• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjamin86

Established Member

the video for anyone interested
As Ornstein says 80m is too much.... but as mentioned by GFFN the low wages and payment plan makes it's worth.

(i mentioned in Pepe thread before we were interested, i'd never seen him play well (4-5 times) and i thought he was worth 40-50)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
As Ornstein says 80m is too much.... but as mentioned by GFFN the low wages and payment plan makes it's worth.
All the players not worth the money being spent on them for example Pepe is not 80M euros player he is 50-60M player i mean we bought Laca for 50M after 3 season when he scored 100 Goals in ligue 1 and Auba for 60M who is elite striker. the market changed in last 2 seasons.

benjamin86

Established Member
All the players not worth the money being spent on them for example Pepe is not 80M euros player he is 50-60M player i mean we bought Laca for 50M after 3 season when he scored 100 Goals in ligue 1 and Auba for 60M who is elite striker. the market changed in last 2 seasons.
I'm saying the 80m price isnt bad as he's on relatively low wages (100k a week) and we get to pay out over a long time. If it was 80m and 200k+ wages different story! :)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm saying the 80m price isnt bad as he's on relatively low wages (100k a week) and we get to pay out over a long time. If it was 80m and 200k+ wages different story! :)
yeah of course Pepe wages unknown still some say 140k some 120k and last thing we read 90K

benjamin86

Established Member
yeah of course Pepe wages unknown still some say 140k some 120k and last thing we read 90K
I found this article really interesting regarding the whole transfer.
https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2019/how-lille-played-the-market-to-get-e80m-for-nicolas-pepe/

Lots of interesting bits of info like...

"Another thing that made Pépé particularly attractive to European clubs was how low his existing salary with Lille was: €120k a month, meaning that interested parties felt there was considerable room for negotiation on his wage, which was attractive. This contrasts starkly with other Ligue 1 wingers on the market this summer: Florian Thauvin earns around €410k a month and Lyon winger Bertrand Traoré receives around €300k a month. This also prevents the pair’s respective clubs from asking for €80m, with OM lucky if they get €40m for Thauvin this summer"

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Patrick Vieira was confrontational on the park so was Roy Keane. Vinnie Jones was a nut case and Gazza played the flute infront of Celtic fans. Lennon had no issues until he moved to Glasgow. I think i know what the common denominator is.

Anyway. Tierney. Come on Arsenal cough up the money. Need this to be done and dusted i can finally have one of Celtics top players move to the Arsenal rather than mid table nobodies in England.

When you come from Northern Ireland/north of ireland whatever you want to call it you have to handle yourself politically a lot different than your run of the mill Roy Keane or Vieira.

Especially in the 90s. Go and study a bit.

You from one of the most nationalist areas and having expressed interest and family connections with the IRA. Playing for NI them singing God save the queen.

You just have to look at Piques situation with Spain in the past. Similar but not as extreme.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

This saga...

giphy.gif

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'd imagine after the sale of Beilik we should wrap Tierney up?
I was reading Tierney is decent at RB as well, what do you think? Would be useful if he could play both.
He can play both but more a stop gap than a long term solution. He got shifted about from LCb on a back three to Rb to accommodate Robinson mainly. Tendency to come infield out right as he is very one footed.

If he signs i would want him starting left back as itll be a step up most weeks and rather him in his natural position. After that as a stop gap id be content.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

When you come from Northern Ireland/north of ireland whatever you want to call it you have to handle yourself politically a lot different than your run of the mill Roy Keane or Vieira.

Especially in the 90s. Go and study a bit.

You from one of the most nationalist areas and having expressed interest and family connections with the IRA. Playing for NI them singing God save the queen.

You just have to look at Piques situation with Spain in the past. Similar but not as extreme.
Not sure what youre saying here.

Goonger

Patrick Vieira was confrontational on the park so was Roy Keane. Vinnie Jones was a nut case and Gazza played the flute infront of Celtic fans. Lennon had no issues until he moved to Glasgow. I think i know what the common denominator is.

Anyway. Tierney. Come on Arsenal cough up the money. Need this to be done and dusted i can finally have one of Celtics top players move to the Arsenal rather than mid table nobodies in England.

He had the problem with Alan Shearer booting him in the head while at Leicester.

Martin O'Neil, Tommy Burns, Billy McNeil, Liam Brady, Brendan Rodgers, all ex Celtic managers as well as massive supporters that never had half the grief Lennon got. Current players like Brown, Griffiths etc very antagonistic but don't get the problems Lennon gets.

So tell me what or who is the common denominator again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom