• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Leandro Trossard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

And there you have it!

It's clear that we have a strategy. We're recruiting within a certain age bracket in order to develop with the group as a whole, and my assumption is, if anyone falls outside of that age range, they'll be ready to go solidified ballers.

If you're 21-25-ish, it's a long-term thing. You're being bought to challenge, learn, and be moulded into what a current Arsenal player is.

But if we're seriously linked with or buy someone who is 27 or older, my guess is it'll be someone who is of the quality to go straight into the starting 11, no questions asked.

I said it before, perhaps in another thread, but buying a Trossard aged and a Trossard level player is almost immediately going to require you start to scout for a young talent to take his place in 18 months.

So why spend £20m+ and £100k+ a week on wages for someone you're immediately thinking about upgrading on, who will either stay with you for the entire length of their contract, or get you 10% of what you paid for them back in a transfer fee?

It never made sense. Ever.
Hopefully we'll still sign someone before the window closes, if Trossard is out of our age bracket, who else can we get?

Ljonin

Its a bit ridiculous tho. If you don’t have unlimited funds, you got to have a flexible plan sometimes.

Every young winger that can improve us will now cost 100 million £ +. If the club can’t/are not willing to operate under those terms, they have to be prepared to do something different.

If they fail, or worse, choose not to sign anyone and we start to fade away due to injuries/fatigue, I don’t think fans will show much sympathy and the atmosphere will quickly turn toxic again.

I simply refuse to believe Mudryk was our only target, that would be amateur stuff really.

DuBB

Hopefully we'll still sign someone before the window closes, if Trossard is out of our age bracket, who else can we get?

A name we don't know yet, until we're linked.

We get caught in these bubbles where there's thee types of player:

1. Highly known players who even your nan knows about
2. Players we're linked with in the media, so we obsess over them
3. Everybody else, who we assume isn't good, simply because we don't know them. Yet.

A good example is Fresneda, the young RB we're linked with.

By all accounts, he's one of the most highly rated and highest ceiling young defenders in La Liga, but before the first tweet linking him with us, you'd be hard pressed to find one post on here with his name in it. Now it's pretty well understood that he's a talent. Was he not a talent before we were linked? Or is he only a talent now that we are linked?

The point I'm trying to make is - there are more players than the ones we know, and clearly we have dozens of analysts, coaches and scouts whose deep knowledge of these players surpasses our own.

So I wouldn't be too panicked about the fact that we don't know who we can get, because before a journalist sniffs it out and presents it to us, how should we know?

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

A name we don't know yet, until we're linked.

We get caught in these bubbles where there's thee types of player:

1. Highly known players who even your nan knows about
2. Players we're linked with in the media, so we obsess over them
3. Everybody else, who we assume isn't good, simply because we don't know them. Yet.

A good example is Fresneda, the young RB we're linked with.

By all accounts, he's one of the most highly rated and highest ceiling young defenders in La Liga, but before the first tweet linking him with us, you'd be hard pressed to find one post on here with his name in it. Now it's pretty well understood that he's a talent. Was he not a talent before we were linked? Or is he only a talent now that we are linked?

The point I'm trying to make is - there are more players than the ones we know, and clearly we have dozens of analysts, coaches and scouts whose deep knowledge of these players surpasses our own.

So I wouldn't be too panicked about the fact that we don't know who we can get, because before a journalist sniffs it out and presents it to us, how should we know?
I've got nothing against signing Fresneda don't get me wrong, however, surely we'd have to sign a forward or CM before Fresneda this window. We've got more then enough defenders dompared to forwards & midfielders.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
I really don’t mind this it’s desperate but Rice in the summer and another hot winger is pretty exciting.

Reliable reports said Mikel wanted him last summer as well, so it’s not as random as it looks.

Yeah, I agree with you here. Trossard would mean that we can get a good winger and a MF in the summer.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Deeply unexciting, but probably very sensible. Can play multiple positions, has done pretty well in big games, previously had good work rate numbers. Versatile enough not to be redundant next season even if we bring in a higher ceiling player. Should be able to hit the ground running.

If £20m or less, we really can't complain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom