• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Leon Bailey

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd love Bailey here, and yes there will no doubt be stiff competition for him. He could be valued as high as 50-60m by the summer. But I think some of you are overstating him slightly. He's a very good young winger and I think he has lots of goalscoring potential too, but the idea that he's already out of our reach or is only a PSG/Madrid player is a bit much. If the market wasn't so completely out of touch with reality he'd be about 30m.

There'll be competition, but if a club like Arsenal decide they wanted him then they could get him. If i'm wrong and that isn't the case then the state of the modern game has really gone awry. I might indeed be wrong come to think of it; I thought Mbappe was attainable last year. Mbappe was on another level to Bailey, but I didn't think he'd already be out of our reach after one season of senior football.

It's a shame we didn't get Mbappe. Young strikers are being shoved to the wing because they are fast, can dribble and finish. Mbappe and Martial both played centrally and Rashford also.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This January is showing that a lot of movement is going at the club, and I can see us having room for Bailey if we get rid of some players and maybe loan some more out.

Right now our attack features Laca, Mkhi, Welbeck, Giroud, and Iwobi. If PEA comes in and Giroud goes the other way then our numbers are still the same, and it would be hard for Bailey to fit in. Also, Nelson needs to get minutes and we can't afford to lose him.

However, I could see us trying to get rid of Welbeck this summer and that would create space for Bailey. Likewise, Sven's German connections could have us sending Nelson on loan in the Bundesliga. Frankly, buying Bailey and sending Nelson on loan to Leverkusen would make a lot of sense. And since we seem to be all about swap deals now that wouldn't be farfetched. Nelson's good friend Jadon Sancho is doing well at Dortmund, so it should be expected that Nelson could make an impact at that level.

Also, making it back into the Champions League would be huge for attracting him to the squad.

Having PEA, Laca, Bailey, Mkhi, and Iwobi competing for the attacking positions with Nelson getting experience in the Bundesliga would be a great way to start next season.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I'd love Bailey here, and yes there will no doubt be stiff competition for him. He could be valued as high as 50-60m by the summer. But I think some of you are overstating him slightly. He's a very good young winger and I think he has lots of goalscoring potential too, but the idea that he's already out of our reach or is only a PSG/Madrid player is a bit much. If the market wasn't so completely out of touch with reality he'd be about 30m.

There'll be competition, but if a club like Arsenal decide they wanted him then they could get him. If i'm wrong and that isn't the case then the state of the modern game has really gone awry. I might indeed be wrong come to think of it; I thought Mbappe was attainable last year. Mbappe was on another level to Bailey, but I didn't think he'd already be out of our reach after one season of senior football.
We’re talking about a €100m player here, Leverkusen are sure as hell not selling him for €50m-60m.

BBF

This January is showing that a lot of movement is going at the club, and I can see us having room for Bailey if we get rid of some players and maybe loan some more out.

Right now our attack features Laca, Mkhi, Welbeck, Giroud, and Iwobi. If PEA comes in and Giroud goes the other way then our numbers are still the same, and it would be hard for Bailey to fit in. Also, Nelson needs to get minutes and we can't afford to lose him.

However, I could see us trying to get rid of Welbeck this summer and that would create space for Bailey. Likewise, Sven's German connections could have us sending Nelson on loan in the Bundesliga. Frankly, buying Bailey and sending Nelson on loan to Leverkusen would make a lot of sense. And since we seem to be all about swap deals now that wouldn't be farfetched. Nelson's good friend Jadon Sancho is doing well at Dortmund, so it should be expected that Nelson could make an impact at that level.

Also, making it back into the Champions League would be huge for attracting him to the squad.

Having PEA, Laca, Bailey, Mkhi, and Iwobi competing for the attacking positions with Nelson getting experience in the Bundesliga would be a great way to start next season.

Bailey is an automatic starter on the wing if he comes here imo. Aubameyang up top, Bailey on the wing, then it's up to Mkhi/Lacazette/Iwobi on who starts on the other. Probably Lacazette on the left.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bailey is an automatic starter on the wing if he comes here imo. Aubameyang up top, Bailey on the wing, then it's up to Mkhi/Lacazette/Iwobi on who starts on the other. Probably Lacazette on the left.

Yeah, I wouldn't go so far as saying he is an automatic starter. He definitely has the potential to be a starter for us, but at the highest level, if we plan on competing there, few should ever expect to be an automatic starter.

With Bailey we'd have four players in PEA, Laca, Mkhi, and Bailey for three positions who are good enough to start each match. Based on fitness, form, and opponent we should rotate these guys. Iwobi is behind all of these guys.

This has always been something that Wenger has failed to successfully do, but this is obviously the new requirement for top teams.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Is he really that good? Haven't seen much of him at all, is he a Dembele/M'Bappe level player?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We’re talking about a €100m player here, Leverkusen are sure as hell not selling him for €50m-60m.

What do you mean he's a 100m player? Like that's what he could be worth, or that's what he's already worth?

I might be wrong, but I don't predict he'll be on the Mbappe/Dembele level yet by the summer. I think he'll be a hot prospect that you might have to shell out around 50m for, but not 100m. Anyway, in real terms, he's nowhere near worth 100m yet. There's no patience in football anymore.

BBF

Is he really that good? Haven't seen much of him at all, is he a Dembele/M'Bappe level player?

Hard to say, both of those two already had a season in a top league before. He's definitely playing at their level but it's hard to tell if he's just in good form or not. I'd say he's a top 3-5 prospect in football alongside them though.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
People are hyping this guy way too much, and i'm saying that as someone who really likes him and wants him here. But he's not Mbappe/Dembele level quite yet. Those two are absolute freaks. Bailey is really really good and could go on to become one of the best forwards in the world. But he's not a 100m player, let's not overstate things. Shoot me if i'm wrong come summer.

BBF

Yeah, I wouldn't go so far as saying he is an automatic starter. He definitely has the potential to be a starter for us, but at the highest level, if we plan on competing there, few should ever expect to be an automatic starter.

With Bailey we'd have four players in PEA, Laca, Mkhi, and Bailey for three positions who are good enough to start each match. Based on fitness, form, and opponent we should rotate these guys. Iwobi is behind all of these guys.

This has always been something that Wenger has failed to successfully do, but this is obviously the new requirement for top teams.

Definitely agree on the automatic starter bit. But you have to look at the competition. We'd only have two natural wingers in Bailey/Nelson whilst the others are strikers or attacking midfielders. Mhki, PEA and Lacazette look woeful on the wing so I wouldn't trust them. I reckon Wenger will somehow force one of the strikers onto the wing with Mkhi playing tho which is the wrong way about it.

BBF

People are hyping this guy way too much, and i'm saying that as someone who really likes him and wants him here. But he's not Mbappe/Dembele level quite yet. Those two are absolute freaks. Bailey is really really good and could go on to become one of the best forwards in the world. But he's not a 100m player, let's not overstate things. Shoot me if i'm wrong come summer.

No one's paying 100m for Bailey. I don't think anyone's desperate enough and he hasn't had a full season of top flight football yet.

Impact

Established Member
His physique makes him perfect for the Premier League. He is attainable. No club bigger than Arsenal can promise his first team football. That has to be our sell for the best young talents in the market. The biggest club that will give you an opportunity.

He's not Mbappé or Dembele level but he's still very good.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

His physique makes him perfect for the Premier League. He is attainable. No club bigger than Arsenal can promise his first team football. That has to be our sell for the best young talents in the market. The biggest club that will give you an opportunity.

He's not Mbappé or Dembele level but he's still very good.

Chelsea if Hazard goes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom