• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
so this is done fast, well i have never seen this player before hope he is good player.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
Seeing as there seems to be a negative correlation between "the potency of his left foot" and the amount of goals he scores per season, I hope his left foot gets worse by the day

GOONER1991

Established Member
I can actually agree with Outlaw to an extent. I've been frustrated with Van Persie in recent seasons, because from outside the box, it seems that Robin just tries to hit the ball as hard as he can, which results in him skying a lot of chances or free kicks. Sometimes when a chance is there for him to place the ball around the keeper, he'll just try and smash it in, and it goes over.

However. Saying that, I think now he has really suited his game to that CF role and is lethal in and around the box.

Yaya

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nacion.com/2011-07-17/Portada/NotasSecundarias/UH0717-CAMPBELL.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nacion.com/2011-07-17/Portad ... PBELL.aspx</a>

We haven't signed him according this...says that there should be a meeting at 2pm today, atm it's 1pm in Costa Rica.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
yep its also says there another english club enter the line to sign joel, any idea this english club could be spuds LoooL.

Vela

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/07/arsenals-campbell-deal-in-doubt/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/07/arse ... -in-doubt/</a>

Floating

Established Member
gunnerblog gilbertosilver
Joel Campbell latest: the player's dad & agent will meet Arsenal officials in 10 minutes time (9pm UK) to try and finalise deal. [La Nacion]

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Accomplished said:
The Jury said:
If he ends up with us, he'll be a sensation. He's already far FAR in advance of the likess of Oxo Chambermaid IMO. He's good enough for Arsenal and the premiership at present, I have no doubt.

I want to believe you, I really do, but I highly doubt that a player who is "far" ahead of Ox and is ready to play for a top-4 team would be signed in such a manner, without any media coverage, any true competition from other clubs, and for the figures being quoted..

That's the drop-dead beauty of it. And who knows at this stage who else is/was after him, anway? All may be revealed in time, but I'd say Arsenals record of fast tracking precocious talent to the first team (for better or worse!) may well have swung it.

Arsenal can't afford to wait for the fanfare to begin before we act, and should for once be credited for their show of initiative, just as their lack of it in the past has been pilloried. Why would lack of media coverage, huge transfer fee and not being behind Madrid, Barca, Inter et al be a minus? Have you completely lost faith in the beautiful game?! :wink:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If it doesn't go through after all this, I'll be physically sick. Meetings meant to be in progress right now....

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sometimes we're too good at haggling :). 2 mill was a steal but less than 1 is robbery, obviously not for a small Costa Rican club but I hope we can add some more money to seal the deal if we have to.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Bet its Chelsea or Man City in for him. Or maybe his dad is really clever and knows what to say before going in to negotiate a contract.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
ricky1985 said:
Jury, lay it on me - what's the guy's strengths and weaknesses? How good can he be?

Oozes confidence on the ball; sublime left foot (uses his right foot too); great first touch; takes a mean free-kick; good vision for a forward; great athlete; quick over the ground and possesses a natural footballing brain. Most of all, though, there's just something about the way he moves that gives the impression he has no boundaries and he knows it.

Sky's the limit, basically.

I base all this on five 90 minute appearances (two at U20 level) and haven't even seen his YouTube clips yet.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Seems we've signed him

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7045100,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 00,00.html</a>

dpt49

Established Member
The Jury said:
ricky1985 said:
Jury, lay it on me - what's the guy's strengths and weaknesses? How good can he be?

Oozes confidence on the ball; sublime left foot (uses his right foot too); great first touch; takes a mean free-kick; good vision for a forward; great athlete; quick over the ground and possesses a natural footballing brain. Most of all, though, there's just something about the way he moves that gives the impression he has no boundaries and he knows it.

Sky's the limit, basically.

I base all this on five 90 minute appearances (two at U20 level) and haven't even seen his YouTube clips yet.
Who is he going to replace in our team

ebouenolike

Established Member
Who even knows right now? So frustrating.

United even put up on their website that they had signed Ramsey so until you see them posing with the shirt and the interview it is all to play for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom