• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Leicester City: Another FFP Victim

SlyFox

Tbf to him, he lost slab and chillwell who were important to that team. Leicester should have pushed on after the title win, i know the owner died in that horrible accident but the club needed to push on.
We didn’t finish above 8th or 9th with them in the team, without them we finished 5th twice and won the FA Cup.

I’m not sure what more the club could do. They’ve invested in a new training ground and a stadium expansion for the long term of the club.

For clubs our size it will always be cyclical. After the title win we had to rebuild due to the age of the squad, and we did and got back into the top spots again.

What we’ve got to do now is the same thing, it’s gone a bit stale (much of which is down to Rodgers and his horrific signings). So we’ve got to rebuild.

Might take a year or two, or three. But the club will just follow the same blueprint that’s served us so well.

Rodgers HAS to go though.

SlyFox

We didn’t finish above 8th or 9th with them in the team, without them we finished 5th twice and won the FA Cup.

I’m not sure what more the club could do. They’ve invested in a new training ground and a stadium expansion for the long term of the club.

For clubs our size it will always be cyclical. After the title win we had to rebuild due to the age of the squad, and we did and got back into the top spots again.

What we’ve got to do now is the same thing, it’s gone a bit stale (much of which is down to Rodgers and his horrific signings). So we’ve got to rebuild.

Might take a year or two, or three. But the club will just follow the same blueprint that’s served us so well.

I will add, our success hasn't been a fluke. The club drew up a successful blueprint on how things should run and should work, and I think the two times we've got a bit sticky is when we've strayed from that and given one man too much sway. It happened with Ranieri AFTER the title win and now with Rodgers. The club will slowly bring back control away from him and install their own people around the club once more.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I will add, our success hasn't been a fluke. The club drew up a successful blueprint on how things should run and should work, and I think the two times we've got a bit sticky is when we've strayed from that and given one man too much sway. It happened with Ranieri AFTER the title win and now with Rodgers. The club will slowly bring back control away from him and install their own people around the club once more.
Do you think you will sell Tielemans and Fofana? Are you happy if you keep Tielemans and he leaves for free? How much would you pay for Tielemans with a year in contract after the season he has had?

Shouldn't you sell at least Fofana if you want to rebuild? Or has Chelsea made some too small offer (like some silly add-ons) for a player with a long-term contract? Because the prices rumoured are huge no matter his potential, after his injury. You could get like two great defenders for that money.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Vestergaard and Bertrand were such yikes signings.

SlyFox

Do you think you will sell Tielemans and Fofana? Are you happy if you keep Tielemans and he leaves for free? How much would you pay for Tielemans with a year in contract after the season he has had?

Shouldn't you sell at least Fofana if you want to rebuild? Or has Chelsea made some too small offer (like some silly add-ons) for a player with a long-term contract? Because the prices rumoured are huge no matter his potential, after his injury. You could get like two great defenders for that money.
Ask yourself this, if Chelsea came to you and wanted to sign Saliba after three league games, what would you ask for him. Let alone when he's proved himself playing in a top 5 team for a season?

The club believes that he's worth far more than £60m, or at the very least he's going to be worth far more, we paid £35m for him, would owe the usual 10% loyalty bonus to him, 20% to St Ettiene and we paid out about £5m in wages when he was injured. Then we're going to get robbed for a replacement, christ he cost £35m and had played 20 games in France.

I'm sure the club would like to sell Tielemans, but what's the point if it's £15m or something like that. We aren't going to get a replacement for that, we might as well keep a player capable of being the difference in games.

The finance stuff is being massively overplayed, we aren't desperate fo money and have a squad who has proven capable of finishing 5th, 5th, 8th and win an FA Cup.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Ask yourself this, if Chelsea came to you and wanted to sign Saliba after three league games, what would you ask for him. Let alone when he's proved himself playing in a top 5 team for a season?

The club believes that he's worth far more than £60m, or at the very least he's going to be worth far more, we paid £35m for him, would owe the usual 10% loyalty bonus to him, 20% to St Ettiene and we paid out about £5m in wages when he was injured. Then we're going to get robbed for a replacement, christ he cost £35m and had played 20 games in France.

I'm sure the club would like to sell Tielemans, but what's the point if it's £15m or something like that. We aren't going to get a replacement for that, we might as well keep a player capable of being the difference in games.

The finance stuff is being massively overplayed, we aren't desperate fo money and have a squad who has proven capable of finishing 5th, 5th, 8th and win an FA Cup.
Oh it's only 60 million, well that's ridiculous with that contract. I thought it was 80-90 million they have offered.

Yeah for 15 million pounds I would likely keep Tielemans too, unless there is a threat that he will play even worse this year. But also he has to play well to attract the next club.

I can't totally understand if you're holding out for more than 25 million pounds for him. That enables to buy some young player with good potential.

SlyFox

Oh it's only 60 million, well that's ridiculous with that contract. I thought it was 80-90 million they have offered.

Yeah for 15 million pounds I would likely keep Tielemans too, unless there is a threat that he will play even worse this year. But also he has to play well to attract the next club.

I can't totally understand if you're holding out for more than 25 million pounds for him. That enables to buy some young player with good potential.
Nah £60m with £10m more in barely achievable add ons, like champions league wins.

I think £20m+ and we'd probably do a deal for Tielemans, I'm starting to think he's already got something lined up for next summer.

SlyFox

Chelsea caved and it’s £70m cash with addons to take it to a world record fee. Top quality player, but utterly unprofessional.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Kasper Schmeichel, who was part of the Leicester City furniture, has signed for Nice. Another part of the Title winning side will leave in time, Jamie Vardy. It will be interesting to see who Leicester replace Jamie with.
Hard to imagine Leicester without Vardy, a bit like Tottenham and Harry Kane.

UltrasID

Can someone explain what's going on with Leicester?

They didn't get any new players and they are in really bad situation.

It is weird that they don't invest.

SlyFox

Can someone explain what's going on with Leicester?

They didn't get any new players and they are in really bad situation.

It is weird that they don't invest.
It’s simple, to try and compete we’ve paid out big wages comparatively compared to income. We paid a lot out last summer despite making large covid losses also.

The squad is full, we don’t have the space for new players or the money for wages until players leave.

We’ve invested large amounts in infrastructure projects like training ground and stadium.

The situation resolves itself next summer lots lots of average squad players out of contract.

Oh… and there is nothing wrong with the squad. It’s finished 5th, 5th & 8th. The issue is that players and fans alike have just lost all faith in the manager, who seems only concerned with making excuses for himself and throwing everyone else under the bus.

This despite all of our glaring issues being related to him and his deficiencies. If he gets sacked, there will be an almost instant upswing in form.

At the moment we are all just sitting tight until the board catch up and get rid.

SlyFox

Finished club
Yawn, oh look a 12 year old.

It's not been by accident that we went from languishing in the championship, to winning the Championship, winning the Premier League, winning the FA Cup and challenging the top 4 for a few years.

We've built a state of the art training ground and got a ground expansion happening. For clubs of our size, things will always get tricky if everything isn't running at 100% and the balancing act of growing off the pitch and on it is a difficult one (you had your own issues there when moving grounds).

But the approach will remain the same, the way we've gone about rebuilding the team three times and always come back strong will remain the same.

It's not been about luck or just money, but a philosophy of how things should be done. If we stick to that, then we'll be absolutely fine, and far from "finished".

Step one is removing a man who is all about himself, the rest will sort itself out after that.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Yawn, oh look a 12 year old.

It's not been by accident that we went from languishing in the championship, to winning the Championship, winning the Premier League, winning the FA Cup and challenging the top 4 for a few years.

We've built a state of the art training ground and got a ground expansion happening. For clubs of our size, things will always get tricky if everything isn't running at 100% and the balancing act of growing off the pitch and on it is a difficult one (you had your own issues there when moving grounds).

But the approach will remain the same, the way we've gone about rebuilding the team three times and always come back strong will remain the same.

It's not been about luck or just money, but a philosophy of how things should be done. If we stick to that, then we'll be absolutely fine, and far from "finished".

Step one is removing a man who is all about himself, the rest will sort itself out after that.

Don't get triggered, mate. Leicester is one of the good guys in the league. You'll bounce back.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

I take you mean Rodgers? Seems harsh when he got you 2 top5 finishes and an FA Cup. In the past I've wanted him here. What would you attribute the drop in form too over the past season and a bit? Last year I thought injuries did you in

SlyFox

I take you mean Rodgers? Seems harsh when he got you 2 top5 finishes and an FA Cup. In the past I've wanted him here. What would you attribute the drop in form too over the past season and a bit? Last year I thought injuries did you in
This isn’t reactionary, the tide has been turning for him since his second season.

On the face of it he did a good job, but we all knew he was actually getting a pretty bloody good starting 11 and a decent squad. We knew we were underperforming before he arrived.

Things were going great… then the negativity started. Playing down the team, throwing players under the bus, making excuses for himself rather than defending the club or players. The tactical ability of a mouse, unable to set up a defensive unit or to solve the set piece issue.

Sacked a guy in charge of fitness who’d been here 20 years and over seen an amazing fitness record. Installed his own person and everyone started getting injured.

Installed his own man as head of recruitment, with zero record of anything outside buying a load of ****e for Sunderland and getting them relegated. Started buying loads of duds.

Man I could go on and on and on. He has a life span, all he previous clubs fans said it, told us how limited he was… everything they said has come true.

The knob goes on about a rebuild but basically every player deemed surplus to requirement has been bought by him for about £150m.

We need rid asap, he stays and we go down.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Unfortunately that's how his time went at Celtic. Two fantastic seasons and struggled in the third. The play became stale, recruitment dodgy, complaints about money, throwing players under the bus, then players complaining he went back on agreements that they could leave.

In saying that i have some sympathy re the transfer complaints. He developed Dembele and sold him for 20m got little back to spend. The CEO refused to pay 500k more for John McGinn and Castagne was on his way only for the same ceo refuse to pay an extra million.

It was a complex situation i guess but from the outside it does have some similar themes. He is a very good manager but evidence suggests short term fixer rather than long-term builder.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Rodgers look absolutely give up in his press conference he say the expectations should go reach 40 points and stay in league.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom