• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kieran Tierney (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

:lol: I don't get why he's going all CSI on it. They're not training with them because they're not seen as part of the group right now. It's not any deeper than that.
I’m just surprised he thinks players do demanding training after the pre season between games. If they did they would get far more injuries.

LittleMo

Arsenal's first team training is very demanding. No reason to take unnecessary risks for the players to get injured and being stuck with them.

Everyone knows which players are surplus to requirements, it's not some top secret.

Arteta also wants the squad to be coherent, with no "bad" influences that might distract.

Nobody is suggesting it’s a secret? All I am saying is there isn’t a need to bomb them out of training and it would be better to keep them up to fitness and not make it look like there are issues, to have a better chance of selling them on for the price we want.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Not sure KT could ever be described in that manner, or do you have something to support that?

Should he be sold if we are going to continue to invert.....Yes,

Has anyone ever questioned his attitude or being a bad apple?.......No
You focused only on my additional point, which is a fact. And I wrote "bad", but you failed to understand it. I meant distractions from players who are not part of the group for the future, and have similar commitments to it.

drippin

Nobody is suggesting it’s a secret? All I am saying is there isn’t a need to bomb them out of training and it would be better to keep them up to fitness and not make it look like there are issues, to have a better chance of selling them on for the price we want.
They are up to fitness, they are training apart from the main group which is training very hard, which can cause injuries. Makes no sense to keep them training there.

Lonewolf

You focused only on my additional point, which is a fact. And I wrote "bad", but you failed to understand it. I meant distractions from players who are not part of the group for the future, and have similar commitments to it.
Fair enough, but i think the use of the term "Bad influence" is not really fair on players whose commitment and professionalism have never been questioned.

LittleMo

They are up to fitness, they are training apart from the main group which is training very hard, which can cause injuries.

You are just being silly, nobody is doing any training that’s going to cause them to get injuries.

People go on about teams like Brighton who get top money for their players, and wonder how they do it. They do this because they don’t need to sell their players, they don’t want to. So when offers come in they can afford to turn them down, even good ones, because they don’t want or need to sell.

We are the complete opposite. Arteta treats them like crap and benches them all season, so the player and everyone watching knows they aren’t wanted or needed. They do stuff like this that sours their relationships and makes them desperate to leave, like Auba taking himself to Barcelona.

Then we sit around and wonder why nobody will give us the £30 or £35m that we want for Tierney, even though we are obviously desperate to get rid of him. Like who thinks any of this is the way to do things?

drippin

You are just being silly, nobody is doing any training that’s going to cause them to get injuries.
Hahah, you seem to have no idea how Arteta trains the 1st team.

Of course 1st team training can cause injuries, it happens often enough. For example Enciso just got a trauma injury in Brighton's training.

Can you imagine the meltdown if Tierney (who is very injury-prone) got injured in 1st team training, even though he doesn't even fit the matchday squad now? It's very hard to sell an injured player.

"Jack Wilshere believes Arsenal's training is more intense under Mikel Arteta than it was during Arsène Wenger's reign."

---

I’ve never seen first team training at the level it is now. Even when I was there and under Arsène, it’s higher now.

The demands are more
and you’re starting to see the results of that."

https://talksport.com/football/1243051/arsenal-mikel-arteta-Arsène-wenger-jack-wilshere/

LittleMo

Hahah, you seem to have no idea how Arteta trains the 1st team.

Of course 1st team training can cause injuries, it happens often enough. For example Enciso just got a trauma injury in Brighton's training.

Can you imagine the meltdown if Tierney (who is very injury-prone) got injured in 1st team training, even though he doesn't even fit the matchday squad now? It's very hard to sell an injured player.

"Jack Wilshere believes Arsenal's training is more intense under Mikel Arteta than it was during Arsène Wenger's reign."

---

I’ve never seen first team training at the level it is now. Even when I was there and under Arsène, it’s higher now.

The demands are more
and you’re starting to see the results of that."

Injuries can happen in training but it’s ridiculous to suggest that sessions are so dangerous that players don’t do them in case they get injured.

drippin

Injuries can happen in training but it’s ridiculous to suggest that sessions are so dangerous that players don’t do them in case they get injured.
So, why do you think Tierney is training separately then? Just like you guys suggest, to diminish his value on purpose? That's ridiculous if something is.

The most likely scenario is that they are going to get sold, so they train separately in an easier way, so they don't get injured as likely.

Tierney is a very injury-prone player. It's part of why he is getting sold.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

People go on about teams like Brighton who get top money for their players, and wonder how they do it. They do this because they don’t need to sell their players, they don’t want to. So when offers come in they can afford to turn them down, even good ones, because they don’t want or need to sell.

We are the complete opposite. Arteta treats them like crap and benches them all season, so the player and everyone watching knows they aren’t wanted or needed. They do stuff like this that sours their relationships and makes them desperate to leave, like Auba taking himself to Barcelona.

Then we sit around and wonder why nobody will give us the £30 or £35m that we want for Tierney, even though we are obviously desperate to get rid of him. Like who thinks any of this is the way to do things?

Yes Birghton get more money because they sell first team players they don't want to sell. We don't sell first team players we sell players we don't want. And typically that's because they aren't good enough for the level, hence they're worth less. It's possible no one wants to recruit kick and run fullbacks like Tierney anymore.

Or it's possible Tierney is holding out on a move and this is the managements way of showing him he needs to accept a move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom