• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Jorginho

Would you rather

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Not really what we needed defensively, but better than not signing anyone. Should keep us solid in the build up if one of Partey or Xhaka goes down.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I have made my peace with this signing. I still think questions need to be asked about Arsenal failing to get big deals over the line though.
Do you want deals that burden the club long term and are giant gambles on wild valuations? I don’t want to feel ripped for 90 million by Bloom. We need a backup this is better deal. The price is not worth it we helped our self by not buying and Chelsea hurt themselves with those deals they didn’t help themselves long term

Rattata

Do you want deals that burden the club long term and are giant gambles on wild valuations? I don’t want to feel ripped for 90 million by Bloom. We need a backup this is better deal. The price is not worth it we helped our self by not buying and Chelsea hurt themselves with those deals they didn’t help themselves long term
No that's not my issue. I agree that Arsenal shouldn't pay ridiculous fees like Chelsea do. My issue is that we often leave it very late in the window or we try to get players like Vlahovic or Raphinia that actually want to join another club.

Tomb Bombadil

Not really what we needed defensively, but better than not signing anyone. Should keep us solid in the build up if one of Partey or Xhaka goes down.
It's ok but we should have gone much earlier for a Caicedo/Rice or any decent loan for a DM/CM. Now we pay 12m for a player who's 31 with a 6 month contract and will take a place in the squad for the next 18 months.

He will take the place of Elneny you can say. Than I guess we will go for one of Caicedo/Rice. (Some say both, how?). And you still have the "problem" to keep five players happy with Partey, Rice/Caicedo, Xhaka, Jorghino and Lokonga + you pay much higher salary to your bench options. Lokonga would need to go anyway on loan/sell.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
This is how Jorginho kisses his wife:

4504lv.png
Trossard on his big day

Laura%20Hilven%20with%20her%20husband%20Leandro%20Trossard%20on%20their%20wedding%20day.-1638369656286.jpg

Arteta's literally building a betasquad.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
No that's not my issue. I agree that Arsenal shouldn't pay ridiculous fees like Chelsea do. My issue is that we often leave it very late in the window or we try to get players like Vlahovic or Raphinia that actually want to join another club.
Fair enough

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He won't be taking penalties for us. That's Sakas role and if he isn't playing Eddie or Gabi can hit them.

WiscoGooner8

Yes with the fee and length of contract the deal for him isn’t that bad. He can do what our current CM do in possession. My issue is more that we are helping Chelsea clear their deadwood when we find it impossible to do so ourselves.

Tnegs

Why are so many people against this signing then? He’s a class player who is still a starter for them and he should be ready to make an immediate impact. 12m fee for 18 months might seem expensive but given the amount of money being spent by the big clubs and the overall inflation in player prices it’s really nothing for a title chasing club.

WhatAFC

Yes with the fee and length of contract the deal for him isn’t that bad. He can do what our current CM do in possession. My issue is more that we are helping Chelsea clear their deadwood when we find it impossible to do so ourselves.

How is he dead wood when he’s played 18 of their 20 PL games & could leave on a free in the summer? He wasn’t sitting on the bench or in the stands with a 3 year deal and we got them out of jail.

Mudi

This is the same as Giroud to Chelsea. We were all happy till he actually was quite useful to Chelsea.
Not saying Jorginho is the answer to our long term DM/CM problem, but you need someone who can add something these 4 months. Jorginho will bring experience and does need little adaptation.

If we can rest Partey for the home games against Bournemouth, Leeds, Crystal Palace, ... it means it was a succesful signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom