• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Middlesbrough vs Arsenal | 03/02/04

Andrew

Allyboy said:
myth_scum_carn't_spel said:
LOL it was one game away from the Final??? and you got knocked out, yes sounds good to me, how much do you win, £5-10 mill for going all the way.

I seem to remember you getting to the final last year, playing an essential first team and then losing to a very average Liverpool team!

That £5-£10 million you lost could have covered the agent fees for your next two transfers!! :wink:

Ahhahahahahaa.... that's what you call... WRECKED! :lol:

patrick42uk

Established Member
reyes was playing with his back to goal for most of the game, he was easily picked off by southgat. he is at his best running towards defences. I think wenger might have asked him to play that role intentionally so he could get roughed up a bit. All part of the adjusting to the english game.

thegame24

Established Member
oh yea stack was also wicked

the best youngsters CLICHY and STACK by far.

its a shame our 3 players who helped whoop wolves were all out

Wiltord, kanu and aliadiere

jeremiesgirl

I guess it was a tough match for Reyes to make his full debut -after all Boro were out to play dirty and with 10 men it was always going to be difficult. I wish Wenger had put out a few other top players, at least on the bench -fair enough its not the most prestigious trophy but its still an achievement for the club, esp. the youngsters and its a real shame they have come so far and missed out :(

Still can't believe how unlucky Reyes is to get the OG in his full debut, he must be feeling awful -as they say s**t happens and tonight was a night to forget and to move on!

r_blair2

OK on a friendlier note. Edu and Vieira were superb, Ashley Cole played very well and Cygan also did well Commanding the Centre back role by himself when Kolo was out wide. Clichy looks very very comfortable. Bentley tried to do too much when he was on the ball.........is there such a thing as over confident :)

orion

myth_scum_carn't_spel said:
How much are Cabbages these days??£20 mill.
Well I totally respect your right to form your own opinions though from what I've seen so far there's not too much in there, but we made to the semis playing on second string, which ain't bad, United were out of the picture a long time ago. :wink:

jeremiesgirl

thegame24 said:
oh yea stack was also wicked

the best youngsters CLICHY and STACK by far.

its a shame our 3 players who helped whoop wolves were all out

Wiltord, kanu and aliadiere

Remember that Ali scored in every round of the Carling Cup he played in - would have loved to see have seen him play last week and tonight to see how he would have performed - just hope he gets a chance before the end of the season to show his worth now that we have Reyes.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
I hate to say this but Keown lost us this one. I noticed that more and more he is using fouls as tackles. I do not want to say anything negative about any of our players, but time is up for Martin.

Sorry mate, you have been one of the greatest Gooners and good luck to you, but it's time to say goodbye.

Honestly this is not kneejerk reaction. I have noticed this all the way through the CC.

I hope we get to say Goodbye in the best way, unlike Seaman.

jeremiesgirl

flotz said:
im sure that if aliadiere was fit we would have won at leas at highbury

damn right we would!!! Absolutely gutted for Ali to do so well in the previous rounds of the Cup and then to miss out playing in the semi's - that guy has the worst bad luck. I sincerely hope Ali can play a part in helping Arsenal to win some trophies this year :)

patrick42uk

Established Member
i tell you, if we had gilberto on the pitch with ten men, it would have been a different game.

expect reyes to start on saturday. wenger will give him the chance to get his confidence back up.

Sol man

I thought Reyes was properly introduced to the English game today. He had a bad game today so it is unfair to judge him. There was just too much going against him to expect him to have a brilliant game today. On todays showing he will definately need time.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
i tell you, if we had gilberto on the pitch with ten men, it would have been a different game.

expect reyes to start on saturday. wenger will give him the chance to get his confidence back up.

Well I guess there is a lot of ifs tonight. Yes Gilberto would have won a lot more of those long balls.

IF we had a bit of luck, and If we had Henry and Freddie and Reyes and Pires and IF we had 11 men ... Boro ... well we all know the score 4-1 to us.

Reyes is going to get slaughtered by the 'British' (read that as 'Manure') press, tomorrow.

Arsenal1989

How do you think reyes is feeling? Im sure the arsenal guys wil cheer him up.

On some other arsenal sites i read some guy ALREADY slagging off reyes i mean ffs its his FIRST full game at least give the kid time to adjust and get used to the english game, so stop slagging of reyes leave the kid alone.

Andrew

It's still a bit harsh on Keown. I agree, he had a shocking game. But he very rarely gets a go these days so you can't expect him to be up with it. And he showed earlier this season that he was still a very good defender.

And if Mancs think that we really wanted to win this game and really needed to get to the final... then think again. If we really, desperately wanted to get to the final I'm sure the likes of Campbell, Henry, Pires etc. would have started.

n_henry

Well, if (or rather, when) the press do get on his back, he won't be able to understand a word of it. :lol:

jc8gooner

Ah, well, our youngsters had a good run.
Thats the attitude we need to take. We have had 5 games in the Carling Cup and each one has been a bonus cos we have had the chance to take a look at all these younsters. Shame we didn't make it to the final, but overall Boro deserved it. We did better with our reserves than nearly every other Premiership team so we can't really grumble.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom