• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Damn they really want us to offer
If you read the whole transcript and any transcript he is asked about Tierney time and time again and his answers never change. Not sure how else he could handle it.

@Steve Morrow Lennon is an Irish nationalist and he was boo'ed and received death threats for playing for Northern Ireland. He even took up the armband. For an Irish nationalist that is massive. If anyone is rotten to the core tis the so called support that cannot accept nationalists and sends death threats to them. Ive watched Lennon plenty of times for Celtic thats what he done stand in the centre circle. Against Boavista he was actually booed by the Celtic fans for standing in the circle most of the game and playing the ball backwards. Lennon has been attacked from fans in the stand, on nights out, while sitting at traffic lights, death threats sent to him. The fact that after all that the man is standing is incredible. A man that has suffered severe crippling depression. He should be applauded by society not attacked at every turn for his biggest crime of being a proud Irish nationalist that played for Northern Ireland.

Let's play Aubamawang

people forget that we were in for Pepe since 14 of July or even before that and french press reliable once report it.

We not linked with other LB and we'll buy Tierney.
Probably earlier, Pépé himself has said he was mulling offers during AFCON, which may also explain any lacklustre performances.

I really do hope we sign Tierney, he really could make a big difference in defence, not just attack.

Goonger

If you read the whole transcript and any transcript he is asked about Tierney time and time again and his answers never change. Not sure how else he could handle it.

@Steve Morrow Lennon is an Irish nationalist and he was boo'ed and received death threats for playing for Northern Ireland. He even took up the armband. For an Irish nationalist that is massive. If anyone is rotten to the core tis the so called support that cannot accept nationalists and sends death threats to them. Ive watched Lennon plenty of times for Celtic thats what he done stand in the centre circle. Against Boavista he was actually booed by the Celtic fans for standing in the circle most of the game and playing the ball backwards. Lennon has been attacked from fans in the stand, on nights out, while sitting at traffic lights, death threats sent to him. The fact that after all that the man is standing is incredible. A man that has suffered severe crippling depression. He should be applauded by society not attacked at every turn for his biggest crime of being a proud Irish nationalist that played for Northern Ireland.

He doesn't help himself with his antics though. His confrontational style, both on & off the park just stirs trouble.

I don't condone threats & violence against him whatsoever, but you need to ask yourself, why is it always Lennon?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He doesn't help himself with his antics though. His confrontational style, both on & off the park just stirs trouble.

I don't condone threats & violence against him whatsoever, but you need to ask yourself, why is it always Lennon?

Plenty of nationalists played for Northern Ireland. However they did so in a very different way to Lennon.

Also it doesn't help that he is from one of the most problematic towns and areas in Northern Ireland where that whole region was torture in the 80/90s.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Patrick Vieira was confrontational on the park so was Roy Keane. Vinnie Jones was a nut case and Gazza played the flute infront of Celtic fans. Lennon had no issues until he moved to Glasgow. I think i know what the common denominator is.

Anyway. Tierney. Come on Arsenal cough up the money. Need this to be done and dusted i can finally have one of Celtics top players move to the Arsenal rather than mid table nobodies in England.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Celtic fans should be proud if this goes through. One of their very own going right to the top of club football.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
8QmIp.gif

benjamin86

Established Member
Patrick Vieira was confrontational on the park so was Roy Keane. Vinnie Jones was a nut case and Gazza played the flute infront of Celtic fans. Lennon had no issues until he moved to Glasgow. I think i know what the common denominator is.

Anyway. Tierney. Come on Arsenal cough up the money. Need this to be done and dusted i can finally have one of Celtics top players move to the Arsenal rather than mid table nobodies in England.
I'd imagine after the sale of Beilik we should wrap Tierney up?
I was reading Tierney is decent at RB as well, what do you think? Would be useful if he could play both.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
What was the injury though?

He had a problem with his hip. Slightly more worryingly he also had what is called Osteitis pubis. Which is described as 'a painful, chronic syndrome that affects the symphysis pubis, adductor and abdominal muscles, and surrounding fascia. If misdiagnosed or mismanaged, osteitis pubis can run a prolonged and disabling course.'

And that is exactly what happened. Celtic misdiagnosed it, instead of resting, he kept training, which further aggravated the problem. They finally got to the bottom of it near the end of last season. Now that has been corrected hopefully he should be fine to play. His injury record before last season is very good. Which should give us the confidence that this was probably a one off.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
He had a problem with his hip. Slightly more worryingly he also had what is called Osteitis pubis. Which is described as 'a painful, chronic syndrome that affects the symphysis pubis, adductor and abdominal muscles, and surrounding fascia. If misdiagnosed or mismanaged, osteitis pubis can run a prolonged and disabling course.'

And that is exactly what happened. Celtic misdiagnosed it, instead of resting, he kept training, which further aggravated the problem. They finally got to the bottom of it near the end of last season. Now that has been corrected hopefully he should be fine to play. His injury record before last season is very good. Which should give us the confidence that this was probably a one off.
I have no idea about that but those two words are kind of worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom