• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Konstantinos Mavropanos: Our New BFG

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I'm very, very excited to see him play. So much so that I'm honestly not that fused if we don't sign a CB; I'm rather optimistic that Dino is first-team material. He just needs the opportunity to prove himself.

Yep I have the exact feeling as well, some rumours going round saying Emery sees him as possibly first team quality which is great to hear. I’ve seen Sokratis and himself actually hang out a lot and would love to see them partnered together at some point in this season. Could really have a Greek wall.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Yep I have the exact feeling as well, some rumours going round saying Emery sees him as possibly first team quality which is great to hear. I’ve seen Sokratis and himself actually hang out a lot and would love to see them partnered together at some point in this season. Could really have a Greek wall.

The cynic in me thinks that Emery said that because he knows we won't sign a CB in Jan but I too am excited to see him. Mostly because I can't see how can be worse than Mustafi and Lichsteiner

nick gould

Please stop with the hyperbole, he's played 3 games not even sure he played them from start. And noone here had seen him before he came here.

Do we have to overhype everyone everytime?
Have faith in our head of recruitment. He is only got one sh*t transfer so far. I thought Wenger rated him as well. In fact he played some games ahead of Holding. Holding looked solid before his injury and we know he is not as quick or as physical as this guy.

Sanis

He looked very good in those games that he played (except for silly red card). He was also supposed to go on loan after we signed him, but Wenger was so impressed with him in training, that decided to keep him. Guy is talented and also has physical presence, something we lack in a CB position.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Can't be worse than the clowns currently playing there, I'd like to see him get a chance when he's fully fit..

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
One thing that makes him standout from the other defenders is that he's physically dominant - in the air and on the ground. That alone is a good foundation IMO. We'll see what he can do with that.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
He was ****e vs Leicester before he was sent off.

Class at Old Toilet though. Let's not overhype him. His injuries have been infuriatingly numerous. He's almost a myth right now.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
He looked very good in those games that he played (except for silly red card). He was also supposed to go on loan after we signed him, but Wenger was so impressed with him in training, that decided to keep him. Guy is talented and also has physical presence, something we lack in a CB position.
See, in a Third of the games he has played for us he has made silly mistakes and got sent off.

Any argument that he is bad or good have absolutely no backing. Its silly because it is way early to say anything. He has become three times better while injured it seems.

Zaza

Please stop with the hyperbole, he's played 3 games not even sure he played them from start. And noone here had seen him before he came here.

Do we have to overhype everyone everytime?
Out of those 3 - he was only good in one. People need to go easy.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Saying you have high hopes for him based on what you've seen isn't anything like saying he's going to be the next Sol Campbell ffs. The 'reign it in' mob... :rolleyes: Some see stuff, others don't know what they're looking at even if they stared at it for a century.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I think we are all so damaged by seeing a string of small, lightweight defenders bullied by the likes of Andy Carroll and Troy Deeney over the years. Its hard not to get excited about a 6' 3" 14 stone brick s***house of a defender.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hopefully he can get fit stay fit and go on loan to a PL side

If he impressses then back the season after 2020/21 to start for us or be in contention.

One for the future. If we want to be serious he shouldn’t be playing for us even next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom