• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kerrea Gilbert (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wengerboy

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0600soccer/0900cardiffcity/tm_objectid=17198246%26method=full%26siteid=50082%26headline=city%2dswoop%2don%2dgunners-name_page.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0600socc ... _page.html</a>

would be a great loan move for him when he comes back next season lauren could be gone make him 2nd choice. 8)

hope it works now

Canuck

Established Member
Works for me, but I'm putting it in transfer talk for now because I don't want to raise general panic in the group mind.
CARDIFF City are lining up a deal to bring Arsenal defender Kerrea Gilbert to Ninian Park.

The Bluebirds have inquired about taking the 19-year-old, who can play at left-back or right-back, on a year-long loan.
I did figure he'd probably go on loan next season.

Mckenna

He was impressive when he came into the team. For me, it was surprising that I didn't miss Lauren more when we lost him. Gilbert was pretty much a revelation and another positive sign that there are more domestic talents coming through the academy too.

jay-d

Established Member
sabret00the said:
vanderguy said:
lauren and eboue are the two right backs at arsenal,gilbert is not that good period.
you're talking out your arse, he's clearly better than lauren.

Nah, he's not better than Lauren. He was very suspect defensivly when he was in the team, even though I put that down to nerves. But to say he's better than Lauren after a few appearences is rather strange IMO.

Edit: And whats going on with all these avatar thieves?

jay-d said:
sabret00the said:
vanderguy said:
lauren and eboue are the two right backs at arsenal,gilbert is not that good period.

Nah, he's not better than Lauren. He was very suspect defensivly when he was in the team, even though I put that down to nerves. But to say he's better than Lauren after a few appearences is rather strange IMO.

Edit: And whats going on with all these avatar thieves?

Yes, Gilbert's not better than Lauren but to say that he's not that good is something I cannot agree with. He's been good for us when he got a few games considering that he's only 19 and has been playing only for the reserves (or is it 18?) Just unfortunate to get a back injury and see Eboue do a fantastic job in his position for the rest of the season

Viper

Established Member
I would prefer if he was loaned to a Premiership side, but I suppose this is better than nothing.

regele

Established Member
sabret00the said:
vanderguy said:
I don't think he's better right now, but he could be in a few seasons.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
I always support the loans, ever player needs strong games and pressure. But I don't know is Welsh league can offer that? That was not a retorical question, can it?

kamikaze80

Established Member
Thommybhoy said:
I always support the loans, ever player needs strong games and pressure. But I don't know is Welsh league can offer that? That was not a retorical question, can it?
i think they play in the championship!

thread title is a bit misleading, i thought gilbert was going on loan to man city!

kwg

same here kamikaze what the hell is going on :shock:

dont loan him out sell lauren he is not needed by arsenal anymore we have more then coped without him. eboue first team and gilbert on the bench.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
I too thought it was Man City. Would be a waste going to Cardiff

sabret00the said:
vanderguy said:
:lol:

That must be the joke of the year so far

Sane__

kwg said:
same here kamikaze what the hell is going on :shock:

dont loan him out sell lauren he is not needed by arsenal anymore we have more then coped without him. eboue first team and gilbert on the bench.

:shock: EBoue still has lots to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom