• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Giant gamble by Celtic imo, if they don’t sell up and his injuries are as bad as reported they’ve passed up a fee they’ll never get again.

Could’ve gone on buying a few new players that.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Giant gamble by Celtic imo, if they don’t sell up and his injuries are as bad as reported they’ve passed up a fee they’ll never get again.

Could’ve gone on buying a few new players that.
that's why I'd be suspicious if they seem really keen to close the deal - if they seem reluctant it would mean they expect him to recover

double jeopardy situation

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
that's why I'd be suspicious if they seem really keen to close the deal - if they seem reluctant it would mean they expect him to recover

double jeopardy situation
The fact that they haven't already sold him is an indication they think he will be fine.

WizardOfAus

Sorry to hear about that and that doesn't sound very encouraging in regards to Tierney.

Making sense doesn't work around here often though, Fortunately, none of us make or affect club decisions.

Thanks for the empathy and I know... believe me I want him as much as the next person, and as I said, some professionals have OP and still perform at peak levels.. the captain of the team I follow in AFL won the MVP with this injury years ago, so it can work.. but admittedly, he spent a lot of time injured after his diagnosis

So as a long time victim of OP, have you ever checked if there's any advancement on the treatment nowadays to eliminate or fix the problem? Surgery ect? Or if we get the guy, this will be a recurring issue?

I don't want another situation with Rosicky/Wilshere again...

There is surgery that can be performed, but the success rate is not 100%.. the best treatment for it based on my knowledge of the injury and experience with it has been rest and proper maintenance. Strengthening your core helps with the injury as more of the impact (which aggravates the injury) is absorbed by muscle rather than by the pubic region, which would respond by becoming more inflamed.

So as mentioned, it would be a lot easier to manage the OP as a professional athlete with all the best facilities, physios and sports scientists in your corner.

LG10

What’s the point of signing a crock? No preseason, won’t be ready till October, will have to adjust to the league, etc. Can’t bare to watch Montreal or kolasinac any longer

StefanB

Not if he’s made of glass

He's played over 40 games a season since breaking through though. Think he'll be okay in the long run.

I'd rather we spend money on a quality left back that will hold down the position for 10 years while having to wait a couple of months for him to play, then having stop-gaps every other season and causing instability in the defence/team..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom