• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I think we treat some players in an appalling way, as you say,if we don't have a use for him at Arsenal, just release him and let him get on with his career, their short enough.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Most of them don't move on because we pay them too much. Gibbs, Debuchy, Jenks, they are all glued to the club by the size of their salary.

Yup, exactly. Jenkinson should've been sold in January but he could come to an agreement on his salary with Crystal Palace because he wanted too much.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Most of them don't move on because we pay them too much. Gibbs, Debuchy, Jenks, they are all glued to the club by the size of their salary.
Is Joel in that category? Anyway, it's Wenger or somebody's fault for paying dross too much in the first place. We never really had Joel at the club.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think we treat some players in an appalling way, as you say,if we don't have a use for him at Arsenal, just release him and let him get on with his career, their short enough.
Unfortunately, imo, Joel is still here cause some fans got a hard on for him at the world cup. That was his peak value and the club didn't want to get rid.

Reactions: A_G

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Unfortunately, imo, Joel is still here cause some fans got a hard on for him at the world cup. That was his peak value and the club didn't want to get rid.
When did the fans ever have an influence on players being bought or sold?
Actually, the last time I remember seeing him in an Arsenal shirt he was subbed and the fans booed that because he was one of the players having a great game.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

When did the fans ever have an influence on players being bought or sold?
Actually, the last time I remember seeing him in an Arsenal shirt he was subbed and the fans booed that because he was one of the players having a great game.
During the world cup and after there was a huge swathe of opinion that he should be brought back. I genuinely believe without that then he would have gone. It was an easy decision to appease the fan base.

NCGooner

During the world cup and after there was a huge swathe of opinion that he should be brought back. I genuinely believe without that then he would have gone. It was an easy decision to appease the fan base.
He also had a good season in Greece, and had a brilliant game against Man U while over there on loan. Also, people forget he played very well for a spell when he came back, and his defensive effort at the RW spot was welcome after watching Theo and Ox not track back at all for a lot of the season. Just not good enough for where we want to be moving forward.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
IMO there was no issues with giving Campbell a chance and saying we shouldn't have is just the power of hindsight.

However, the way the club have delt with the situation since he has been surplus to requirements has been shocking .. as per usual of course

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

IMO there was no issues with giving Campbell a chance and saying we shouldn't have is just the power of hindsight.

However, the way the club have delt with the situation since he has been surplus to requirements has been shocking .. as per usual of course
Nothing to do with the power of hindsight. He done nothing on loan and shone bright in a world cup. History teaches us never buy anyone on the back of a good major tournament. The eyes of the world are on you for three games. It's easy to play above your ability.

say yes

forum master baiter
Kind of new here, anyways thinking with his pace, work rate and defensive attributes he might actually make for a decent RWB

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom