• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Middlesbrough vs Arsenal | 03/02/04

Mark

Established Member
AussieGooner said:
Fair to say we were too short up front today, If Kanu had been there we would have done far better today.

kanu was upfront in the first keg and we didn't look any better.

and on reyes - if it was an own goal (i'm still unsure) then expect a hell of a lot of stick from the press, i just hope it won't ruin his confidence. hopefully it will have the reverse effect and he will strive to get better and prove everyone wrong, much like henry when he struggled when he first came here.

I just wanna say how proud I am of the kids that got us this far. I'm sure we would have won this tie if we wanted to. Just look at the results in the league and F.A cup for proof. Not the best of starts for Reyes, but I'm sure that in time we will see the best of him.

n_henry

thegame24 said:
if kanu, ali and wiltord were there we would have won it.

Agreed..

Even, I think if only Kanu or Wiltord were there... Reyes was lost with Bentley it seems, and Bentley had no idea how to help him out... although Bentley played well. :)

thegame24

Established Member
kanu ali

reyes edu vieira wiltord

would have been the formation.

much more creativity and more goal threat frpom midfield.

Mark

Established Member
thegame24 said:
if kanu, ali and wiltord were there we would have won it.

i don't see why wiltord would've made a difference. all he'd do is get caught offside. and like i said kanu played upfront in the first leg and our attacking was just as poor that night as it was tonight. ali might've made a difference but no use thinking about that.

thegame24

Established Member
Kanu, reyes and wiltord would have all created chances for ali also wiltord would be a goal threat.

, bentley, clichy and parlour has no way near the same effect.

Proof?

when we destroyed wolves 5-1 it was ali kanu and wiltord.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i'm glad reyes has his family with him, especially his dad. he can explain to him its not the end of the world, tell him to use this as motivation to show his worth. i believe he will come good.

Adam

Established Member
These games are Kanu games.

The fact remains that surface decreases the speed (acceleration), and balance - meaning Wengerball functions at 70 percent max.

That was a horrid surface.

I hope it doesn't rain much up untill the Wolves game.

DOUBLE-YOU

yeah we lost but i was really impressed with the way we played today. you would never have known we were down to ten men. in fact i think we played better in this game than the first leg. i liked what i saw of bentley but you can see he needs a little more muscle. he likes to dribble but he didnt play too many through passes. i thought both vieira and edu were immense, however i can see why wenger prefers gilberto. both players were so intent on getting us into the game that we lost our shape on a number of occasions. say what you want about gilberto, he always keeps his discipline.
reyes didnt have the best of games, but i didnt expect him to, to be honest. i'm not concerned i've noticed when quality players come here they usually start slow then explode. its the flash in the pans i.e glenn helder, veron who usually start looking like world beaters.
hate losing but im not too disappointed. still can do the treble...(yeah right)

Fuzzo

Reyes wasnt that bad, people say it was a bad mistake, his own goal, but surely his effort to get back for the team shows ambition and willingness, if he hadnt had made an effort, Parnaby would have surely scored anyways, this kid needs time before he can be judged.. Remember, Spain has a far lower pace, once he learns that he doesnt have alot of time, he'll beable to perform as he has done for Sevilla. I doubt the press will have much of a mention of this.

Mark

Established Member
thegame24 said:
Kanu, reyes and wiltord would have all created chances for ali also wiltord would be a goal threat.

, bentley, clichy and parlour has no way near the same effect.

Proof?

when we destroyed wolves 5-1 it was ali kanu and wiltord.

that's hardly proof. this was against the wolves defence not the boro defence which has been very strong this season, and i think the rest of the team that played that night deserve some credit too, it wasn't just kanu, ali and wiltord even though they got the goals.

JazzG

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
i'm glad reyes has his family with him, especially his dad. he can explain to him its not the end of the world, tell him to use this as motivation to show his worth. i believe he will come good.

Agreed, I'm not that bothered with it. A minor set back that will only make him stronger in the long run.

He was played horribly out of position and that was a mistake by Wenger.

kanuuu

Established Member
reyes own goal would have been a goal anyway if he hadnt got there in time, shows hes not scared to risk his own humiliation in order to save the team

Mark

Established Member
yeah reyes was played as more of a target man tonight which doesn't really suit him. he looked better with henry and pires in the side and i hope he can maybe get a start against wolves this weekend.

Adam

Established Member
He needed Theirrys physical presence up there with him.

His acceleration (although on that surface) for the Schwarzer penalty claim was mind boggling.

Give him a pinch of Pires, a tad of Thierry, and voila.

lewdikris

Established Member
Does anyone really give a flying ****? Reyes ain't been bought to play with Bentley, Clichy and Parlour around him. He's been bought to play off Pires Henry and Ljungberg.

Boro played well, but even at minimal strength they weren't much better than us.

Forget it.

On to the next match - one that actually matters.

O, and if anyone thinks the press will be on Reyes' case. They won't. The easy story here is Boro beating an understrength Arsenal - and giving them credit. O, and a slating (quite rightly) of Keown...

thegame24

Established Member
i know they deserve credit mark, but these 3 were the attackers and they have done the business against big teams in the prem before, well kanu and wiltord have anyway but ali was on fire.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom