• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
We don't need the money, it's just our model to build players up and then move them on.

You have actually made a decent attempt to defend your club, tried to give some insight from the viewpoint of Celtic (which you haven't succeeded at all but atleast tried). You did however provide a viewpoint from a Celtic fan. (Again, it showed mostly to be small time, unreasonably bitter about other clubs' sizes or money they can bring in, and generally overrating the appeal of the SPL).

Considering all of those you managed not to go full troll mode though, which I will give you credit for, especially since the members here have shown you hostility (which is justified, as you can really annoy people).

Coming back to the bolded bit. You have contradicted yourself quite often in here. So you don't need the money...yet you move players on? For what other reasons then money would you move a player on? If you didn't need the money you wouldn't actively try to sell your better players as they could have helped you do better in the CL. Anyway your business model seems to be based on you selling players, making a profit on transfers. Your history shows that. It is very clear you are a selling club, don't try to make out you want to keep players when you can make a nice profit.

Your net spend in the last 5 years:
14/15= -10
15/16 = -4m
16/17= 5m
17/18= 9m
18/19= -15m

So in last 5 years you made a profit of £15m. It is clear to see your club views, actually is banking on sales if you follow your transfer history.

There is no guaranteed a club will come in for Tierney next season who will offer as much as we are willing to. It is a risk Celtic are terrified of, hence why your club is trying to get Napoli involved in a bidding war.

Last edited:

LG10

It's attitudes like this that get our fans backs up, you know absolutely nothing about KT so you shouldn't even comment, the way you speak you would think KT hasn't played at any other level above SPFL, which would be BS.

KT has played just as many games at a top level for us as Wan Bissaka did for CP, difference is Wan Bissaka's games came in EPL whereas KT's games came in Europe with the CL/EL and Internationally. He's proven himself in all of those games regularly standing out against teams of a far higher standard than your Bournemouth, Norwich, Brighton, Burnley etc.

You're lucky the price is £25M because if I has my way at the club I wouldn't be letting KT go for a penny less than £35M and even then we'd be robbed.

His injury problems are greatly exaggerated it's all BS.
I wasn’t questioning Tierney the player, he looks top class. The **** league he plays in is why he’ll go for a relatively lower price. AWB is more expensive because he’s shown he’s top class in a quality league and being homegrown adds to the price.

No one gives a **** what price you would let him go for, glad the injury isn’t too bad.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Well if we sign him on deadline day instead of say tomorrow then we save paying him wages for three weeks. Wouldn't surprise me if we just longed the transfer out to save on paying wages. Especially if he is injured.

3×80,000=240,000

Did I miss something? Where is the other 260,000 saving coming from

Celtic Fan #565489

I wasn’t questioning Tierney the player, he looks top class. The **** league he plays in is why he’ll go for a relatively lower price. AWB is more expensive because he’s shown he’s top class in a quality league and being homegrown adds to the price.

No one gives a **** what price you would let him go for, glad the injury isn’t too bad.
AWB has played just as many top level games of football in the EPL as KT has in the CL/EL/Internationally, KT has also shown that he's a top class LB at those levels.

I get the homegrown argument which is fair enough as that will always bump the price up, but even still £35M would be fair payment of KT's services, you'd double that value within a season.

AWB has played just as many top level games of football in the EPL as KT has in the CL/EL/Internationally, KT has also shown that he's a top class LB at those levels.

I get the homegrown argument which is fair enough as that will always bump the price up, but even still £35M would be fair payment of KT's services, you'd double that value within a season.
Now it's 35 million your trying to push on to us... Look you can buy an Arsenal shirt with Teirney,s name on it if he means so much to you but he, s only worth what we pay because no one else is in for him.

Hooplehead

@Hleb's Sirush
You ****ed up your reply but I'll answer anyway, we sell these players on as it's our business model, prize money and TV money is barely worth counting and a European run is never guaranteed so we need to have strategy in place that doesn't rely on that.

Also part of the reason players like Édouard, VVD and Dembele sign in the first place is that they know our model is to improve and sell on.

All clubs need money to survive, but at the moment we are reaping the benefit of our strategy, sitting on £39m in the bank and more saleable assets than we ever have all tied down to lengthy contracts.

So yeah, we plan to sell eventually, but we do not have a financial need to sell, we'll post a profit either way, when the player is happy it only strengthens our position further, and therefore we will only sell on our terms.

Hooplehead

Now it's 35 million your trying to push on to us... Look you can buy an Arsenal shirt with Teirney,s name on it if he means so much to you but he, s only worth what we pay because no one else is in for him.
Well unless you pay what we say you won't be getting him, so he's worth what we say.

Well unless you pay what we say you won't be getting him, so he's worth what we say.
If it's no big deal if you keep him why monitor an Arsenal transfer forum and push your option's onto everyone who values your cuttent favourite celtic player differently from you... Nah... Couldnt care less.. If he,s so wonderful and we should throw our transfer budget at him..why are we the only party at the table...

@Hleb's Sirush
You ****ed up your reply but I'll answer anyway, we sell these players on as it's our business model, prize money and TV money is barely worth counting and a European run is never guaranteed so we need to have strategy in place that doesn't rely on that.

Also part of the reason players like Édouard, VVD and Dembele sign in the first place is that they know our model is to improve and sell on.

All clubs need money to survive, but at the moment we are reaping the benefit of our strategy, sitting on £39m in the bank and more saleable assets than we ever have all tied down to lengthy contracts.

So yeah, we plan to sell eventually, but we do not have a financial need to sell, we'll post a profit either way, when the player is happy it only strengthens our position further, and therefore we will only sell on our terms.
But your wages are the highest in your league... And need the champions league money or a sale or its into the 39...

Iceman10

Established Member
That might well be true but you are still more likely to sell if we just offered you 25m straight. No add ons.

Would be surprised if the final agreement does not have add-ons, and Celtic would be negligent not including some, such as add-ons for us to get back into the CL. It's just a matter of ensuring the upfront before add-ons is kept as low as possible. Have always expected the final agreement to go up to 30m *including* the potential add-ons.

Would be surprised if the final agreement does not have add-ons, and Celtic would be negligent not including some, such as add-ons for us to get back into the CL. It's just a matter of ensuring the upfront before add-ons is kept as low as possible. Have always expected the final agreement to go up to 30m *including* the potential add-ons.
Totally agree.. Think the board are trying to structure a deal where we would have targets met before releasing cash.. Its the upfront price that seems to be the sticking point

Arson Finger

Arsenal need to start looking at left backs like Aaron Martin, Kurzawa, Ruben Duarte, Nicola Murru from Sampdoria, Maximilian Mittelstadt from Hertha Berlin.

Martin would be ideal, if we could get him.

All young, promising, likely to be under 20 million (some very much under) and all currently healthy, unlike "Osteitis Pubis" Tierney, the 35- million-pound man from Glasgow Rangers.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

Not sure we are willing to go to 30m. It is clear he seems a priority but I think originally the club had in mind to go up to 25m as the max for him. That explains why waited so long to make a second bid. Maybe now we thinking we could add another 2m or so and perhaps go to 27m in total. Im just guessing ofcourse.

We could well go to 30m but I will be really surprised if we did. Even in this current market. A player from the Scottish league with a fairly reasonable doubt about his fitness, that would be too much.

Iceman10

Established Member
Not sure we are willing to go to 30m. It is clear he seems a priority but I think originally the club had in mind to go up to 25m as the max for him. That explains why waited so long to make a second bid. Maybe now we thinking we could add another 2m or so and perhaps go to 27m on total. Im just guessing ofcourse.

We could well go to 30m but I will be really surprised if we did. Even in this current market. A player from the Scottish league with a fairly reasonable doubt about his fitness, that would be too much.

Could be wrong but I think there are a lot of transfers that happen where the public at the time is none the wiser to many add-ons (except for the appearances based ones) in the agreement, because they only get triggered based on events down the line. tbh, 5m is not much at a time of getting back into the CL down the line, i.e. the value of that would be something like 30m+ guaranteed for that season.

Celtic Fan #565489

Not sure we are willing to go to 30m. It is clear he seems a priority but I think originally the club had in mind to go up to 25m as the max for him. That explains why waited so long to make a second bid. Maybe now we thinking we could add another 2m or so and perhaps go to 27m in total. Im just guessing ofcourse.

Karamoko Dembele will go for over £50M one day from our club, mark my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom