• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jorge Andrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend#1

Established Member
Jorde Andrade To Arsenal?

Arsenal - Gunners lead defender chase EXCLUSIVE
26 Oct 2005 12:11

clubcall's Spanish correspondent Ivan Modia has revealed that Arsenal are leading the chase for Deportivo La Coruna defender Jorge Andrade.

Chelsea had been tipped as the favorites to secure the services of the Portugal international during the January transfer window but Ivan's sources have confirmed that is not the case:

'Deportivo president Augusto Cesar Lendoiro wants to get the best price he can for the player and will wait until after the World Cup before looking to cash in,' Ivan explained.

'Arsenal have asked for an option on the player then but need Thierry Henry's future to be resolved. It is true that if he goes it would give Arsenal the money to sign Andrade.'

The player is under contract in Spain until 2009, and has a massive €24 million (£16.46 million) buy-out clause but Deportivo believe that if Andrade has a good World Cup his price could rise to over £18m.

I still don't believe Henry would leave... Anyways, we wouldn't need cash from Henry to get enough to sign him, do we? If its Andrade then it'll be great!

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
But if he has a buy out clause of 16.46 million surely it doesn't matter whether or not he has a good world cup and his value increases because anyone who puts in a bid of 16.64 million has the right to talk to the player and the club can do nothing about it, even if they rate him at 18 million after the world cup.

I wouldn't take clubcall to seriously Legend. After tribal football they are the last site I would believe.

Nonetheless Andrade is an impressive player and is still only around 25 years old. He'd be a good buy but never at the prices being touted about.

Courier

Cant understand why we never moved for Andrade BEFORE Depor :x I he has been class for years.I sometimes wonder just like Kaka who moved for £6million and we end up paying 4 million for Gilberto :eek:ops: I honestly think our buying over the last few years has been nothing to shout about :cry: Wenger get Walcott AND Vela before we end up in a bidding war that we WILL lose again!!!! Both are going to be big talents who will be worth many many millions in 3-4 years.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
At the moment Wenger does not have any choice with regards to Vela. The lad can not come here until he is 18, and really, there is nothing we can really do if Real Madrid and other teams come in for him as the rules in England are different to those in other European countries.

We could not have signed Kaka back when Milan bought him because he did not meet the criteria needed to obtain a work permit in the UK. This is because he was not a starter for Brazil back at the last world cup and has only in the last couple of years nailed his spot down with the national team.

And I'm sure Wenger has seen enough of Theo Walcott to know what his strengths and weaknesses are, after all he was playing for the Southampton sides that knocked our youth teams out of the FA Cup in the last two seasons.

hollow

Loyan said:
At the moment Wenger does not have any choice with regards to Vela. The lad can not come here until he is 18, and really, there is nothing we can really do if Real Madrid and other teams come in for him as the rules in England are different to those in other European countries.

We could not have signed Kaka back when Milan bought him because he did not meet the criteria needed to obtain a work permit in the UK. This is because he was not a starter for Brazil back at the last world cup and has only in the last couple of years nailed his spot down with the national team.

And I'm sure Wenger has seen enough of Theo Walcott to know what his strengths and weaknesses are, after all he was playing for the Southampton sides that knocked our youth teams out of the FA Cup in the last two seasons.

How dare you let logical justifications get in the way of a good rant.

Ratinho

Established Member
:lol:

Anyway, i'd like it to be true. He's very, very good and I suspect he'd cost around £8-10m for a player of his quality.

I remember when clubcall told me we'd already wrapped up the signing of John Moncur, and on our way to signing Lentini. That was old school phone clubcall, as a child though. :lol:

Gurgen

Established Member
This article is of course utter bullshit but Andrade is a class, class player. Wouldn't get your hopes up.

Gurgen

Established Member
Was talking to the pubic in general, I know you're far too intelligent to believe any of this :lol:

siddharth

Loyan said:
Nonetheless Andrade is an impressive player and is still only around 25 years old. He'd be a good buy but never at the prices being touted about.

Andrade will be turning 28 next year.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
siddharth said:
Loyan said:

Andrade will be turning 28 next year.
Hence why I said he is around 25 years old and not he is 25. That's still a decent age for a centre back.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Gurgen said:
This article is of course utter bullshit but Andrade is a class, class player. Wouldn't get your hopes up.

He definitely wont have a shortage of clubs to choose from if he leaves Deportivo.

Ziontrain

Courier said:
Cant understand why we never moved for Andrade BEFORE Depor :x I he has been class for years.I sometimes wonder just like Kaka who moved for £6million and we end up paying 4 million for Gilberto :eek:ops: I honestly think our buying over the last few years has been nothing to shout about :cry: Wenger get Walcott AND Vela before we end up in a bidding war that we WILL lose again!!!! Both are going to be big talents who will be worth many many millions in 3-4 years.

Well even at Depor he was still avilable for a decent price. After the Euro 2004 to me it was clear that he'd be a great player for us for squad depth - and not for much of a price. And yet we didn't get him.

Ditto for his Portugese squad mate Miguel, whom I rate higher than Paulo Ferreira. Who on earth were we on wild goose chases with Trabelsi when that dude - and still is - ripe for the plucking?

Ziontrain

That dude should be playing at a place like Arsenal, Real Madrid, Man U etc. He is has potential to do the kind of job that Roberto Carlos and Ashely Cole - or Trabelsi at his best - can do. Believe you me, Valencia is not a sufficient platfrom for he talent.

They way he plays, IMO he's an upgrade from Lauren - better in both directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom