• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Konstantinos Mavropanos (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Another one not even being given a fair chance by Arteta. Very good season in Bundesiga, established himself in the national team and physcial attributes that most defenders can only dream of and we`re selling him for peanuts. Lovely.
We are just hopeless at selling.

Arsenal player has had a very successful loan...there is talk of our asking price being £7m

Chelsea player (Fikayo Tomori) has a very successful loan...sold for a fee that could rise to £30m.

SK Lation

Actually maybe I'd agree although the dribbled past stat looks shocking, it might just be a bit of an anomaly. Luiz's defensive numbers are horrible.

They don't really fit the narrative about White's ability as this massive upgrade for passing and playing out from the back though, he's just about the weakest of the four...

Someone else said that you can't really trust defensive stats and that's probably true to a degree, there is a lot they don't pick up about controlling the space, decision making etc.

I still think White's a good player, but unconvinced about spending massively on a new CB

We are just hopeless at selling.

Arsenal player has had a very successful loan...there is talk of our asking price being £7m

Chelsea player (Fikayo Tomori) has a very successful loan...sold for a fee that could rise to £30m.

Tomori played for a team that got into the top 4 and has CL football next season. A club with financial power and great prestige.

Mavropanos so far had decent seasons with Nürnberg and now Stuttgart. The one is a midtable 2nd Bundesliga team, Stuttgart got promoted and had a very strong first Bundeliga season considering that. Some very promising talents in that team but nevertheless they ended up in midfield, Stuttgart doesn't have the money that Milan has. With all that being said, the main thing that lowers the possible fee for Mavro is that he didn't have one single season without a couple of injuries since he joined us. You always have to fear for him being injured and out for several months after the next tackling.

It's a pity because I highly rate him but it's the right thing to get rid of him and the fee is fair imo.

Rattata

"Bild" reports that he will go out on loan again and Stuttgart will have a 7m buy option. What the **** is that clown Edu doing?

7m is already to low for a permanent transfer but I could deal with it because we need money now. 7m next year is a joke of a transfer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Look like loan with 7m obligation so no matter what will happen we'll have 7m. Need to stop acting soft with clubs

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

If Wheatley to be fair to him was first to report it he said we getting 7m from him. He also have close contact to Greece players

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
That's the worst deal i have seen for a long time.

I wouldn't be even surprised, that Arsenal officials haven't seen his performances in the Bundesliga. Otherwise i can't explain a fee like this.

Bullied by Mislintant once again.
We gone soft with some of these deals really should just offered him to other teams for 10-15M. So we put pressure on Sven but if Mavropanos want Stuttgart looks like we being forced to accept his demands specially he got no future here

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Loan plus obligation. Presumably the loan fee is a few million which will take total fee to around 10m euro. Not a bad return on a player that's barely featured for us.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
This is ridiculous. A young Greece international that has had a very good season in Bundesliga. A fee of 7M is way too low and not even getting the money now makes it even worse. You have three options really. Keep him and give him a proper chance, which I would prefer. Loan him again without any option or obligation (extend his contract if needed), his value will probably just increase. Or you sell him now but for 12M at the very minimum.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Loan plus obligation. Presumably the loan fee is a few million which will take total fee to around 10m euro. Not a bad return on a player that's barely featured for us.
Could easily get him signed on, loan him out to a mid / lower PL side and then sell him for 20m.

This is the lowest fee we could get for a talented young CB.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
we under value our players just to get rid. We under valuing both xhaka and Guendouzi too so we get rid.

If fees are true 20m for Xhaka 15m Guendouzi 15m Torreira and 7m Mavropanos. Barely 60m.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
It's a terrible deal if true, rotten given his performance level. We'd be better off playing him in the Prem for a year to see if he performs because that's bargain basement even for the Bundesliga. Maybe the numbers reported are not correct or maybe we've loaded in a buyback / sell on clause for the Covid market. Can't think of another reason he goes so cheaply

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Hopefully there will be good 15-20% sell on Clause. We bought him for 2m was expecting 10m at least but can't do anything when all clubs in Europe are broke

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
As pointed out by others,loan him to lets say Southampton or Brentford,and he does well which I'm sure he would ,we could sell him for 20M easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom