• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jorge Andrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

hleb

Established Member
Andrade is a ****ing star!! Don't be mistaken he was Portugals defense during the Euros. For 10 mill i would bite their hands off. He's easily worth 18 mill. Pablo is a great defender as well, but he lacks experience at the highest level (tournaments & CL). Could be one for the future..

hleb

Established Member
There were some rumours about him before his injury. I'm not sure if he'll miss the WC.. A classy CB and wouldnt cost much either. I think it's time to replace Sol, the performances has not mirrored his huge sallary. We do need a CB in the 26-29 region that will allow us to rotate and give Senderos a bit more time to develop. The PSG centre halv looks really good too..Rozenthal or something...

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
you pay for what you get so I would welcome him I think the buyout clausul was at something likr 15m(not sure about £ or euro)

arsenalule

All i have to say about him is that he oozes class. Fantastic buy. No doubt about it. Easily in the top 15 (maybe 10) for central defenders.
Wouldn't pay more than 12m pounds though. And the other problem is that the Russugal outfit (Chelski) will immediately declare an interest, which is even more likely if Gallas leaves.

Ricky_AFC

I like him but don't think we could get him for the right price.

As for Rozenthal, makes me think of that old yid Ronnie Rosenthal too much for my liking :lol:

kel varnsen

Established Member
i like andrade. solid defender and pretty good on the ball. decent passing skill as well. however, have we even been linked with him the last few months? there were some rumours in january, but they seem to be dead and buried now...

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
arsenalule said:
All i have to say about him is that he oozes class. Fantastic buy. No doubt about it. Easily in the top 15 (maybe 10) for central defenders.
Wouldn't pay more than 12m pounds though. And the other problem is that the Russugal outfit (Chelski) will immediately declare an interest, which is even more likely if Gallas leaves.

well that price is around his buyout clausul and is easaly in the top 10 of CB around and the only one avaible (for us anyway) Wouldn't cry if we got Davies or Kompany(especially) but Andrade is something I have been longing for, an improvement to the starting XI

siddharth

Wenger has to make a decision here. Either he signs a worldclass CB to partner toure or prefer the toure-senderos partnership. The first case is very unlikely as senderos is coming along nicely and he needs to play regularly.If campbell does leave then wenger needs to look for a quality experienced backup which are difficult to find.Also i reckon we need to sell cygan and get an replacement for him.

My other concern is Eboue who seems a bit injury prone to me and i can't see lauren sitting on the bench.So if wenger can find a player who can play both RB/CB it would solve the problem of rb backup and a 4th choice CB.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
the hardest thing is for it to work with both Phil and Kolo I think the solution should be CB that sues his vison more then pace or power. And we won't get a new experienced CB if not Sol leaves can't see Davies or Kompany coming if Sols stays either tbh

Canuck

Established Member
Andrade would have been near the top on my shopping list but it's been awhile since we've been linked with him.
I do remember him saying he'd like to play in England awhile ago...
Anyway this is not even speculation, it's just chat so maybe you all can keep this king of thing in the wish list.

I think that this season has been excellent experience for Phil but at his age he must realize that he may be pushed back a spot by an experienced buy at CB.
Not sure about the whole Sol thing. I do support him, and I think he's still got the goods but perhaps it would just be best for everyone if he moved on at this point.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
But who would want him honstly? Probably has high wage demands, should get an extesnion or how many years does he have left? If he has got another season let him play that out

Canuck

Established Member
My merge function is awol or I would have moved this into Wishlist:Defenders.
Continue it in there.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom