• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Good to hear^^

Can't have him attracting more attention and having his head swell too big.

jay-d

Established Member
kofigunner said:
Well Costa Rica are being walloped by Ecuador (0-3). Absolutely no service for JC. He did put some people through but nothing came of it. At this rate, I expect Costa Rica to fall out of the competition so I guess things will be resolved one way or the other soon enough.
Na they progress as one of teh best 3rd place teams but will probably get a tough draw.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Warship said:
so is this quote: <a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/940358/arsenal-boss-Ars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... l-boss-Ars</a>ène-wenger-plots-signing-of-?cc=5901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"We want to add not quality, but super quality," said Wenger. "We hope to give you some good news soon. Next week, something might happen."

Is A.W talking about Joel Campbell? Not that I don't want him but he won't even be able to play with the first team for a year given we get a special talent work permit for Ryo first..

He has a Irish grandfather or something like that apparently .

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I previously felt that we'd already bagged him and was just waiting till after this tournament to announce it, but since the AOC deal, I wondered if we'd failed with Joel and decided to go get a different offensive youngster. I still hope we get him.

RvP, Chamakh, Joel isn't ideal,
but it looks much better than RvP, Chamakh.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Nice bit of link up/vision there to set the fella off down the flank.

CR are defending for their lives here! I think they want pens!

ebouenolike

Established Member
Costa Rica being dominated currently, but the small amount of Campbell I've seen he's looked excellent. Ludicrously talented.

As we succeeded with a work permit for Ryo I presume Campbell can't get one?

ricky1985

Established Member
Remember, Macca, that there have been a lot of rumours in the last few days about Vela going out on loan, maybe even permanently - that could open up a spot for Campabell.

Shame he's not getting on the ball more, looks so dangerous every time he does.

ricky1985

Established Member
ebouenolike said:
That's my understanding; one 'special talent' application allowed per season. Wenger himself said that in a press conference towards the end of last season, but sometimes, with the language barrier, it's easy to misinterpret him. Still yet to see anything official to confirm it. There's also the whole Irish Grandfather thing, but I don't believe that's actually true.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
ricky1985 said:
Remember, Macca, that there have been a lot of rumours in the last few days about Vela going out on loan, maybe even permanently - that could open up a spot for Campabell.

Shame he's not getting on the ball more, looks so dangerous every time he does.
Yeah, but it's hard to even consider including Vela when thinking about squad options he plays that little.

ricky1985 said:
That's my understanding; one 'special talent' application allowed per season.
What about Man U and the twins? Gives me hope we could get him as well when he's so clearly a special talent.

Shue

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
ebouenolike said:
That's my understanding; one 'special talent' application allowed per season. Wenger himself said that in a press conference towards the end of last season, but sometimes, with the language barrier, it's easy to misinterpret him. Still yet to see anything official to confirm it. There's also the whole Irish Grandfather thing, but I don't believe that's actually true.
I got the impression it was one application per player per season, but yeah it was pretty vague.

ricky1985

Established Member
That's what I mean about Wenger's words sometimes being hard to decipher, Shue.

Good point on Rafael/Fabio, Macca. Here's hoping we can get him in and don't have to loan him out. If we actually sign him of course.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Given up on this game as stream is being temperamental.

Will check here later/tomorrow to see if Campbell shone or Costa Rica were eliminated. Cheers.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Clearly punched in the throat there, was Campbell. How that **** managed to stay on the pitch is anyones guess.

ricky1985

Established Member
Campbell's knackered, had a thankless task tonight, chasing on his own up front.

Horrible mistake from the keeper makes it 2-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom