t play as a 9 in Spain. No way he can do it in the PL. he is not a striker. He is basically a player you need to give free role and build the team around him. I would stay clear

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He seems to play deeper and looks like he's a world class dribbler. Joao Felix would be ideal if Arteta wants his CF to drop deep into a false 9 to create for others and help build up and create attacks for our wingers to run into. That and the fact he can play across all front 4 roles.
He can’t play as striker. I mean technically every player can play every position. But can they do it well at adequate level?

There is a similar player in his team who is better and that’s Correa

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
He can’t play as striker. I mean technically every player can play every position. But can they do it well at adequate level?

There is a similar player in his team who is better and that’s Correa

I can only speculate why we're being linked. I imagine it's Felix having the highest upside. In which case, Arteta would play him as a false 9 or put him in the wing and move ESR or Martineli to the false 9 role.

I wonder if they'd do a deal involving Pepe.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I can only speculate why we're being linked. I imagine it's Felix having the highest upside. In which case, Arteta would play him as a false 9 or put him in the wing and move ESR or Martineli to the false 9 role.

I wonder if they'd do a deal involving Pepe.
Arteta trying to copy guardiola and it’s pathetic. We need strikers, this idea of putting none prolific player upfront just leads to less goals. Liverpool and City are exceptions that shouldn’t be followed. City has the best attacking midfielders in the world and Liverpool the most prolific wide forwards. We need a proper striker. Not some youngster we gonna gamble on.

And how does the club go from vlahovic to felix as their choice for striker? It makes zero sense

StefanB

Felix is such a good player. He's technically brilliant, very mobile, great passer/playmaker and can create chances on his own. He's around 181-182cm's tall aswell. So he's not tiny either.

One of the big issues though is if the physical aspect of the Premier League would suit him. I'm pretty sure he would adapt nicely, but you never know. He's only shown glimpses of the real him under Simeone (though he is very restricted).

The biggest issue for me is the price. If we thought Vlahovic was expensive then wait until you see what Atletico will want for Felix.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Felix is such a good player. He's technically brilliant, very mobile, great passer/playmaker and can create chances on his own. He's around 181-182cm's tall aswell. So he's not tiny either.

One of the big issues though is if the physical aspect of the Premier League would suit him. I'm pretty sure he would adapt nicely, but you never know. He's only shown glimpses of the real him under Simeone (though he is very restricted).

The biggest issue for me is the price. If we thought Vlahovic was expensive then wait until you see what Atletico will want for Felix.
So he struggled with Simoenes restricted football but will flourish? Atletico is more attacking team than us. Has 9 more league goals and had 12 more last season. So how is he gonna do well in a team that creates even less? Unless you change formation players like Feliz and Lautauro are waste here. Too many people have the get the good player and then figure out how to use him approach

Arteta has one formation he uses and that’s 4-3-3. He has been consistent in how he wants his team to attack. Use wide players to put in crosses. At some point common sense has to dictate we need an actual striker with areal ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom