• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

ragnarock

When you're on the bench and have done a partial warm up it is normal to put on clothes to keep muscles warm. He just wears shorts and t-shirt even in winter. Ridiculous

Think it's symptomatic of his hero complex, play through pain attitude

Yeah that’s not why he has persistent injury problems.

Tsl

I think Zinchenco is a much better match for the football Arteta wants to play. Tierney is still a good player though and I hope he recovers as soon as possible

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If KT didn't have these injury issues we wouldn't have signed Zinchenko I'm sure. KT is one of Arteta's guys.

The situation is what it is though. KT first and foremost needs to stay fit for an extended period of time. I think he and Zinchenko will have a good battle for the LB spot if he can.

Looking forward to seeing it play out. Real competition for that spot. Hopefully it drives them both on to become better players.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If true that could be an issue yes. Depending on what kind of injuries.
Keeping warm on bench not so much
it's a symptom of his overall attitude. really not complicated concept to grasp

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Zinchenko is a CM first and foremost. Him and Tierney could even start together. So I don't know what you guys are saying.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Zinchenko is a CM first and foremost. Him and Tierney could even start together. So I don't know what you guys are saying.
He has played 124 games in total for City, and 117 of those were as a LB.

94,5% of his games there as LB. So yeah, clearly a CM first and foremost.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

He has played 124 games in total for City, and 117 of those were as a LB. 94,5% of his games there as LB. So yeah, clearly a CM first and foremost.

Same way Fabian Delph was an LB, right? And also the fact that he plays as a CM for Ukraine.

But nah, I won't let you suck me into your never-ending spurious debate.

drippin

Same way Fabian Delph was an LB, right? And also the fact that he plays as a CM for Ukraine.

But nah, I won't let you suck me into your never-ending spurious debate.
I know, but it's false to say he is a CM first and foremost.

He was a CM when City bought him, but was taught how to play inverted LB, and since his City career has been an LB first and foremost.

Youth CM, and NT CM, yes. Nothing to debate here, straight facts.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Pretty sure Arteta recently says he sees him as a left back but his versatility is welcome. I don't know what to make of his midfield capabilities since he just doesn't do it at club level.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I know, but it's false to say he is a CM first and foremost.

He was a CM when City bought him, but was taught how to play inverted LB, and since his City career has been an LB first and foremost.

Youth CM, and NT CM, yes. Nothing to debate here, straight facts.

He's whatever his manager(s) want him to be. The Ukrainian managers have seen him as a CM, Pep and Arteta both see him as a LB. It's as simple as that really.

drippin

Same way Fabian Delph was an LB, right?
Not a good comparison because Delph played about half of his games in midfield for City. ~50% vs 94,5%.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Yeah Zinchenko playing LB here, I’d be surprised if he features at CM at all. Particularly with links to Tielemans not going anyway. I love KT but he just can’t stay fit for the duration of a season. The rotation will help his body.

We’ve had an excellent window so far. Really hope we can get a CM and maybe LW through the door. Then we can head into the season with no real weak point in our squad. Can’t remember the last time that’s happened.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Thanks I think I get the idea. You know him in person or have adequate insight to know that is the case?
You asked how he comes across and I answered how I think he comes across. You didn't ask "does anyone who knows Kieran Tierney in person know how responsible he is with his fitness"

Had enough of the conversation now 👍🏼

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If KT didn't have these injury issues we wouldn't have signed Zinchenko I'm sure. KT is one of Arteta's guys.

The situation is what it is though. KT first and foremost needs to stay fit for an extended period of time. I think he and Zinchenko will have a good battle for the LB spot if he can.

Looking forward to seeing it play out. Real competition for that spot. Hopefully it drives them both on to become better players.
While Tierney is a great personality, I don't think at all that he fits into Arteta's vision of football (which in the end will look like a copy of Guardiola's). Being completely clueless on the ball (especially under pressure) will make him unusable after players get familiar with Zinchenko and his skills.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom